test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

difficulty level feedback (positive)

olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
just did an infected (advanced) and we made the timer

it was still dangerous, after gravity well-ing a bunch and alpha-ing I had to run out of range a couple time

the difficulty level seemed better set, or possibly I was just in some kind of crazy strong group

I'll be curious to see how khitomer vortex goes (the timer there has been pretty ludicrous)

EDIT: I'm not a minmaxer, but have decent gear, not FAW optimized
Post edited by olliereport on

Comments

• olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited November 2014
    huh, made the timer in khitomer vortex by 3 seconds. impressive change. It was a challenge to make the timer, but accomplish-able.

I will say, that the boss at the end though, has been nerfed too much.

I can't say for sure, but if other ques had changes like this, that sounds good.

But also, in 3/6/9 months time, I would hope difficulty would be evaluated again, and ramped some. Have to keep it interesting.
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited November 2014
    heh, 2nd infected missed the optional right away, so who knows I guess
  • akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    you want a feedback? the difficulty is way too low... the wave in CCA doesnt kill you anymore so there is no tactics whats so ever. in ISA is just pure dps. you have enough dps you can pull it, if you dont you are just going to fail it. the Borg Disconnected looks pretty cool but is not that hard. In a few months we will go back to farm them all with not even a little sweat...

but in the public ques the dps is so poor that you have to be into BDSM if you join there:)) and i think here is the biggest problem of the game. the majoriy of the players are here just for the star trek theme and they have no idea about mmos and games mechanics. cryptic should intervine on this level and try to make them understand better the game and how the dps works or to focus the game on another direction not just mindless dps rush... but this is just an opinion and offtopic:D

i would vote for a higher difficulty level, but TRIBBLE half of the players for my wish is not an option i guess...
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All I do is pug, And last 5-6 days about 20 total runs I guess in ISA, only failed once.
    Today even pugged and beat it with a 4 man team since one guy lost connection or whatever right at the start. And I was an Engineer.

And both my toons are single target, no FAW spam anymore. The 4 man group only 1 was a FAW spammer. Which might be one of the problems. Everyone sees it as the only option to up DPS, By hitting things you shouldn't be hitting. Popping Generators before their time, etc.

Loving the Intel ships and OSS+SS ATM. Glad I decided to give them another chance. Rather then be a Disco Ball of Death. Actualy good Piloting and picking exactly what you need to kill right now. My Engineer in Mk XII Beam Array boat can do it with a random pug, Which all others had 9-10K DPS when I parsed, but 3 people, Including me were single target ships. Which make sit easier. Just doesn't look as pretty if all you care about is "I got 30k DPS!!!!!"

So I say Kudos to the new difficulty. People just need to think beyond High DPS FAW Spam.
    In the new Intel ships. can easily get 15k single target DPS. Meaning the Transformer goes fown faster instead of spreading out that damage to 10 other targets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All I do is pug, And last 5-6 days about 20 total runs I guess in ISA, only failed once.
    Today even pugged and beat it with a 4 man team since one guy lost connection or whatever right at the start. And I was an Engineer.

And both my toons are single target, no FAW spam anymore. The 4 man group only 1 was a FAW spammer. Which might be one of the problems. Everyone sees it as the only option to up DPS, By hitting things you shouldn't be hitting. Popping Generators before their time, etc.

Loving the Intel ships and OSS+SS ATM. Glad I decided to give them another chance. Rather then be a Disco Ball of Death. Actualy good Piloting and picking exactly what you need to kill right now.

So I say Kudos to the new difficulty. People just need to think beyond High DPS FAW Spam.
    In the new Intel ships. can easily get 15k single target DPS. Meaning the Transformer goes fown faster instead of spreading out that damage to 10 other targets.

Thats the key to not failing. There is a time to Spam BFAW (dealing with the spheres after you kill the transformer), and a time to be selective (weakening the gens).
  • synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep, like the days before the Scimitar hit and everything started power creeping the way it did. the 10% rule. But, you don't even need that in a PUG ISA. In either my Phantom Tac(Phaser), or Engineer Beam Boat(Rom Plasma). OSS+SS means I can do one pass alone and clear each Generator without stopping, Then focus straight on the Transformer.
    Which I had to do in a couple runs where Teammates just park and spam. lol

I believe that was the point behind these Intel ships. Try to bring things away from FAW park Hump spacebar, relocate, park hump spacebar.
    Being able to jack up all power levels with OSS, then jack up critical Chance with SS, even an engineer can Pump the DPS. DPS WHERE IT MATTERS, Not a high DPS for a leaderboard.
    Taking the same toon and using FAW I get alot more Parsed DPS, ALOT MORE, But Also fail alot of pugs in the proccess. Whereas going the Single Target route I only failed once in a week.

So even though it was a good money move making the T5U option. And I spent WAY too much money upgrading them old ships. I wish they didnt give the option. T6 all the way.
    And only reason I tried it again was wanting the Reprocity trait. lol.
    But, that in turn made the Eclipse look 1000 times better with the Phantoms Naccelles on it. Alos SS is at least working properly with my weapons now also probably helped.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]