test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just.. so sad.

klingonwarrior01klingonwarrior01 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Just some feedback and a goodbye.

I've started playing STO right after it became free2play and almost always liked it very much, it was fun, it was quite authentic to the franchise, though I dont had much money back then I tried to pay at least 5€ per month because it just feels right to me to support a product I like even if its given to me "for free". Yes, the game always had its struggle with bugs, lack of customer service, the graphics never there up to date BUT it was fun, the fast leveling and the rewards were mostly satisfying. It was just a great game to play with my friends, I build up a pretty "big" guild with a freind. I dont want talk to much about the fleet history, just that we had like 20 active Member swhen DR went live.

However, today, with Delta Rising the game is just no fun anymore. From the 20 people in my guild only two remained active through the first three weeks after DR. In the past 18 Months, since LoR, many bad descisions were made by Cryptic.. not the Romulans per se, but the awful storylines, horrible storytelling, cross faction PvP qeueus, missing attention other factions than the federation and the total lack of authenticity. When I log into a STAR TREK Game I just expect to see STAR TREK not a bunch of Starships from the other side of the galaxy rainbow-ing the Borg to death.
But I could tolerate all of this, because the gameplay, at least in PvE, was fun and rewarding. Just a nice way to spend some broing evenings.
Now the whole game is just a horrible grinding party making it nearly impossible to play more than one toon at once, or to farm equipment/Zen Store ships in a reasonable amount of time. The only way to get new stuff in a enjoyable amount of time is buying it with real money. And after that? NO challenging OR at least easy to farm PvE Content just.. more grind.

This game depraved to some Star Trek themed Asia Grinder.
It doesnt sound, nor looks, nor feels like a Star Trek game anymore.

I dont write this because I want to cry about anything. I accepted STO becoming worse with each Update long ago. Its just sad, because its the only ST MMO out there and I was really hoping and wishing DR would be good for the game. But it seems like Cryptic was so blinded by $$$ that they forgot $$$ is generated by high qualtity content.

I see the emtpy queues, i know what happened to my fleet. Pls dont try to tell me that there is a "silent majority" enjoying non-sense grinding. Im hoping for the best for the game and hope that Cryptic will listen to all the (mainly) good critics in the forum.

I may look back into the game in a couple of months.

With this in mind,
so long and thanks for all the fish :)

Comments

• rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    BANNED!!! You say bad thing.

You have hit a lot of points that will still be ignored.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Unfortunately I quit threads are not allowed.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • fuglassfuglass Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sry to see ya go, but fully understand your reasons for leaving.

It's strange but your leaving and others like you may change the game for the better. I don't mean that to sound bad, but when enough players leave, quit spending, or only log for 5min a day the people at Cryptic will be forced into making the changes the players want or they'll be unemployed soon enough. Sometimes drastic measure are needed...this is certainly one of those times.

Good Luck to you and if you discover another "fun" game to play stop by and let us know what it is, I know many of us are look for alternatives ourselves.

Well Take Care-
    Glass

Time for the inevitable child/troll posts of "can I haz ur stuff"
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If people would only be so expressive melodramatic, melancholic and whatever else about dying children in Africa, people getting killed in wars...

Sad to see that a video game has so much influence that people make it so important to their lives that they need to write goodbye letters for "likes"
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Your feedback is important however I quit threads are not allowed on the forums.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.