test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I had to see Ker'rat

taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Finally got my ship upgrades up to acceptable pvp levels.

So I warp on over to Ker'rat to check out the scene (havent flown Ker'rat since DR hit - I didnt want to even try it until my ship was somewhat upgraded).

I reach Ker'rat, and take a deep breath before entering. (Im a little worried/anxious at this point thinking I will have my hat handed to me by all these Upgraded Evul's).

Upon entry I see 2 KDF beating up on a lone Fed so I joined the fray. We battle it out for 15 mins approx. Pretty even, tho we eventually prevailed, chasing off the two KDF.
Then they leave, and no one else shows up for the next hour... I got bored so before I logged off, I checked the PvP queues to see if I could hit one more match before bed.
2 ppl were waiting in the C&H queue the rest of the Queues were deadsville. 0 ppl waiting...

You guys werent kidding when you said many have stopped PvP'n.
That's so sad.
I used to get such a thrill battling with other really good opponents. PvP'n was the only time I felt under pressure playing STO.
(Maybe I came on too late - was 10 pm Atlantic time).

Do you think ppl have stepped away from ker'rat until their ships are upgraded ?
I know I wasnt going to pvp until my ship had met my expectations...

Hopefully the ppl I used to see there are still around, maybe I picked a bad time of night, but last year no matter the time there was always some ppl around.
I felt a little lonely flying around all by myself.

_
[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
Post edited by taylor1701d on

Comments

• stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I myself am waiting to upgrade all of my equipment before I go back into Kerrat. Unfortunately its taking a while.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Finally got my ship upgrades up to acceptable pvp levels.

So I warp on over to Ker'rat to check out the scene (havent flown Ker'rat since DR hit - I didnt want to even try it until my ship was somewhat upgraded).

I reach Ker'rat, and take a deep breath before entering. (Im a little worried/anxious at this point thinking I will have my hat handed to me by all these Upgraded Evul's).

Upon entry I see 2 KDF beating up on a lone Fed so I joined the fray. We battle it out for 15 mins approx. Pretty even, tho we eventually prevailed, chasing off the two KDF.
    Then they leave, and no one else shows up for the next hour... I got bored so before I logged off, I checked the PvP queues to see if I could hit one more match before bed.
    2 ppl were waiting in the C&H queue the rest of the Queues were deadsville. 0 ppl waiting...

You guys werent kidding when you said many have stopped PvP'n.
    That's so sad.
    I used to get such a thrill battling with other really good opponents. PvP'n was the only time I felt under pressure playing STO.
    (Maybe I came on too late - was 10 pm Atlantic time).

Do you think ppl have stepped away from ker'rat until their ships are upgraded ?
    I know I wasnt going to pvp until my ship had met my expectations...

Hopefully the ppl I used to see there are still around, maybe I picked a bad time of night, but last year no matter the time there was always some ppl around.
    I felt a little lonely flying around all by myself.

_

Maybe it's a matter of timezones or it's a matter of levels ( 50-60 and 60+) but my experience has been different.
    Actually I've never played so much pvp since the heyday of Vanilla Pvp.
    It all started someday when I got bored of grinding Argala and repeating ISA over 9000 times, so I queued up for C&H ... 5-10 minutes later I was in without even knowing how you do C&H lol
    In the next days, I picked up my fed Romulan pvp toon, I devised a way of combat, I equipped a T5 Scimitar with "well, let's see what we have here" gear ( and even the free scorpion fighters) and again C&H, one alone and one with a fleetie.
    Later, NandosPC joined me with the previous fleetie and we hit arena ( 5 minutes in ) and from there I and Nando went to Kerrat at around 9-10pm UK time I guess? and there were some people there ...
    Sadly...no more ganking and teasing times at Ker'rat...:(

No evuls no party...damn...:mad:

... and we gave a lesson to the EVUL Queen Scora on her EVUL tanker****a Vo'Quv ( killed twice ) :D

Today ... the unexpected : guys from the DPS PvE channel organizing a private pvp match for fun with their DPS boats ... I jumped in and had some matches.
    Sure PvP is dying? Maybe the grinding boredom is giving new life to it lol
    P58WJe7.jpg

• atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well Ker'rat is dead, it's semi dead. the KDF can scan all the nodes and kill repair hulks... We can do that many times in a row.
    Ohh...good news, then...but please, be gentle with Queen Scora...

She is soooo pretty!

Thank you, but I like it rough. Hit me full force... Fast and hard. Umm, I'm talking about SPACE COMBAT by the way... Yes, space combat... It's how the Feed Back Pulse kills. If you hit too soft and go too slow-- you wont die :(
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited November 2014
    Eh, Kerrat isn't completely dead. I've caught a good few fights since DR. Even seeing some new names show up, now that some of the unpleasant regulars aren't showing up anymore to wreck everyone's fun ;)
    I AM WAR.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    still ngh klinks to rumble with in kerrat. it's gettin unfun when u are like almost the only fed and 2 faeht's start to cover your way with one ionic after the other lol :(. they really need to remove the disable part on it imo (using it myself btw)!
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    atlantra wrote: »
    Well Ker'rat is dead, it's semi dead. the KDF can scan all the nodes and kill repair hulks... We can do that many times in a row.

Thank you, but I like it rough. Hit me full force... Fast and hard. Umm, I'm talking about SPACE COMBAT by the way... Yes, space combat... It's how the Feed Back Pulse kills. If you hit too soft and go too slow-- you wont die :(

So this is queen scora ! I remember her well :D an honourable warrior.
    Weren't you running a drain build for a while scora ?

Anyway, nice to see some familiar avatars in here. Ill try to fly by Ker'rat, during more prime time hours. I was just surprised that it was so quiet.

I suppose many are nearing acceptable upgrade levels on the equipment, So hopefully pvp will pick up in a few weeks.

**AND, I did experience the tray lockup disable, was brutal, I couldn't do anything, everything went grey, then I got peppered with dhc fire and I went supernova. I can see why spamming this skill would frustrate some pvp'ers(I felt pretty helpless). But it just happened once to me. So ill have to see on a busier day, how much this skill is being abused :)
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • vipercgvipercg Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So this is queen scora ! I remember her well :D an honourable warrior.
    Weren't you running a drain build for a while scora ?

Anyway, nice to see some familiar avatars in here. Ill try to fly by Ker'rat, during more prime time hours. I was just surprised that it was so quiet.

I suppose many are nearing acceptable upgrade levels on the equipment, So hopefully pvp will pick up in a few weeks.

**AND, I did experience the tray lockup disable, was brutal, I couldn't do anything, everything went grey, then I got peppered with dhc fire and I went supernova. I can see why spamming this skill would frustrate some pvp'ers(I felt pretty helpless). But it just happened once to me. So ill have to see on a busier day, how much this skill is being abused :)

Yeah.. Wait till you have 2 Intel ships attacking you... perma tray lockout. And the Scryer is getting buffed, it's now going to straight up wreak even more havoc.

Here is the Scryer as is. wait till buff... ->> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akBp0ji8dKc#t=220
    edited November 2014
    Had more time in Ker'rat, and yup the disables are a horrible blight on pvp
    The only time i saw an opponent was when they decloaked behind me, disable the TRIBBLE out of my ship, fire some torps, line up crf, and I die.
    That's REAL fun cryptic. I couldn't DO ANYTHING, while scallywag loaded up on me.
    Then slinked back to his cloak after I was dead...
    Only to repeat the exact same thing moments later.

Well all I can say is you guys were right, Intel skills are BROKEN.

But i guess if I can't even have a CHANCE to fight back, ill just equip my scryer with a cheese ball line up of disable Intel skills.
    If you can't beat the cheeseballs, join em.

Then we can ALL STAY CLOAKED 24/7 in Ker'rat, HOORAY, NO ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO FIND ONE ANOTHER CAUSE WE'LL ALL BE CLOAKED 24/7 waiting for some poor sap to show up uncloaked, so We can decloak/flank/disable then into oblivion !!!
    Hooray Cryptic, best decision you've ever made for pvp !!

So frustrated right now. Pvp used to be my favorite part of sto.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Feedback pulse, and kinetic resistance are your best friends in Kerrat.
    I AM WAR.
    edited November 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    Feedback pulse, and kinetic resistance are your best friends in Kerrat.

That I know, and I have a Vesta with a great fbp.
    but if you can't use any skills, what can you do ?
    The skill tray is completely greyed out.

So your not moving -Def
    Can't use any skills for like 10 secs !! -help!
    Getting debuffed heavily -50 all res
    All while your opponent is getting a flank and decloak bonus. And has all the time in the world to lineup a Torp skill and crf
    Its the worst thing I've seen to date.

Fbp/kinetic res is not going to help.
    And from what I've gathered you need Intel team to clear this monster disable. But that requires....you guessed it, a T6 Intel ship.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Sounds like you could use some points in inertial damps. That's how you resist disable.
    I AM WAR.
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ohh...good news, then...but please, be gentle with Queen Scora...

She is soooo pretty!:D

WHAT??? my TRIBBLE looks better !!! and ive compared the pictures!!!
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    Sounds like you could use some points in inertial damps. That's how you resist disable.

Dampers, all [immune to disable] powers don't affect the new disables DR introduced at all. They bypass all your immunities and resistances to disable. So yeah, that's not a solution, son.
  • omgrandalthoromgrandalthor Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The only pew i get is the random 1vs1 ask in opvp here and there! Thank you all for letting me blow up your ships :P

Gives me something to do between kazon curb stomping. Going to take me a year to level up my TRIBBLE :(
  • giotarizgiotariz Member Posts: 652 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Got into Kerrat just4LOLZ on my Mk XII xindi/scort without full gear with a couple fleet mates, realized two things:
    -how easy it is to survive / troll a vaper
    -how broken ionic turbulence on a vaper is.

still, had some fun encounters...until my ship's torpedoes critted 30k on a poor escaping vaper.

AND I DON'T HAVE TORPEDOES.

(no, wasn't fleet support, had it on cd)
    Sad Pandas PvP - Starfleet Dental Member - Lag Industries Leader
    --

"What a time it was, with all the world against us, what a time it was... When all we did seemed wrong,
    we've broken all our bonds, but life kept going on, what a time, what a time it was..." - Clem Tholet
    --
    Operation Dingo 1977