test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Burn Club 47 down It just feels Right

revrunnorris42revrunnorris42 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
SO the fed get a new club and yet the KDFs are not allowed to get a club "Orion Club"[Strip club] I fell the Devs need to do some data mining and see how many fed star bases have done the dance floor 200K dil mission and how many KDF have done the "strip club" 200K dil mission.

Please post your advise it will be welcome!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by revrunnorris42 on

Comments

• Options
    vegie0vegie0 Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree with destroying it. I hate the prospect that developer time was wasted making a useless... Litterally useless item that makes no money for them, nor serves any purpose to us. Other then to attract some of the Weird away from Drozana dance tables...

So not only do I agree with destroying that horrible thing, with fire... I think we should all play the mission where ESD is destroyed again. Just because it now symbalizes destroying what could be the biggest waste ever.

Good Job Cryptic, you made something NOBODY wants... should you fix the Buff bar bug? No, give them a dance club...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Romulans don't dance

...well... they're no friends of mine
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So you're angry the devs are wasting time on a club(which BTW they didn't since TACO don't fix bugs), and now want them to waste time taking it out, make up your mind man

I leave you with this song http://youtu.be/bMOzvxQHywM?t=29s
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    So to the post neoakiraii it has begun,

I look forward to your response http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQBzVlBzW8o

but in the mean time count how many people enjoy the club. Wait numbers do go above 10 i hope you are doing well neoakiraii.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    So you're angry the devs are wasting time on a club(which BTW they didn't since TACO don't fix bugs), and now want them to waste time taking it out, make up your mind man

I leave you with this song http://youtu.be/bMOzvxQHywM?t=29s

So you are defending this, and yes Taco deals with art... like ship art... or station art. Maybe for new missions? Or a dance club. Should they remove it? I dont care, i hate that place almost as much as i hate watching people dance on tables at Drozana, place is weird enough.

But now there are people like your, that do not understand, they dont copy paste images into a game... they make code, assign objects, do all sorts of things to make the NPCs work. So instead of a better ship interior, or better ship models, i get to see NPCs dancing in a club that nobody goes to. I only wish that as a Klingon i could glitch into ESD again, so i could kill Admiral Quinn, then atleast i would laugh if he respawned there and danced. Good times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fuglassfuglass Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    SO the fed get a new club and yet the KDFs are not allowed to get a club "Orion Club"[Strip club] I fell the Devs need to do some data mining and see how many fed star bases have done the dance floor 200K dil mission and how many KDF have done the "strip club" 200K dil mission.

Please post your advise it will be welcome!!!!
    vegie0 wrote: »
    I agree with destroying it. I hate the prospect that developer time was wasted making a useless... Litterally useless item that makes no money for them, nor serves any purpose to us. Other then to attract some of the Weird away from Drozana dance tables...

So not only do I agree with destroying that horrible thing, with fire... I think we should all play the mission where ESD is destroyed again. Just because it now symbalizes destroying what could be the biggest waste ever.

Good Job Cryptic, you made something NOBODY wants... should you fix the Buff bar bug? No, give them a dance club...

I think your attacking the wrong person, Tacofangs is an artist not a coder. Therefore he's not responsible for the mess that DR is. Furthermore for all any of us knows he working on something for the KDF.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think setting Club 47 on fire would be a bad idea considering ESD is out in space.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The ESD wouldn't be complete without a Club 47. Lots of players' days in MMOs comprise of heavy adventuring followed by celebrating in a bar. Cryptic should be making more content that "makes no money for them" since lots of players are getting sick and tired of monetizing everything.
  • Options
    rsoblivionrsoblivion Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I appreciate Tacofang's work, mostly because he's unafraid to engage the players ingame and on the forum too.

Don't bash his work for the sake of bashing it, just like everyone else he can feel, words can cut deep.

His work didn't distract from bug fixing, it didn't distract from content addition and it certainly doesn't require reactions like this.

Take your pitchforks and stick them up your collective arses as it's this is one battle those who are against are completely wrong.
    Chris Robert's on SC:
    "You don't have to do something again and again and again repetitive that doesn't have much challange, that's just a general good gameplay thing."
  • Options
    rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is there anything -- anything at all -- you people won't complain about? If I were a dev working on STO, I'd have a very hard time taking anything said by this community to heart because everything -- everything -- is complained about in the most dramatic manner possible. So cynical and absurd.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    You guys clearly cant read. So let me make it clearer. Do i care what Club 47 looks like? nope... i like my romulan ships, my fed ships, my klink ships.... art work is pretty.

Wasting the time of that artwork and related Coding... which is required to make Club 47. Is just wrong... its terrible, there are bugs that make the game irritating to those that play, you could have people figuring that out, and have him making new ships, new areas, new things the playerbase cares about. But no,

We now cater to the Role Players only, since they apparently got sick of having to go ALL the WAY to Drozana to have a beer in game. wow, i have played for a long time, most people i have ever seen in Club 47 was when Q was there, other then that there is an average of 1 person in there. People used to just run past it.... seriously... its like fixing the one thing nobody complained about being gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    rsoblivion wrote: »
    I appreciate Tacofang's work, mostly because he's unafraid to engage the players ingame and on the forum too.

Don't bash his work for the sake of bashing it, just like everyone else he can feel, words can cut deep.

His work didn't distract from bug fixing, it didn't distract from content addition and it certainly doesn't require reactions like this.

Take your pitchforks and stick them up your collective arses as it's this is one battle those who are against are completely wrong.

Please do not miss understand my statement Tacofang's does a good job but we must focus his talents on things people care about (how many people wanted club 69 show proof) [PS club 69 is an insult to you feds because i know its 47] and a club no one goes to and does not dance at where as if he were to put his talents for the KDF "stip club" i am sure he could come up with something excellent and people would attend. Do not under estimate the KDF side, you all think we are small but we are a devoted group that as been here and stuck around since the beginning were we see the new feds come in and destroy what fun the game has become by say it is to hard "my ****** is hemorrhaging". ENJOY :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Back when I rolled KDF, I'd cringe whenever a thread like this would pop up...wishing the person would just roll Fed and leave the KDF alone without all the foofoo nonsense. Hell, rolling KDF at the time was in response to a bunch of the Fed foofoo nonsense.
  • Options
    tiro100tiro100 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Something people don't seem to get is that Cryptic isn't just one person. There are different people with different specializations. Taco is an artist. His work on Club 47 didn't contribute to the continued existence of bugs. Even as he gave his free time to work on Club 47, other developers at Cryptic continued to work on other aspects of the game. So the next time someone works tirelessly to give us something nice, instead of questioning the priorities of the company, how about instead we simply say "thank you."
    Playing STO on and off since January 2nd, 2011!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    tiro100 wrote: »
    Something people don't seem to get is that Cryptic isn't just one person. There are different people with different specializations. Taco is an artist. His work on Club 47 didn't contribute to the continued existence of bugs. Even as he gave his free time to work on Club 47, other developers at Cryptic continued to work on other aspects of the game. So the next time someone works tirelessly to give us something nice, instead of questioning the priorities of the company, how about instead we simply say "thank you."

How about No Thank You. Didnt not want, I am aloud to voice my opinion same as you. I will not be dancing in Club Whatever... I will run past it on the way to the exchange or wherever my buisness takes me. You can dance in weird ways while watching me run past you doing the Face Palm emote.

Death to Nelix!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.