New Material Screenshots

cosmicsunwindcosmicsunwind Member Posts: 78 Arc User
Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser
Standard for comparison

Tholian Recluse
Standard for comparison

Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier
Standard for comparison

I'm glad that non-main faction ships have finally got another material.

Personally, I don't really like it, but I'm hoping this means it might be possible to get all of the standard materials that main faction ships can use for them, for example customizing a Deep Space Sci ship shows 5 or 6 different Fed-style materials, who wouldn't like to be able to use those on their other ships that only have 2-3 materials?

More customization is always good, right?

I mean, I'm a Federation Captain, so it would be nice if my JHDC looked like a Federation vessel by using one of the standard Fed materials on it - Klingons could use their faction-specific materials on all of their non-faction ships too, of course, and Roms whatever faction they are aligned to etc
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by cosmicsunwind on

Comments

• coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cosmicsunwind your banner picture isn't that from PSONE game called STAR TREK INVASION on USS Typhon. I had own that game for my PSONE and played it always. It was fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As long as the Temporal destroyer looks good with this new material id be happy. Im probably the only one who cant stand the normal options on it :P
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    cosmicsunwind your banner picture isn't that from PSONE game called STAR TREK INVASION on USS Typhon. I had own that game for my PSONE and played it always. It was fun!

It's the new carrier in the Star Trek Armada 3 mod for Sins of a Solar Empire. Part of the new expansion that's being released next month.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-armada-3
  • ecotec1983ecotec1983 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Looked at the Upgrade skin for the Contortrix a few moments ago, something seems a bit off. Just puts a few pieces of plating on the ship in a rather unusual random pattern that looks almost like some of the skin is being cut off. Not to mention in space the edges of the new texture seem to get wavy/clippy when you move the camera. Anyone else with the same ship think the texture is broken?
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's the new carrier in the Star Trek Armada 3 mod for Sins of a Solar Empire. Part of the new expansion that's being released next month.

The star trek online devs could learn a few things from Modders, at this stage the game would do better in the hands of modders. We saw great things on older titles from modders.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dude you should see that undine and elachi ships! I mean damn they are sexy.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • atlasmk7atlasmk7 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2014

It's is originally from ST:Invasion, I played the heck out of that game. I played that Armada 3 mod too, and was amazed at how much they ripped off of STO to make it. It's still a great mod though.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dyson and Obelisk both get a dark purple tint to their default material skin. Looks great with a white pattern.

Fed ships get a dark purple skin.

Rom ships get a dark green skin.

Fed Temporals get a crappy shiny gray skin with highly visible spot clusters.

Tal Shiar gets a lighter reflective gray skin.