test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When are specific R&D DOffs required?

royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Does the system require R&D doffs for any R&D assignment, or only the higher level ones? For instance, crafting the tech upgrades says it needs a "Research Lab" DOff - will any Research Lab doff work?
"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
--Red Annorax
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, any RLS will do (higher quality is naturally preferable). The unique R&D doffs are just for those special items (Omni Beams, etc.).

Generator
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks much! :)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, you can use the Research Lab Doffs to do anything and if you look on the exchange they are going to for one heck of a price and myself i have been hording them and leveling them and selling them as i dont per se need them. As for the Doff specific traits, i have not seen that added to the doffs, it used to show up but no longer does. As for the specific R&D Doffs they are all locked, again why are they locked? Ridiculous.
    edited November 2014
    westmetals wrote: »
    They're not locked. And they show as a separate category on the DOFF's details screen, which makes them not show up in the small DOFF descriptions.

Best way to find them is to cross-reference from the wiki Research and Development page, which lists them all by name.

Hmmmm, ill look at that. Perhaps i am thinking of the R&D doffs that you can obtain down at the academy?
    edited November 2014
    That is in fact the primary source I've been using. The personnel officer "Request R&D Assistance" assignment (the one at the bottom of the list that costs 1000 dil) has a chance of issuing you R&D School trait doffs, as well as components and materials. Well worth it; I've gotten a few purple components this way as well, and just yesterday got my third Gumarre (the blue doff with R&D School: Aegis).

Hmmmm, interesting but they are locked are they not?
    edited November 2014
    No, they only become locked to character if you equip them as active duty. Just like any other DOFF.

Hmmmm, interesting in part that when i first picked them up they came all with a lock on them, they had never been equip. Perhaps it was a bug sometime ago, it is why i have stayed away from them, but ill look into it.