test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Faeht Build help

adzcriz1adzcriz1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Romulan Discussion
I've thrown This build together taking some tips from Mugatsu and focus on stacking buffs. hits fairly hard.

Usual sequence is TT APB SS3 and then cycle APO TT and SS1 and keeping them on cooldown.

I have GW1 with CSV which i find useful for clearing packs usually in MIN atm,

Have Technician doffs. I focus mainly on being single target with an aoe option on hand.

Oh and on that link you will find current traits etc all used. turns quick and im usually at full speed for my defence

my crit is at 27% so far

Thoughts/advice etc always welcome

EDIT Revised the build: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=agronfaeht2_0

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by adzcriz1 on

Comments

• annahannah Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I made some comparisons between surgical strikes and cannon: rapid fire, and rapid fire is much much better for damage. Sure you won't see as high numbers, but it'll do much more of em instead. And CSV is even better than rapid fire usually.

What i've done on my faeth is use two sets of Override Subsystem Safties instead. Rapid fire with energy up at 160+ is hellishly brutal and does a ton of damage.

I also have valdore console, two copies of APB and Agent nerul doff, nice survival too!
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Isn't SS still bugged for some weapons? I think it still turns all DHCs types into phasers when used.
    edited November 2014
    Isn't SS still bugged for some weapons? I think it still turns all DHCs types into phasers when used.

It was only for crafted weapons, and it's been fixed now.

Some people saying its bugged for DHCs, somehow. But i dunno about that, when i tried it, it gave me acc and crit. But underperformed copiously vs CRF/CSV.
  • sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    annah wrote: »

Some people saying its bugged for DHCs, somehow. But i dunno about that, when i tried it, it gave me acc and crit. But underperformed copiously vs CRF/CSV.

It is bugged. It only does phaser damage and only phasers REALLY benefit from SS.

BTW. don't use embassy (Pla) consoles to boost plasma weapons especially romulan plasma weapons. Never worked correctly.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sharxtreme wrote: »
    It is bugged. It only does phaser damage and only phasers REALLY benefit from SS.

BTW. don't use embassy (Pla) consoles to boost plasma weapons especially romulan plasma weapons. Never worked correctly.

Cannons of all types are bugged for SS. As noted they are all treated as doing phaser damage, so your Tac consoles become useless. Unless you're running phaser cannons. Then your fine.

Beams are fine.

Experimental Proton weapon...is treated as a phaser cannon. Certainly not intentional.

Cheers.
  • adzcriz1adzcriz1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ive made a few changes, ive switched SS1 and SS2 for CRF2 and CRF3 as i felt SS was under performing. ive also got rid of CSV and put Ionic Turbulance in its place which increases damage target takes, useful in concert with GW1 and larger targets. ive also switched out APO1 and replaced with APB2 to keep the beta debuff up.

Im easily getting over 10k consistant dps in ISA, but bear in mind i tend towards spiking more, and easily spike over 20k when fully buffed and decloaking on a target.

Im not build for consistant dps, but rather unloading on a target and burning them down with spike damage before using my battle cloak buff again.

its solidly single target and nails most npc's in a single pass. helishly agile, i get 54 degrees i think it is a second at full throttle.

as for the embassy console its just there til i can put something better in its place

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=agronfaeht2_0

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That second build is by far better. I would still suggest CSV instead of CRF and use 2x CSV I + 2x Beta II and up the ionic to commander slot.
    With the engi/science slots Im still experimenting too
  • adzcriz1adzcriz1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That second build is by far better. I would still suggest CSV instead of CRF and use 2x CSV I + 2x Beta II and up the ionic to commander slot.
    With the engi/science slots Im still experimenting too

in my experience, with 28k hull, wanton AOE spam is suicidal in advances and elites, unless youre a cruiser, the Faeht explodes if the borg so much as sneeze at it, i find single target for more congenial to my survival, using hit and runa nd making full use of my battle cloak buff

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    CSV is not what i would call wanton AOE spam.

It will hit three targets in a 90 degree cone infront of the ship (yes, csv makes dhcs fire in 90 degree arc, and also narrows turrets to same arc)

Its concentrated fire on three targets, and it boosts damage with 15% for rank 1. compared to CRF which is 30% more dmg on one target. So CSV is just much better when you have more than 1 target to hit.

Its not like FAW where each weapon hits its own targets at random. Every single cannon on your ship will fire on the same three targets.
  • umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    annah wrote: »

FYI My ROM Rep DHC still show "Phaser Damage" when SS is active.
    Bug has already been submitted but we all know how that is.

I swapped to OSS and Transport Warhead (Great on things like the borg command cube that has almost constant shields.)
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
  • ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    adzcriz1 wrote: »

I see your build has no way to constantly cycle EPTS to keep the shield damage resistances up full-time. Why not use 3 damage control engineers and cycle EPTS1 and EPTW2 instead of ET1 and EPTS2? That way, you get constant shield damage resistance and the weapon power buff too?
    edited November 2014
    SS Phaser dmg bug is in current patch notes (11/20). But couldnt test that yet.

The Faiht seems quite squishy, that sadly true. I hope with higher power levels on shield and a better shield that gets better, but my rommy is still leveling reputation so it will take some more days...
  • umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    SS Phaser dmg bug is in current patch notes (11/20). But couldnt test that yet.

The Faiht seems quite squishy, that sadly true. I hope with higher power levels on shield and a better shield that gets better, but my rommy is still leveling reputation so it will take some more days...

I've noticed it too which is why I went two levels of "Attack Pattern Expertise" then respec'ed my ENG (That uses it) into Attack Patterns. It seems to help tremendously since I have two copies of APB. I also use a Resilient shield (KHG) to help reduce the bleed through.
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
    edited November 2014
    Resillient shield is good, but the maco or adapted khg interfere with plasmonic leech (or had done at least) resetting each others power stacks.