test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Intrepid Class Interiors

Comments

• bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jshephard wrote: »
    So true, but what about the shuttlebay with the Delta Flyer in it?

That will be installed Tuesday. ;)
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    I would like to point that there was no 2371 Mess Hall, it was the Captain's Private Mess.

No, that's incorrect.

At it's launch Voyager had a mess hall with a Captain's mess next to it. Neelix turned the private mess into the kitchen and opened it up to the mess hall. Removing the wall of replicators that separated them.
  • castiuscastius Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So in the news it says that the DS9 Defiant has its own interior aswell, well i have the Defiant but it does not have the original interior or is the original interior for the Defiant the old Defiant bridge pack?
  • captainleavittcaptainleavitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    castius wrote: »
    So in the news it says that the DS9 Defiant has its own interior aswell, well i have the Defiant but it does not have the original interior or is the original interior for the Defiant the old Defiant bridge pack?

The defiant doesn't come with the canon defiant interior. If you want the canon interior then you have to buy the ds9 pack, (not the kdf ds9 pack). Should cost 2500 zen.
  • zuigje010zuigje010 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The upcoming Intrepid ship is full of opportunities, including an expansive set of interiors from both the 2371 Intrepid and the 2410 Voyager! Check out the huge variety you can explore here!

Take a look at some of the rooms you can explore in our latest blog.

~LaughingTrendy

I already have an Intrepid and used a ship upgrade.
    Does my current Voyager ship gets upgraded to this T6 ship or do I get a special token.
    I will feel cheated and peed on as a customer if I am stuck with an obsolete ship.
    If you already told us before DR you were planning
    this I wouldn't have spend money to get the Voyager ship before DR and wouldn't have upgraded.

So Trendy am I screwed by Cryptic and Perfectworld yet again or can we upgrade our current ship to this T6 version?

Or you just going to ignore us customers yet again?

Hope for a reply soon cuz I am really starting to loose my temper with you guys.
  • zuigje010zuigje010 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Replies in red.

Was hoping for them to reply but thanks anyway, think I will quit the game just like many others are doing, this is just a joke cba to keep getting milked by these thiefs......

I know understand why people exploit the hell out of this game!
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Replies in red.

Can you remember the day, when you lost all the love you once had?
    Where has all you passion and positive attitude gone:(
    edited November 2014

You can carry on using your T5-U ship and just purchase the interior if you wish, there is nothing in this game that requires a T6 science ship, your current ship is fine.

If you do leave, can I haz yer stuff? ;)

I'm sorry but this is false. You cannot buy the interior without buying the whole pack or for a limited time by the tier 6 ship.
  • hillbrowhitmnhillbrowhitmn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No Tier 5 ship is upgradeable to T6, you can only get it to T5-U which you currently have.

Your ship is far from obsolete, a T5-U fleet Intrepid has more console slots than the T6 Intrepd for starters. If by obsolete you mean it's not the very latest design despite being as good or almost as good then yes it's obsolete, but as a player who is taking an NX01 from 50 to 60 with very little difficulty please don't think that your T5-U is obsolete, that is a nonsense statment.

Right so the fact that Voyager is a major part of the DR content, the fact that they stated they would release the full ship interior, the fact that many people have been talking about a T6 Intrepid didn't give you a clue? I have a fleet Intrepid and there's no way I would have upgraded it, to me and many others it was obvious a T6 version was coming. I agree it would have been fantastic of Cryptic to advise us that it would be here soon so it's not worth spending your upgrade token on, but that wouldn't make good business sense. Businesses know that people can't wait to get the next shiny, even if it's obsolete in a few weeks, it's up to you the paying customer to use some discretion, do some research and restrain yourself until you have all the facts, otherwise you're always going to go through life wasting money on the next shiny.

See above answer, no they didn't TRIBBLE you, you were impatient and didn't do your research.

Just because they don't answer you specifically or address your question in the manner in which you feel entitled does not mean they are ignoring you. There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of questions on these forums from people that don't get a specific answer, instead they are busy working on new content and fixing bugs, if you don't like it you don't have to buy it.

Yeah good luck with that.

You can carry on using your T5-U ship and just purchase the interior if you wish, there is nothing in this game that requires a T6 science ship, your current ship is fine.

If you do leave, can I haz yer stuff? ;)

Get back in your cave troll. Not all of us are forum nerds and read the Perfectworld website on a daily basis like you do! They could have announced something before DR was released. So what is next? The Galaxy Dreadnaught T6? Defiant T6? All ships T6? zuigje010 and reyan01 are absolutely right!
    edited November 2014
    I read the forums, the dev blogs, I play the game and converse with my fleet mates, I educate myself on what is happening in the game and absolutely if I am going to spend real money.

In your previous post you said "everyone was talking about" but there is not many reading the forums or checking the website like you do, this was a complete surprise to many as you could have read in the other forum posts when this T6 ship got introduced. The anger of so many players and all just got ignored by Cryptic and Perfectworld.
    It's still a rip off tho, many players bought the ship before DR got launched, bought fleet ship and upgraded it and now they come with this T6 version. It's just lame, all T5 version owners should get atleast a token to buy to get that ship to T6.
    DR has been nothing but trouble since it's launch I see my friends quitting the game on a daily basis!
    edited November 2014
    Is that confirmed, I must have missed that? Seems I don't spend enough time on the forums LOL.

Yes it is. It's listed on the blog when they announced the pathfinder. All the buying options are near the bottom of the blog. Here is a copy and paste.

Availability

This awesome new science vessel will be available in the C-Store in three packages:

Long Range Science Vessel [T6]
    Standard single ship
    Intrepid Pack
    Includes:
    Long Range Science Vessel Refit
    Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit
    Standard Intrepid Interior
    Season 7 Voyager Interior
    Long Range Science Vessel [T6] + Voyager Bridge Interiors (LIMITED TIME ONLY!)
    Includes:
    Standard Intrepid Interior
    Season 7 Voyager Interior

In addition to these three great options for purchasing the Pathfinder there will also be a $5 discount on every Pathfinder microtransaction from Thursday morning through Monday morning.

What I don't understand is why they can't sell us the interior by itself for 25 dollars. I don't want the pathfinder and I already own the c store ones.
  • luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    deltas6 wrote: »
    it wouldve been awesome if the design team had time to do the shuttle bay ;)

Make the shuttle bay generic with shuttle officer on the console; select the shuttle you want from your inventory and there it can appear on the launchpad :)
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The interior looks FANTASTIC!!! I'm glad I've been stockpiling my zen, because this is just the sort of thing I've been waiting for!
    I found this to be VERY exciting as well:
    "We really hope you enjoy the Intrepid interior, and you can look forward to us bringing you more iconic spaces in the future."

I'm going to hold you to that! Next up: Galaxy Class Interior, complete with battle bridge! :cool:
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
    edited November 2014
    Thank you, a much better response.

Well I run the SRS fleets, a group of four fleets with around 800 people in total. In our teamspeak every evening we chat about all aspects of the game. Since the day we saw the first screenshots of the Voyager interior and found out that Tuvok was going to be in Voyager for Delta Rising it was pretty much agreed by all that an upgraded "special" Intrepid was to be released.

I do agree as I said in a previous post, that it would have won a lot of hearts and minds for Cryptic if they had announced a T6 version was definite, however community communication is hardly their strongest point and it was therefore assumed by us (the fleet) that this would be coming, just a matter of when. We have many science Captains that run or have run fleet Intrepids and to my knowledge none have them have upgraded due to the suspicion that a T6 version would be on the cards.

At the end of the day it's not a fortune, an upgrade token is about £4 or $6, but the principle is what have a lot of people miffed and on this point I agree.

Nothing wrong with my previous reply to your post and ye like many others this feels like a scam to me and no love for those that already bought the T5 version especially those that bought 1, and the fleet version and upgraded it just before DR launched.
    Anyway this all doesn't apply on me I don't own a sci ship but I do feel for those that feel scammed by this. Anyway enough forum posting for me, seems like Cryptic and Perfectworld don't care so see you all later.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    I would like to point that there was no 2371 Mess Hall, it was the Captain's Private Mess.

Not quite. The area Neelix converted into the Kitchen, was the Captain's Private Mess. However, the dining room area was always there (as seen in Caretaker), and there was simply a wall of Replicators between the two rooms. (and no apparent door from one to the other)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivzei27ulem1ef4/Voyager_Mess_Hall_0091.jpg?dl=0

jshephard wrote: »
    So true, but what about the shuttlebay with the Delta Flyer in it?

Sorry, didn't have time for it, and it wasn't important enough in the DR story missions to prioritize it above other things.

Technically it's a redress of the Cargo Bay though, so some of it is already built.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Not quite. The area Neelix converted into the Kitchen, was the Captain's Private Mess. However, the dining room area was always there (as seen in Caretaker), and there was simply a wall of Replicators between the two rooms. (and no apparent door from one to the other)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivzei27ulem1ef4/Voyager_Mess_Hall_0091.jpg?dl=0

Sorry, didn't have time for it, and it wasn't important enough in the DR story missions to prioritize it above other things.

Technically it's a redress of the Cargo Bay though, so some of it is already built.

Should Voyager's shuttlebay be featured in the future, is there any chance that the Ship Interiors would be tweaked to include it as well?
  • krio09krio09 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    When are we going to be able to customers the layout of our interiors and get more practicality. e.g. setting course from with in the ship then chilling out in the mess hall, or viewing the map from astrometrics...

Its nice to have these cannon interiors (and by the way the original MASSIVE ones were ridiculous), but we need more things to do in them, I rarely visit my bridge... In some games you can customise your 'home space' and add things in as you want and make it unique for you.

The foundry would be perfect tool for doing these customisations, and I know all this was mentioned in the early days of the game...
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »

May I safely assume that access to the Small craft is from the transporter officer like on the the standard interior ?
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    These are very, very nice interiors. I can't wait to check them out in person once the server goes back up.

On a side note:
    During production for Voyager, the creation of a large number of sets were re-dresses of the TNG sets. Curved hallways were extended, the color scheme was changed, Engineering had walls and ceilings taken down and a second deck added, etc.

Making the Voyager interior was a good move by Cryptic, as a significant chunk of the Voyager interiors can be reused to make the TNG sets, if they so desired.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • pwesuricatapwesuricata Member Posts: 49 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    These are very, very nice interiors. I can't wait to check them out in person once the server goes back up.

On a side note:
    During production for Voyager, the creation of a large number of sets were re-dresses of the TNG sets. Curved hallways were extended, the color scheme was changed, Engineering had walls and ceilings taken down and a second deck added, etc.

Making the Voyager interior was a good move by Cryptic, as a significant chunk of the Voyager interiors can be reused to make the TNG sets, if they so desired.

It's actually even more fun than that. Many of the TNG sets were from the original TOS movies simply redressed, some of the TNG sets were also redressed for the TOS movies as well, such as engineering for the Ent-A. After TNG some were redressed for Voyager, although Voyager had many sets built from scratch, some of those sets were then redressed for the Enterprise-E. When DS9 ended most of the Defiant sets (including the bridge) were redressed for ENT. :-D
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    It's actually even more fun than that. Many of the TNG sets were from the original TOS movies simply redressed, some of the TNG sets were also redressed for the TOS movies as well, such as engineering for the Ent-A. After TNG some were redressed for Voyager, although Voyager had many sets built from scratch, some of those sets were then redressed for the Enterprise-E. When DS9 ended most of the Defiant sets (including the bridge) were redressed for ENT. :-D

You beat me to it haha! A keen eye will spot many of the sets across the shows and films are made up from pieces (if not just the whole set recoloured) of all the others. The sickbay set used on Voyager has been getting moved around for various ships and even parts of it used in other rooms since TMP.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Edit: Disregard
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm betting that they have not fixed the cup in the captain's ready room -- it still has no handle .

I'm also betting that the fisherprice buttons are still there on the console next to the warp core (the one you save the ship with in the DR first ep) .

... oh well , at least it's not as bad as the Belfast Bridge where you can't 2/3 of the viewscreen when you sit in the Captains chair ...
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The interior looks FANTASTIC!!! I'm glad I've been stockpiling my zen, because this is just the sort of thing I've been waiting for!
    I found this to be VERY exciting as well:
    "We really hope you enjoy the Intrepid interior, and you can look forward to us bringing you more iconic spaces in the future."

I'm going to hold you to that! Next up: Galaxy Class Interior, complete with battle bridge! :cool:

never mind found it : )
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• dauntless89dauntless89 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is this a bug or its just me but...I am unable to use any of the two intrepid bridges on my T5U intrepid. I've got the 3500 zen pack and so far the new bridge is available only for the t6 version. Other intrepids cant "mount" it.

So, is it restricted to intrepid t6 or thats just a glitch and must to be fixed?
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is this a bug or its just me but...I am unable to use any of the two intrepid bridges on my T5U intrepid. I've got the 3500 zen pack and so far the new bridge is available only for the t6 version. Other intrepids cant "mount" it.

So, is it restricted to intrepid t6 or thats just a glitch and must to be fixed?

Sounds like a glitch, since the regular Intrepid should normally have access to the normal bridges.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=20742701&postcount=374