What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

THE NX01 Challenge

Comments

• Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've done a couple and it's actually not come last, third place was the best, however I don't think the combat log tracker covers the whole map to be fair. Certainly had no problems running it, just requires more concentration, for example if I see my EPS 3 or RMC available in a few seconds I'd hang back on the FAW so as to use them together, makes a big difference.

Well I'm having a blast doing this and thanks for the great feedback, Decided to buy the little ship some shiny new CrtD x 2 ACC phasers and a locator to improve the damage from the PDS a little. Will try Argala again tomorrow and no doubt many times trying to fill the levelling gap between story missions and will report back the DPS as it improves.

Oh and the Metreon gives anything from a few hundred per tick to several thousand but nothing too high, I'll parse it tomorrow and check.

Night all.

That's awesome. I'll probably switch to my connie after the MUI event. I don't want to inconvenience other players
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nobody ever does this in the Oberth. Come on now, give the redshirt of starships some love.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    Nobody ever does this in the Oberth. Come on now, give the redshirt of starships some love.

I did a 1-50 run in an oberth. Also did a shuttle run for all content up to 50.
    This is a typical log:

Your Metreon Gas Ignition deals 2663 Plasma Damage to Benthan Guard Cruiser.

There are 18 ticks in each ignition so around 30-40K damage. Aux power settings around 50. This is about as low as it gets, a fully specced up ship could expect to see 10K a tick.

Sounds like something i could use on some kdf and rom builds.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    vfpfyasko1vfpfyasko1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    I did a 1-50 run in an oberth. Also did a shuttle run for all content up to 50.

Sounds like something i could use on some kdf and rom builds.

Now that would awesome to do, shuttle all the way to 50. But, i would welcome doing that with a group of people rather than on my own, not because i dont want to but for fun. So much lack of content when it comes to Shuttles.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Yeah good idea, I only did it with my fleet mates on TS, only one of them didn't want me to go and that was because I out damaged him last time LMAO!

My connie captain I semi-roll play as a TOS era crew that got stuck in 2410. Once I hit 50 I moved from my connie to a Oddy just to do endgame STF's and such. He's lvl 55 and completed the ship mastery on the Oddy.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    My TOS character completed the MUI and I switched him to the TOS Connie...I may switch to the exeter version for a little more survivability. I'll post a build when I can
    Your pain runs deep.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    New video from the challenge

NX01 v Vaadwaur Assault Cruiser

http://youtu.be/5BmCYepKRgA

awesome job...one of my big fears going into the rest of the Delta Quad in a connie is meeting one of those VACs
    Your pain runs deep.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    New video from the challenge

NX01 v Vaadwaur Assault Cruiser

http://youtu.be/5BmCYepKRgA
    Stop it! You are making everyone else look bad now. :D

But now you have me planning a T1 night for my Fleet in the Delta Quadrant. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Here is what I am currently rolling in.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=tos_0

I have the Solanae shield equipped but I am working on the Maco shield

I went the extra mile and outfitted my character and BO's in the TOS uniforms and phasers
    Your pain runs deep.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm tempted to try this in a shuttle/runabout.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Nice. Best bet is to keep those shields up as with a tiny hull it hardly matters what hits you, you're gonna die real fast, so go for Sci team rather than hazard emitters, DQ bad guys are not heavy on DoT but are heavy on Sci attacks and torps/mines.

As long as you balance your shields when you fire you don't need tac team, try FAW for tons more damage or TS1 for 100% acc torp damage.

Empty those engineering consoles and add in at least one neutronium, you could go for more damage by using Spatial charges (from the exchange) as I do.

You'll need several loadouts, with Vaadwaur spamming tric mines FAW is great, but with the bigger ships you want something to take down the hull, that's where spatial charges comes in, but you really want to couple that with gravimetric torp as the rifts slow them down.

Seen several people having a go at this recently, it adds a big challenge to the game for sure and makes elite seem like childs play. Currently I'm struggling with the Voth Bulwark that the Doctor orders up to convince the Hierarchy to join us, that thing was always tough, even in a T6 ship, I honestly don't think I can take it down, but I have a few ideas.

Thanks for the advice
    Your pain runs deep.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Just ran a patrol in the Connie...whoa...that was rough...I may switch to the Exeter just to have a bit more survivability
    Your pain runs deep.
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As an NX fan, this thread pleases me greatly. Well done on making it!

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Hmmmm, interesting build. I wish we could all join up and play together in our NX's. Also, some of those items, i am not familiar with. Granted i am a casual player as well, work to much.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey how about this you go through leveling in ONLY a Runabout.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    The used to be a guy on the forum who took a Peregrine from 1 to 50. I do not know if he is still around to do 50-60.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    westx211 wrote: »

Or a Tuffli ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Indeed that would be fun. I managed a 6K DPS run in Argala yesterday which is higher than I've seen some other guys do in T5 ships, what would be really nice is if there was a way to add more console slots and boff stations to the lower tier ships, not going all the wya to T5 but perhaps T3?

I agree with that, i wish that the lower ships had the ability to be expanded in such a way as i don't necessarily care for the higher tier ships and would welcome sticking with a saber, nova etc.

As you mentioned it would be fun indeed, that is an amazing number.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Actually like this idea, I was wondering about the role for my new Talaxian and that sounds great.
    Freighters also have 5 device slots, I can think of 4 things other than batteries that you can use in them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg