test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voyager gets all the love!!

adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Why is it Voyager gets all these extra interior locations and all any other ship gets is a bridge? I guess the next question would be, is this only limited to Intrepid class ships?

Of course I guess this was just an easy way of adding a bit more profit as I'm sure they took most of the code for this from the DR episodes on Voyager. Why make new content when they just rehash old content?

/facepalm
Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by adorenko on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Because Delta Rising centers on the Delta Quadrant. And which hero ship was central in exploring the Delta Quadrant? Voyager.

We might be able to put the new interior on any ship, like we can the TOS Connie and Defiant (Belfast) bridge.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have a pretty nice interior called "Belfast"... Looks just like the Defiant (slightly over scale, but not by much).
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Expansion is about the Delta Quadrant and the Voyager. If people had voted for the Gamma Quadrant you would probably be making the same post asking why the Defiant gets all the love.

No matter what they do there is going to be someone who is happy and someone else who feels their favorite thing should be getting the perks instead of this. That is just the way it is.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    DR is already old content?
    GwaoHAD.png
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i know its insane, why didn't they focus on the federation starship that actually explored the Delta Quadrant in the first place. :rolleyes:
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    DR is already old content?

Yup... On the internet, things are only new for the first week... I assumed you knew this?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The Expansion is about the Delta Quadrant and the Voyager. If people had voted for the Gamma Quadrant you would probably be making the same post asking why the Defiant gets all the love.

No matter what they do there is going to be someone who is happy and someone else who feels their favorite thing should be getting the perks instead of this. That is just the way it is.

And the Defiant actually got some love with the 2800 story arc, recieving both a detailed custom Interior and several model tweaks.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Hirogen bridge has a few doors that need to go somewhere. :(
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And the Voth and Tholian bridges as well. The former looks like it could use a military base interior, the latter just needs an interior to make up for how empty it is. In fact, the Tholian bridge needs at least two more half-hex consoles popping up from the floor for two more officers to man.
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

The Voyager bridge and additional interiors are fine, the problem is that no other ships get expansive layouts all but a few others.
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Yup... On the internet, things are only new for the first week... I assumed you knew this?

If a digital minute can feel like an hour, imagine what a month can feel like lol :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited November 2014

...And never will; modeling stuff, texturing it, and adding certain collision areas if needed, then plugging in VFX and even sound zones, takes a bit of time. Unless there's a really amazing reason for a full Hirogen interior, that's not gonna happen.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    adorenko wrote: »
    The Voyager bridge and additional interiors are fine, the problem is that no other ships get expansive layouts all but a few others.
    It does not matter what ship you choose to make an issue of. It still comes down to the same thing: someone else's favorite ship got the perks instead of mine.

The new Voyager needed a more classic interior. They had the interiors because part of the Expansion is set aboard that ship. That is really all there is to it.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Remastering Iconic ships... the things people have been begging for instead of original "inspired by" deisgns? Oh noes... not in MY Star Trek!
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
    edited November 2014
    mvp333 wrote: »
    ...And never will; modeling stuff, texturing it, and adding certain collision areas if needed, then plugging in VFX and even sound zones, takes a bit of time. Unless there's a really amazing reason for a full Hirogen interior, that's not gonna happen.

Then the doors should not be there, right? I mean, it's pretty straight forward...if you put a door in somebody will wonder what's on the other side. If it's just a wall, then it's just a wall.

The Hirogen bridge has five doors that go nowhere. Hell, you've got two hallways leading to two doors that go nowhere and then the big door that leads to three doors that go nowhere. If neither hallway existed or if the door that lead to the other doors did not exist...then it would just have been what it is...it would not have that incomplete feeling it has with all those doors going nowhere.
    edited November 2014
    Then the doors should not be there, right? I mean, it's pretty straight forward...if you put a door in somebody will wonder what's on the other side. If it's just a wall, then it's just a wall.

The Hirogen bridge has five doors that go nowhere. Hell, you've got two hallways leading to two doors that go nowhere and then the big door that leads to three doors that go nowhere. If neither hallway existed or if the door that lead to the other doors did not exist...then it would just have been what it is...it would not have that incomplete feeling it has with all those doors going nowhere.

I guess there should be no doors in Star Trek since most went nowhere :D:P;)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Remastering Iconic ships... the things people have been begging for instead of original "inspired by" deisgns? Oh noes... not in MY Star Trek!
    I still want Intel-exclusive Interiors. And more originals with original interiors (I forget if the Guardian or Odyssey has one).

I'll Buy them; they'll be more interesting than most of the bridge bundles.
    edited November 2014
    I guess there should be no doors in Star Trek since most went nowhere :D:P;)

One of the best canon representations of a Star Trek door exists on First City, when you beam down and are trying to leave the transporter area. Best canon representation that door...imho.

One of those let somebody else run into the door cause it fails to open sort of things. ;)
    edited November 2014
    I Imagine people just fell off the ship
    GwaoHAD.png
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    adorenko wrote: »
    Why is it Voyager gets all these extra interior locations and all any other ship gets is a bridge? I guess the next question would be, is this only limited to Intrepid class ships?

Of course I guess this was just an easy way of adding a bit more profit as I'm sure they took most of the code for this from the DR episodes on Voyager. Why make new content when they just rehash old content?

/facepalm

You mistake the direction of travel here.

We didn't build Voyager interiors for use by Player ships. We built the Voyager interior for various missions in Delta Rising, and since we had it built, we offer it for players to use.

rattler2 wrote: »
    Because Delta Rising centers on the Delta Quadrant. And which hero ship was central in exploring the Delta Quadrant? Voyager.

We might be able to put the new interior on any ship, like we can the TOS Connie and Defiant (Belfast) bridge.

Correct on both counts.

mvp333 wrote: »

Also correct.

Well, yes, if we make a door, people will want to know what's behind it. However, are you suggesting we make rooms with no doors? I think that would be much more disconcerting than having doors that don't open. Doors that don't go anywhere have been in video games for 30 years. We aren't doing anything different here.

As for the Hirogen Bridge, we build what was shown on screen. What was shown on screen included little hallways in the back, and a lobby area. What was beyond those on the ship? A warehouse that they shot Voyager in. Doors are important to make a place feel real. They are a quick addition that allow for future expansion. We will always include locked doors. Always.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    One of the best canon representations of a Star Trek door exists on First City, when you beam down and are trying to leave the transporter area. Best canon representation that door...imho.

One of those let somebody else run into the door cause it fails to open sort of things. ;)

With enough speed I believe all doors in STO (that have to open to let you pass) will be cause for headache. The First City door you describe is just one of the slowest (those leading to the Barracks are just as slow, btw).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2014

The Hirogen bridge has five doors that go nowhere.

Yah that was me when i first got my Narcine. When i get a new ship i usually hop on the bridge and run around a bit just to see what it looks like even though i dont RP or anything. You guys know how you get welcomed to Qonos when you first beam to the transporter room? then you get your ACTUAL welcome to Qonos when you bump your head on the transporter room door? that was the same feeling i got when i first got on the Narcine, but it was a lot worse. Welcome to your new ship! bumps head on one door...bumps head on another door...sees that all ready room and other consoles are right there in that one room...WAIT is this it?!

People will probably say that i'm being entitled or spoiled or whatever. But its simple observation, kinda hard to miss it. Even a turbolift door that leads to a single hallway would have been nice. With a door to the left side of the hall that goes to everyones quarters a door to the right that leads to the dining facility and a door at the end of the hall that goes to engineering and the transporters.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just wish they made this revamped intrepid useful for elite missions where it won't hold up against ships that have high tactical output.
  • cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »

We didn't build Voyager interiors for use by Player ships. We built the Voyager interior for various missions in Delta Rising, and since we had it built, we offer it for players to use.

Hi Taco,

thanks for giving us more info on this. Following your logic, would it not be possible to give the Adapted Tal'Shir ships full interiors then? As there is already a map made for a mission in the Romulan Arc?
    Cehus.png
    edited November 2014
    I just wish they made this revamped intrepid useful for elite missions where it won't hold up against ships that have high tactical output.

Partigens...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I Imagine people just fell off the ship
    It's like this. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • benben500benben500 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, it balances out with the lack of love for story in the actual show.

This is Voyager's expansion, which, similarly to the Defiant's/DS9's Arc, means that it deserves an oversized and occasionally incorrect interior, although not nearly as bad as the Defiant/Belfast.
    "Bloody explorers, ponce off to Mumbo Jumbo land, come home with a tropical disease, a suntan and a bag of brown lumpy things, and Bob's your uncle, everyone's got a picture of them in the lavatory."
    -Edmund Blackadder-
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014

lol

theres actually a bug on the flotilla that makes one of the doors vanish at a certain angle and all you see is space, reminded me of that you did :D
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok