test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Red alert: broken

purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
~0920 BST, 16/10/14, (so after the emergency patch).

Borg space red alert: Defara sector (is that the Orelius sector?).

We completed the kill the groups of Borg, and the final phase of the mission triggered. However the final boss did not show. The way point was in place, but there was no ship there. The rest of the team were in the correct place, including elevation and no one was able to see or hit the ship, there fore its not a local issue.
Post edited by purvee1 on

Comments

• militiamasterxmilitiamasterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I had this happen once before they dropped us for the x2 maintenances...and now after it I've run 2 different red alerts that have not spawned the final Unimatrix ship. I think they broke something...lol

Edit : Tested it in 3 different zones. Didn't spawn any time.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Have had this issue only once today. Defeated the 4 groups of Borg, cut scene triggers but the Unimatrix ship never 'warps' in. Kinda hard to beat the alert when the Borg no-show.

Perhaps the Borg couldn't afford the upgrades to T-5U and just decided to forfeit?
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is really frustrating. The difficulty is ampt up, so it takes way to long to get to the boss, so it's a huge waste of time for no payoff.
  • dinkydr2dinkydr2 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Same for me, three days in a row, each time no final Borg ship to fight. Get the xp but nothing else, I guess I should just be happy and just shut up...
    "We seee many thingss, We seee new machiness on IX,
    We seee a problemm withh House Atreideesss, We Seee a Problem withh Housse Harkonnenn"

Thank you, Frank Herbert!
  • catjarrettcatjarrett Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yup yup, me too.

We figured the Unimatrix ran away in terror from our awesomness. ;)
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This happened to me in Omega Leonis, and again in Regulus. And then I ran one in Alpha Trianguli, and the V'Ger was doing cartwheels.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • cjsniper1975cjsniper1975 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    catjarrett wrote: »
    Yup yup, me too.

We figured the Unimatrix ran away in terror from our awesomness. ;)

They don't like the new T6 Intel ships, the Borg are scared and running! :D
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Have had this issue only once today. Defeated the 4 groups of Borg, cut scene triggers but the Unimatrix ship never 'warps' in. Kinda hard to beat the alert when the Borg no-show.

Perhaps the Borg couldn't afford the upgrades to T-5U and just decided to forfeit?

Nahhh.. their just terrified of our shiny new T-6 Meme's.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    And then I ran one in Alpha Trianguli, and the V'Ger was doing cartwheels.

BWAHAHA! Now there's a funny image.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    For the third time this week a Unimatrix has failed to appear in the final stage of a Borg Red Alert. Orellius, Pi Canis, and now Omega Leonis. Normally the Unimatrix is visable after moving to the final stage map, but now there is an arrow pointing to a circle that turns out to be empty upon arrival.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's not even listed in the Patch Notes as a "known issue."
  • cjsniper1975cjsniper1975 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pacelli1 wrote: »
    It's not even listed in the Patch Notes as a "known issue."

Because it hinders players so isn't an issue to them, unlike the Tau Dawe situation which benefited players so had an immediate response and fix in emergency patch! :)

The Red Alert issue though is really annoying, used to enjoy those little distractions, and heard in some cases two Unimatrix vessel's appear which sounds fun and hope they'll eventually add Red Alerts of varying difficulty where there are two or three of them to fight!
  • georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yeap...happened to me too, twice in a raw...
    so, I guess it IS broken... :rolleyes:
    another bug in the wall.. :D
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    This is a known issue and we're working on a fix. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • robbert1980robbert1980 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Borg mothership does stil not spawn in the red alerts!
    When are thee gone fix the problem?
  • lordoffilinglordoffiling Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It is now May 4th and this is still broken. Where are we on a fix?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Also... the Borg Alert in Deferi Space is still setting the Borg at about -8 levels on a lv 60 player. All the others adjust the player's level allowing for XP gain, but Deferi space doesn't.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)