test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Corrosive Plasma Weapons have Incorrect Rank INVESTIGATING

mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
ticket ID #2,904,676

After a fleet mate was unable to find Corrosive Plasma weapons on the exchange tonight I did some troubleshooting and discovered the following:

1. On the exchange, change filter category to Ship Equipment -> Ship Weapons
2. Change Rank filter to Vice Admiral
3. Search for a Mk XII corrosive plasma weapon such as "corrosive plasma beam bank mk xii" without the quotes
4. Observe results
5. Change rank filter to Lieutenant
6. Repeat step 3

Actual result: Corrosive Plasma weapons that are listed as "Vice Admiral" in their weapon tooltip only appear on the exchange when the Rank filter is set to Lieutenant (or Any Rank).

Expected result: Corrosive Plasma weapons properly appear under the Vice Admiral rank filter.

Additional notes: This affects all corrosive plasma weapons, not just beam banks.

Joined January 2009
Finger wrote:
Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ticket ID #2,904,676

After a fleet mate was unable to find Corrosive Plasma weapons on the exchange tonight I did some troubleshooting and discovered the following:

1. On the exchange, change filter category to Ship Equipment -> Ship Weapons
    2. Change Rank filter to Vice Admiral
    3. Search for a Mk XII corrosive plasma weapon such as "corrosive plasma beam bank mk xii" without the quotes
    4. Observe results
    5. Change rank filter to Lieutenant
    6. Repeat step 3

Actual result: Corrosive Plasma weapons that are listed as "Vice Admiral" in their weapon tooltip only appear on the exchange when the Rank filter is set to Lieutenant (or Any Rank).

Expected result: Corrosive Plasma weapons properly appear under the Vice Admiral rank filter.

Additional notes: This affects all corrosive plasma weapons, not just beam banks.

I am not 100% sure on this but, I do believe they are not VA only ranked weaponry!

But, than again with so many broken things in this game, it wouldn't surprise me if this is true.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well if you look at their tooltips it states that they're VA. I've also seen some other VA-only level gear from certain loot tables and lockboxes and it does appear properly in the exchange under the VA rank when you filter for it, but the problem is that Cryptic cannot seem to decide if XII is supposed to be RAUH or VA because they are entirely inconsistent with setting some Mk XII gear as VA and other Mk XII gear as RAUH.

But I'm going on a tangent. :P In any case (and I forgot to mention it in my submitted bug report) Mk XII Corrosive Plasma weapons also do not appear under the RAUH, RALH, Admiral, or FA ranks on the exchange either, so regardless of what rank they're supposed to be, they only appear under the Lieutenant filter.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Issue verified with the Exchange search. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team