test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Intrepid Class Starship

Comments

• vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Okay, so here's a question.

If I buy the T6 Pathfinder, will the cool pathfinder skin be unlocked for my fleet intrepid upgraded to t5u to use?

Because THAT ship has three tac consoles..... and I really like the pathfinder skin.

Oh, and secondary deflectors, when are we gonna get em? Now that there's two new science ships that have em. Been using the Solanee one, but would like some choices, so that I may work on enhancing a build.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I find it hilarious, all the people in here screaming doom when in this very thread are plenty of people who have said they are going to buy the entire pack, solely for the bridge/interior. That it why it is being sold this way, and not on its own.

Then a few weeks/couple months down the road, once those sales slow, they'll announce the bridge/interior on its own, to sell to the people that were unwilling to buy the whole pack, and market it as giving the players everything they asked for.

Marketing department at work, pure and simple.
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited November 2014

If I buy the T6 Pathfinder, will the cool pathfinder skin be unlocked for my fleet intrepid upgraded to t5u to use?

Because THAT ship has three tac consoles..... and I really like the pathfinder skin.

Oh, and secondary deflectors, when are we gonna get em? Now that there's two new science ships that have em. Been using the Solanee one, but would like some choices, so that I may work on enhancing a build.

I can't confirm 100 percent, But the usual way it works is to unlock the Skin/costume parts for all vessel's of the same class/family

For example I own the Assault Cruiser Refit, the Fleet Assault Cruiser and the Mirror version of the skin

This Unlocks the Regent and Imperial parts as well as the Type 6 and Terran Hull Material for all the above ships should I choose to fly any of them ( Though of course I fly the Fleet Assault cruiser because it is the superior vessel)

As I said though, I can't say the Pathfinder will unlock for your T5-U LRSV with complete certainty, But I tell you with confidence it will likely be the case
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Yes.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited November 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    Holy ****, Cryptic, I know you don't (seem) to have a QA team, but you don't even have an Editor to pre-review your press/blog releases?!

It would have been ALOT easier to understand why you are calling the Intrepid a Pathfinder...because IT'S NOT THE SAME!

P.S. It's still subpar for a T6.

Pathfinder listed bridge seats....

Bridge Officer Stations:

1 Commander Science,
    1 Lieutenant Commander Science,

1 Lieutenant Intelligence/Engineering,
    1 Lieutenant Tactical,
    1 Lieutenant Universal

just not enough difference to interest me atm over the T5-U version although the saucer section looks nice in the pics

as a personal preference this would have worked better for me...

Bridge Officer Stations:

1 Commander Science,
    1 Lieutenant Commander Science,

1 Lieutenant Commander Intelligence/Universal
    1 Lieutenant Engineering
    1 Ensign Universal

I could live with the rest of the stats as shown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If only the player base was split into 6:2:2 ratios there might BE more Rom and KDF ships. I think its going to be up to the players to make more rom and kdf captains and BUY rom and kdf stuff to make them getting more ships a reality.

The problem is there is not enough KDF or Rom stuff to buy so thats why we can't buy anythiing rom or KDF looks like the alt factions are being left out as usual.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I've got to say that as much as I am a fan of the Intrepid class, I'm a bit disappointed with this.

First, too many versions. We have the T4 version. The C-Store version. The fleet version. The T5-U versions. And now this? If I had used an upgrade token or fleet modules on any of that, I would have been a seriously unsatisfied customer.

Well they managed to beat the Defiant ... -- that one you "only" have to buy 3 times to get the whole set.

But all in all we are looking at a watershed event ... , kind of like the introduction of the Luna with it's extra console slot .
    This time it's just a whole lot less special and a whole lot more expensive .

... it'll be called "get your T6 ship trait for your favorite T5 ship here ..." only 3000 Zen ...
  • blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Right now, I'm ecstatic that I didn't do any T5 upgrades except the free Dyson and Risian one.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm so glad I never upgraded my fleet intrepid to T5U. I feel bad for the people that did...

The new intrepid looks cool with the the new pet but it definitely needs some more tac love.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited November 2014
    Can you guys be serious there was enough people kicking off that when the delta pack was realeased saying there was no T6 ships being realeased that looks the ships on the show. We all know that Cryptic are money hungry but short when it comes to Quality hence why DR IMO is worse that LOR.

To the people who bought a ship token to upgrade to Tier 5-U I do sympathise but this has been on the card since they announced the upgrade system. Why else would they have released the Voyager MSD and realeased so many missions with the Voyager crew. I personally hope they add this to the delta pack as the Voyager belongs there.

But Cryptic if you want more money release proper warbirds and KDf ships seriosly only two ships each and the only one worth buying is the raptor but roms want a tactical warbird. Don't ditch the other factions because this is what you did with Tier V ships and your following with Tier 6.
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello,

I have what will hopefully be taken as a constructive suggestion or two. If this is the path we are heading in where ships we have already purchased will be coming out with T6 versions can we do the following.

- Honor, to some extent, our previous purchase by offering a significant discount if we already own the Fleet T5U variant of the ship. Not just the 700 zen for the upgrade because we already bought the T5 and a fleet module as well, I am thinking 1000-1500 zen discount for the T6. That way people would feel they are getting some value for making the investment previously.

- Along with that discount, do not alter the basic function of the ship vs the one it is replacing. If you are trying to differentiate it from the T5U version to give us a choice between two endgame variants I would not suggest that. If Fleet T6 gets the same 10% durability and an extra console, people wont want another choice, they will just want a T6 version of their T5u. (disclaimer...T5 ships with unpopular console and BO loadouts would likely sell better altered...judgement call there I guess)

- People will definitely see getting improved ship interiors as a nice shiney and many of us want more work done in this area. Also, I know that this one was offered because it was worked on for the story arc. However, if you are going to sell us more bridges as an incentive, can you give us an option to replace the huge schematic of the intended ship with a generic LCARS at the customization NPC? For example I love the Prometheus bridge but I dont fly the Prometheus. I can't feel like I am on the bridge of MY ship when there's a big schematic of the Prometheus behind my head. This change might improve sales of bridges in general.

Thanks
  • doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry
    No XP for us, no money for PWE/Cryptic.
    Qapla'
    edited November 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Yeah WTF are you guys now saying TRIBBLE it we are only selling 2nd deflectors now.

Wasn't that a second Deflector slot only ?

...'cuz secondary Deflectors are just about here ... like swearzies and s&#it ...
  • captainleavittcaptainleavitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    archer7809 wrote: »
    Fairly new player here of about two months. Until now, I've not been motivated enough to post here on the forums. It boils down to feeling cheated.

Had you told us that the Intrepid would be offered up as a T6 ship, I wouldn't have purchased the upgrade for the Long Range Science Vessel that I also purchased through the c-store. You are selling/reselling me a ship in which I have already invested $32.

The reason I haven't purchased one of the current T6 ships is the if money is involved, then I should be proud to fly the ship. So, figured it would be prudent to wait until you put out something of which to be proud and this is what you've offered. You're asking me to pay $62 for the same hull with abilities that are underwhelming at best.

As it happens, the Ballaphon(sp?) is also in my shipyard, which would allow access to the set bonuses, but I have zero faith those bonuses will be worth it as they are dependant on the AI of the Aeroshuttle to use them effectively. Your track record with pets does not inspire confidence.

Sure, it has the intel station, but those abilities can be entirely ignored, rendering the station underwhelming. Frankly, would rather see a second non-engineer Commander station than all this new intel stuff that I don't have the hotkeys for anyway.

Bottom line is that you have screwed me out of money needlessly spent and it has soured my whole attitude toward your company and the game.

You can choose to make it right or not, but I will not spend $30, $20, or even $10 on this ship. Doing so would mean allowing myself to be swindled by tactics not that far removed from the Snake Oil salesmen of yesteryear.

And this is how I feel. Well put, only exception is I've been putting up with this TRIBBLE for 4 years. Every year it gets worse.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    New Interior? Details please. I really don't care for everything else in this pack but I really like to know stuff like:

- Is the interior useable on any ship?
    - Is the bridge "fused" to the rest like with the Defiant or can I add any bridge to it?
    - Will there be a seperate interiors offer after whatever this "limited offer" means?
    edited November 2014
    c3141pwa wrote: »
    Please learn your canon.

The Intrepid class is a *light cruiser*, not a *science ship*. The Equinox was a science ship.

Actually Intrepid class was a Science ship. Voyager is also touted as being a science ship throughout the show so same could be said that you should learn your canon to.
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hitonozanshihitonozanshi Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Will we see a Defiant and Galaxy revamp as well sometime in the semi near future?

I hope so! It would sooooooooo make up for the ugly intel ships! :D
    The Jar kitty is watching you. :D
    edited November 2014
    mikefl wrote: »
    Actually the T6 Intrepid has an Intel seat...

I get tired of hearing why one faction gets something and the others do not... everyone has access to play any and all factions so when something is added it is added for everyone.

Really please explain the last time you were able to use a fed ship on the KDF faction because if you have you have been playing a different game to the rest of us
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The blog now says there's a $5 discount from Thursday til Monday on any of the Pathfinder purchases. This will help compensate for anyone that spent money to upgrade their tier 5 Intrepid.

Also, for anyone who didn't know, there is a unique skin for this new release. There doesn't appear to be an image of it in the blog.

http://thomasthecat.tumblr.com/post/102919753440/this-is-the-pathfinder-class-starship-i-designed
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Hell, at this point, just sell chassises that we can put our favorite skins on. That's one way to solve the whole thing. :rolleyes:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Starfleet Corps of Engineers are pleased to announce the newest lineup of the famed Intrepid class star ship! The Delta Quadrant was explored by the U.S.S. Voyager, and no ship is better suited than our latest model. Check out the latest report.

You can find our report here as well as the new engineering specs on our latest ship!

~LaughingTrendy

when, now... wants :P
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
    edited November 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    In other news, I will now place my request for a Tier 5 Klingon Bird of Prey.

Yes I am quite pleased. My hopes for a Tier 6 Sovereign with a proper Nemesis era perfect skin would leave me with great joy. I would gladly buy that.

The B'rel was a Tier 5 Bird of Prey
    NO TO ARC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    sirokk wrote: »
    So Scryer has TWO Intelligence slots, Lt Tact and Commander Sci.

T6 Pathfinder has... ONE Intel slot... and it's Lt Eng?!?!?!?! Not even Lt Cmd Intel/Sci?

I know it's not an Intel ship but is this a Cruiser or Science ship?.. Lt Eng Intel slot?

Not buyin' it...

Well one is an actual ship , the other is a properly gimped RP "hero ship" .

Did that help ?

... didn't think so ... :(
    edited November 2014
    c3141pwa wrote: »
    The Intrepid class is classified as a light cruiser in the Deep Space Nine Technical Manual which *is* considered canon as it was written by the people who worked on the television shows and used as a guide for writers.

http://s29.postimg.org/4maw3tsxj/cruiser.png

Given that the book was, in part, written by the guy who designed the ship (Rick Sternbach) and that it was used as a reference for writers writing episodes for the shows, I'm inclined to go with that definition and not Cryptic's.

CBS only considers canon to be on screen established facts. The only exception being J.J. universe comics and video games, etc. but that's independent of CBS and the tv shows anyway. And since CBS tells Cryptic what they can and can't do, Cryptic isn't actually contradicting canon. Whether you accept the Intrepid being a science vessel or not, in STO canon, at least, it is.

*Edit* Furthermore, you linked to the Intrepid variant which is the Yeager type http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Yeager_type it's classification as a light cruiser doesn't indicate that's the classification for an Intrepid anyway.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I actually read through the 30 pages, that's why I post so late, but now I can finally reply.

Only, err... it's all been said.

It was to be expected a Tier 6 Intrepid will come. Needless to say it's absolutely redundant. A F(leet)T5-U Intrepid has 10% more hull, 10% more shields and one more console. The only reason you may want this is if you really want the 1 or two Intel abilities in. Of course that changes when the Tier 6 Fleet variant comes. That one will match the FT5-U specs while providing the off bonuses.

It is beyond outrageous to have 3 times as many FED ships as KDF ones (or ROM ones). Not only do both other factions lack a Tier 6 Science ship, not only are they pigeonholed into one single Intel ship if they ever want to use any Lt.Comm or higher intel ability, not only do they get only a third of FED ship traits, they apparently won't get any new ship for a good while.

I don't even want to get into the "heptuple"? purchase debate (Seriously, 7 versions now: Tier 4 free, Tier 4 Refit, Tier 5 Retrofit, Tier 5 Retrofit-U, Fleet Tier 5 Retrofit, Fleet ier 5 Retrofit-U and now Tier 6.) and the money people have sunk since DR went live with all the upgrading...

And also having a blog about a new (well, sorta, you know, it's still the Intrepid, but not exactly...) ship without even showing a picture of the new skin that the ship seemingly comes with...

Well, speaking of the Pathfinder skin: It's not that bad, given it's Thomas' first FED ship. I'm just not sure about that large dent in front before the secondary deflector. And most importantly: What the heck happened there at the aft? The secondary hull just somehow ends and the nacelle pylons are playing at who looks more like a wing? That part is more than just weird.
    But I like the underslung nacelles.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    edited November 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    So wait, they have designed a new "Pathfinder" skin for this T6 variant and yet they didn't showcase it in the blog that announces the ship?? :confused:
    Excuse me while I go find a nice wall to bang my head against, since facepalms don't cut it anymore.

Cryptic, WTF is wrong with you?!?

Erm ... more and more every passing day ?!?

... the Pathfinder saucer looks nice ... , the rest they can keep ...
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    Actually Intrepid class was a Science ship. Voyager is also touted as being a science ship throughout the show so same could be said that you should learn your canon to.

Where? oO

I do remember it to be refered to as light cruiser & (I think at the pilot, but that is a bit foggy) patrol cruiser but never as dedicated science vessel.
  • kamipoikamipoi Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    im just offended about the whole darned thing. im an intrepid lover always have been.

traits ok.

console layout will be fixed during fleet t6.

bridge layout well this is where you lost me why isn't it the lt commander science that's the intel?
    makes no since to me that a science ships toting a engineer intelligence officer instead of a science.
    edited November 2014
    Where? oO

I do remember it to be refered to as light cruiser & (I think at the pilot, but that is a bit foggy) patrol cruiser but never as dedicated science vessel.

It was never stated to be anything on screen. Not any kind of cruiser or science ship.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kamipoi wrote: »
    im just offended about the whole darned thing. im an intrepid lover always have been.

traits ok.

console layout will be fixed during fleet t6.

bridge layout well this is where you lost me why isn't it the lt commander science that's the intel?
    makes no since to me that a science ships toting a engineer intelligence officer instead of a science.

It's quite simple. All Tier 6 non-intel ships have only a Lieutenant intel Boff station. That has the lovely consequence that there's only 1 ship on KDF and ROM side that can use all intel abilities, versus 3 on FED side.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!