test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Dil awarded after reaching maximum specialization points

jindarojindaro Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've purchased all available specialization skills and have "leveled" several times since. Most times I wasn't paying close enough attention to see if I was indeed being rewarded with Dil ore, but I made a point to record my ore and refined Dil amounts just before leveling this last time. There was no change in either amount after gaining another level.

I am curious as to the actual amount that is supposed to be awarded as per: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7007273

"If an extremely dedicated Captain ever reaches the point where they would earn another Specialization Point, but have already purchased every Specialization Ability available to them, these surplus points will be automatically converted into Dilithium Ore."

I would appreciate if anyone can answer the amount question or if anybody has experienced the same.
Post edited by jindaro on

Comments

• Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They've removed the Ore completely in a patch. "WAI".
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    jindarojindaro Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the reply.

Tried to do a quick scan of the patch notes and changelog and must have missed that. I wasn't aware that it had been removed, but I don't find that surprising considering the direction of the game has taken lately.

It saddens me and the future of the game in my eyes looks tentative from all the doom and gloom posts not to mention the say one thing and turnabout later that seems to be the games MO as of late.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep, as suaveks said, they removed it. It's in these patch notes here (under the General section) if you're interested.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1267561
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You must have been living under a rock to have missed The Great Exploitening of 2014. ;) The dilithium reward from maxing all the spec trees, that is the reason for Cryptic's knee-jerk spec points roll back.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.