test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Plan for a Voyager Bundle Pack to be released January 15th :-)

toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
I was looking at the episode guide for "Star Trek: Voyager" and found out that the 20th anniversary of the series premiere was January 16th, 1995. :) Since the patches always go live on Thursdays, I think it'd be a fantastic idea to release the Voyager interior (or a bundle pack if it's planned) the day before the series began. :D

They could put into the bundle...

- The Intrepid with the Ablative Hull Armor
- Admiral Janeway's uniform (from "Star Trek: Insurrection")
- Admiral Janeway's uniform (from "Endgame")
- The EMH as a Bridge Officer
- The ECH (Emergency Command Hologram) as a Bridge Officer
- Voyager's interior [I know that's planned 'cause it was talked about before {with two possible choices for the Mess Hall: replicators or a cooking station}]; additions could include the choice between a regular Cargo Bay and a Cargo Bay with regeneration alcoves
- Maquis uniforms
- Ktarian, Nacene, Talaxian, Kazon, Ocampa, Vidiian, Sikarian, Voth, Undine, Krenim, Hirogen, Malon, Devore, Vaadwuar, Norcadian, Brunali, Uxali races made available in the Foundry (I know some are, but my computer can't use the game and the browser at the same time, so I unfortunately can't check)

I realize this is a lot to work on, especially in the short time between now and my suggested release date, but I think it'd be an awesome idea. :) I'm sure a lot of other "Voyager" fans would agree. :cool:

(If you guys don't think you could make January, then I'd like to suggest May 21st of next year [a day before the 20th anniversary of the finale of the first season)
2rbz410.jpg
Post edited by toslover#1432 on

Comments

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was looking at the episode guide for "Star Trek: Voyager" and found out that the 20th anniversary of the series premiere was January 16th, 1995. :)

Well I'd expect the Intrepid to be the next/first T6 - Release ... so next month sounds reasonable ... doubt they'll put any work into T5 Versions anymore, though (assuming that's what you mean by "Ablative Hull Intrepid") ...

+ The Voyager Interior is already in the game ...

My Guess : T6 (3-Pack) + Ship Interior + some Uniform(s)
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A little over the top, compared to other bundles, don't you think?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well I'd expect the Intrepid to be the next/first T6 - Release ... so next month sounds reasonable ... doubt they'll put any work into T5 Versions anymore, though (assuming that's what you mean by "Ablative Hull Intrepid") ...

Well, I was thinking the version used in "Endgame" with the Ablative armor could be a T6 release. :)
    + The Voyager Interior is already in the game ...
    Oh, I know; I was just thinking as an actual interior for everyone to use, as opposed to an interior utilized only when doing missions. :) (unless they've put the full interior into the game as a purchasable choice and I just hadn't seen it yet. lol)
    My Guess : T6 (3-Pack) + Ship Interior + some Uniform(s)

I'm thinking you're right. :)
    anazonda wrote: »
    A little over the top, compared to other bundles, don't you think?

In hindsight, you're right. :) Though they don't necessarily have to include everything. hehe I guess I overdid it partly as a way to give them some choices that they might not have thought of before.
    Unfortunately you are way too late to be making suggestions for the Voyager anniversary. So if they have any plans to celebrate Voyager, it's already been decided and most likely included as part of the upcoming STO 5 year anniversary.

Best you can hope for at this point is that they had similar ideas as yours 4-6 months ago when they decided what they were going to do for the upcoming anniversary.

You're right; I was probably just thinking, with checking the episode guide and noticing that the anniversary's coming up, I wanted to put a bug in their ear [so to speak] about possible suggestions on how to celebrate it.

Well, the anniversary's shortly after the premiere date [if I remember right, STO went live in February of 2010] so it's still possible some ideas could be implemented. I guess we'll find out come that point.
    2rbz410.jpg
  • odisseusrhodisseusrh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was looking at the episode guide for "Star Trek: Voyager" and found out that the 20th anniversary of the series premiere was January 16th, 1995. :) Since the patches always go live on Thursdays, I think it'd be a fantastic idea to release the Voyager interior (or a bundle pack if it's planned) the day before the series began. :D

They could put into the bundle...

- The EMH as a Bridge Officer
    - The ECH (Emergency Command Hologram) as a Bridge Officer
    - Voyager's interior [I know that's planned 'cause it was talked about before {with two possible choices for the Mess Hall: replicators or a cooking station}]; additions could include the choice between a regular Cargo Bay and a Cargo Bay with regeneration alcoves
    - Maquis uniforms
    - Ktarian, Nacene, Talaxian, Kazon, Ocampa, Vidiian, Sikarian, Voth, Undine, Krenim, Hirogen, Malon, Devore, Vaadwuar, Norcadian, Brunali, Uxali races made available in the Foundry (I know some are, but my computer can't use the game and the browser at the same time, so I unfortunately can't check)

I realize this is a lot to work on, especially in the short time between now and my suggested release date, but I think it'd be an awesome idea. :) I'm sure a lot of other "Voyager" fans would agree. :cool:

(If you guys don't think you could make January, then I'd like to suggest May 21st of next year [a day before the 20th anniversary of the finale of the first season)

its in game already its a console

- Maquis uniforms
    would be cool along with the ST:V Maquis rank insignias

having the EMH as a bridge officer isn't viable since hes a cannon character however having the option of have a EMH m IV or ECH m III as one yea that's do able.
    edited November 2014
    odisseusrh wrote: »
    its in game already its a console

- Maquis uniforms
    would be cool along with the ST:V Maquis rank insignias

having the EMH as a bridge officer isn't viable since hes a cannon character however having the option of have a EMH m IV or ECH m III as one yea that's do able.

Thanks so much for the information and suggestions! :) Great ideas!
    2rbz410.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Admiral Janeway's uniform from Insurrection? She wasn't in Insurrection. She made an appearance in Nemesis though, and that uniform is already in the DS9 Bundle as the DS9 Admiral's uniform.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The admiral Janeway from endgame is in game already. .

It's the all good things uniform.

And if the intrepid gets T6 then tbh i want yes want T6 oddy and avenger.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    The admiral Janeway from endgame is in game already. .

It's the all good things uniform.

And if the intrepid gets T6 then tbh i want yes want T6 oddy and avenger.

She had a longcoat AGT variant.

Now, in terms of events, yes, Cryptic is already planning next summer and they are doing some initial planning on Expansion 3, probably 12-18 months from now.

In terms of store offerings, those are frequently developed on a shorter time table in part because they often build on existing assets and mechanics.

If I had to guess...

Voyager Interior. (But we only get one.)
    Janeway Endgame Uniform (Longcoat AGT variant).
    Seven of Nine suede uniform. (Already seen in game).
    Additional Talaxian/Ocampa uniform. (Already seen in game.)
    Aeon Phaser Pistol. (Variation on the Wells Lobi pistol but without the flashy effects, representing the pistol used in Future's End aboard the Aeon rather than the one used in Relativity.)
    Borg Cooperative Science Intelligence Bridge Officer
    AND/OR
    EMH Mk I Bridge Officer (This would be a real treat if they locked in the likeness but let us adjust the uniform.)
    Voyager Aeroshuttle

Of those, at this point, only the Aeroshuttle would take artwork we haven't already seen and I suspect that the devs designed this months ago.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And if they have provisional Maquis rank pips, I'm sold.
  • cptndata1cptndata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm completely on-board with this. T6 Voyager, more voyager stuff, lets commemorate one of the best Star Trek shows and crew :D Really looking forward to this anniversary. As an addition, they should give us warship voyager as a T6 cruiser :P I mean fo real the gal x is in game....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Real join date September 2012
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    warship voyager
    shuttle with armor and some time travel abilities
    seska do or bo
    there was also a engineer EH .. :rolleyes:
  • tiro100tiro100 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Admiral Janeway's uniform from Insurrection? She wasn't in Insurrection. She made an appearance in Nemesis though, and that uniform is already in the DS9 Bundle as the DS9 Admiral's uniform.

This crossed my mind as I was reading the op's post. Unless I was missing something in Insurrection.
    Playing STO on and off since January 2nd, 2011!
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Allow me to use the Voyager Interior with any vessel and I'm sold

That ready room is so much nicer than the one we already have
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    Well, the Voyager interior is done. The one in-game is the one that will be released for the players, save for the modular mess hall (Tacofangs already explained that adding locations like the holodeck or the cargo bay just wasn't possible).

So, my list for the bundle:

the Intrepid interior
    Aeroshuttle (or Admiral Janeway's shuttle from "Endgame")
    Seven of Nine grey/blue catsuit variant
    Admiral Janeway longcoat
    the "fork" compression phaser rifle (if this isn't the rifle released in the Delta rep)
    a collection of DOFFs

If the Intrepid is released as a T6 vessel, then it will be released on its own. A 3-pack, with the T5 skins and consoles would be nice. I also love the idea of a Bob Picardo BOFF, but somehow, I would think that they would need special permission to do that. CBS does silly things like not allowing players to play as androids, so I could see them nixing this too.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Been waiting for the Voyager bundle since DR release, I'm hoping it will be before Christmas actually. I keep checking the news diligently every week. :D
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ok so here is what i want.

T6 intrepid class starship
    The Class-2 shuttle (why this isnt in the game already ill never know)
    ECH Intel Bridge officer
    Voyager interior
    Captain proton gun :D
    Queen Arachnia outfit (u know you want it)
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
    edited November 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    tiro100 wrote: »
    This crossed my mind as I was reading the op's post. Unless I was missing something in Insurrection.

You guys are right; my apologies. :) I had seen the clip from "Nemesis" on YouTube and I'd recently watched "Insurrection" {but I know I hadn't seen all of "Nemesis" at that time} so I must've subconsciously inserted the "Nemesis" clip into "Insurrection". lol Thanks again for the clarification! :)

Loving all the feedback so far, everybody! I gotta say I'm really happy this is such a popular idea! (especially since I know that, to a lot of fans, Voyager wasn't a real favorite as a series) :D

Please keep the ideas comin'! And, above all...Live Long and Prosper. :cool:
    2rbz410.jpg