test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts for the Vengeance as a T6 ship?

Comments

• ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Vengeance will never be a T6 ship. And it never should be. As with the Constitution, the Vengeance is so old that a Miranda class would be a match for it. Ships from that era simply don't have the technology or design to be able to compete with the latest ships. There are current T5 ships that shouldn't even be where they are simply because of their age. At the very most, the vengeance should have a T3. And even that's pushing it. But as othe s have poi ted out, JJ trek will.never, and should never, be a part of this game.
  • tiro100tiro100 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was going to say something about the Narada, but then I realized that the Tal Shiar ships are just inspired by it. If only the federation had a ship "inspired" by the Vengeance! *cough*intel ships*cough*
    Playing STO on and off since January 2nd, 2011!
  • benben500benben500 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Personally, I'd rather have more stuff Trek related, not a Star Wars ripoff with a director who has no idea what his movie is about.
    "Bloody explorers, ponce off to Mumbo Jumbo land, come home with a tropical disease, a suntan and a bag of brown lumpy things, and Bob's your uncle, everyone's got a picture of them in the lavatory."
    -Edmund Blackadder-
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If the Romulans get a "giant, mcguffin eyesore" from a crapfest of a film, why can't Starfleet?

Because the Scimitar at least came from a Star Trek movie :cool:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Instead of something that shouldn't be in the game how bout we ask this? WHERE IS MY FRAKKING TYPHOON?!!
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have a better idea *ahem* *beats horse with stick* There thread solved.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The new ships are too big and covered in 'stuff' and trying to look tough. Classic stuff was relatively small and 'tidy,' the clean lines of the D'deridex or the Galaxy or newer like the Mogai or Prometheus, or even the relatively straightforward patterning on something like a Vor'cha or a B'rel. But the clunky armor plates on the Mogh or the ridiculous size of the Eclipse or all the kibble on the Scryer, its like the starship equivalent of a 90's Anti-Hero with all the pouches and giant guns, the USS Cable. Its hard to look at.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here's my thought:

This is a stupid idea and if I weren't a sarcastic petaQ' I wouldn't even dignify it with a response.

Besides, Cryptic doesn't have to rights to use stuff from the JJ-verse that isn't strictly backstory. That's why we don't have a JJprise, that's why they scrapped the JJstyle TOS uniforms, that's why we'll never have a Kelvin or a Vengeance.
  • zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    The Vengeance will never be a T6 ship. And it never should be. As with the Constitution, the Vengeance is so old that a Miranda class would be a match for it. Ships from that era simply don't have the technology or design to be able to compete with the latest ships. There are current T5 ships that shouldn't even be where they are simply because of their age. At the very most, the vengeance should have a T3. And even that's pushing it. But as othe s have poi ted out, JJ trek will.never, and should never, be a part of this game.

so what about the t5 enterprise era ships. you just gonna ignore those eh
    343rguu.jpg

• hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I still want to know where my New Orleans class is.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    I still want to know where my New Orleans class is.

There's canon ships already ingame, even from more recent Star Trek eras, that you cannot play endgame.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zero2362 wrote: »
    so what about the t5 enterprise era ships. you just gonna ignore those eh

What T5 Enterprise era ships? If you are referring to the D'kyr and Kumari line of ships, they are not Enterprise era. They are "modern" Vulcan and Andorian designs with a design lineage. Comparing the Kumari class to Shran's ship is like comparing a modern Vette to an '81 Vette.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cptndata1 wrote: »
    I'm not a cryptic fanboy but I think their fed designs are beast. Regent skin, Avenger, intel ships right? I enjoyed the change from "classic trek" look. Look guys, it's been several centuries since ToS and that style ship, it's time we stepped up our design to combat new threats. And I don't see bright white hulls in space as very effective. Its like waving a white flag before the battle even begins. Black/darker hulls are more practical/awesome.

The paint of the hull increases a ship's practicality. :rolleyes:

*facepalm* *headdesk*
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    scififan78 wrote: »
    What T5 Enterprise era ships? If you are referring to the D'kyr and Kumari line of ships, they are not Enterprise era. They are "modern" Vulcan and Andorian designs with a design lineage. Comparing the Kumari class to Shran's ship is like comparing a modern Vette to an '81 Vette.

Xindi T5 ships and the kumari all look like the ships from enterprise. your argument is that they only look the same but there internals are completely different.

Following that logic we can have any ship as a T6 regardless of age including the Miranda

Your argument is flawed
    343rguu.jpg

• priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited November 2014
    Jupiter, Typhoon, and New Orleans class first, JJ Lensflare class later.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Xindi T5 ships and the kumari all look like the ships from enterprise. your argument is that they only look the same but there internals are completely different.

Following that logic we can have any ship as a T6 regardless of age including the Miranda

Your argument is flawed

Not at all. There are differences in the two if you are willing to look. First, the nose of the ship is more angular than Shran's ship. Also, the wings and engines are different. The Xindi ships I give you. Also note, these are all member world ships, not Federation standards. They build on their own rules. I understand the point that you are making. We can fly the original Constitution and NX at T1. The "story" is that the SCE built them as homage to the originals but they are equipped with modern technology. That does not mean they should be viable at T6, nor am I trying to suggest that.
  • fisheye1fisheye1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Then become an executive at Paramount. Because otherwise it's not happening.

It's kinda both between CBS and Paramount, given that when Viacom split back in 2005, CBS took the Trek series and IP licenses with em; Paramount only controls the movies, and DVD/Blu-Ray releases. It would be a whole lot less confusing if Viacom and CBS merged again; Sumner Redstone still controls both, the reason they split was because the was internal fighting over who'd succeed him as head of Viacom: CBS' Les Moonves, or MTV's Tom Freston (who has since left). Les could easily lead a newly-remerged company.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You mean like the intel ships

Exactly...

Interestingly I've been counting the number of said ships I've seen since DR has launched.... I am up to 27, and thats not excluding potential repeats.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I recently sent in a ticket to PWE/Cryptic about bringing this ship in as a solution to people asking for a higher-tier Constitution class. I know that technically, the Vengeance is listed as a Dreadnought-class ship, but it does resemble the Constitution-class, just darker and more beefed as a Battleship instead of a regular cruiser.

There are ways about changing it's appearance slightly or changing it's name to stray from copyright issues, but even if not, it shouldn't be that hard to get this ship in the game. My question is, would you like to see this ship as a new T6 ship for the Feds, and why/why not? IMO, I think it's an amazing ship and would like to see as a ship that could rival the other Dreadnoughts in the game (Galaxy-X isn't really a true Dreadnought, especially compared to the Scimitar).

The closest we may ever see would be a vessel that is similar to the U.S.S. Vengeance, but a different beast in practice. Much like the deal with the Tal'Shiar Adapted warships and the Narada.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I recently sent in a ticket to PWE/Cryptic about bringing this ship in as a solution to people asking for a higher-tier Constitution class. I know that technically, the Vengeance is listed as a Dreadnought-class ship, but it does resemble the Constitution-class, just darker and more beefed as a Battleship instead of a regular cruiser.

There are ways about changing it's appearance slightly or changing it's name to stray from copyright issues, but even if not, it shouldn't be that hard to get this ship in the game. My question is, would you like to see this ship as a new T6 ship for the Feds, and why/why not? IMO, I think it's an amazing ship and would like to see as a ship that could rival the other Dreadnoughts in the game (Galaxy-X isn't really a true Dreadnought, especially compared to the Scimitar).

It's been talked before and GREAT idea. The heck with licenses...after all we have dinos with freaking laser guns on their heads (quote from DEVS). Not canon anymore so what gives :D
    DUwNP.gif

• razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How could such a cool looking ship cause so much political nonsense lol All some of us want is (in my own opinion) amazingly bad-TRIBBLE looking ship:P
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So many zombie threads!

What is it, Night of the Living Threads?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    A: Contract stuff. Paramount owns the rights to AR stuff starting in teh '9 movie on. CBS owns the rights to the stuff from Nemesis back.
    B: NECROMANCY!!!!!!!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    razartrek1 wrote: »
    How could such a cool looking ship cause so much political nonsense lol All some of us want is (in my own opinion) amazingly bad-TRIBBLE looking ship:P

Because it's not part of Cryptic's license. STO can only cover the prime universe.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    talonxv wrote: »
    Instead of something that shouldn't be in the game how bout we ask this? WHERE IS MY FRAKKING TYPHOON?!!
    Commander Cruisers are the new Typhoon.
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Licensing stuff neither I or likely anyone else on these forums is qualified or knowledgeable enough to consider aside...

I'm not against the general look of the Vengeance, I thought it looked cool as a Federation Warship designed by a deranged augment for a deranged Starfleet Admiral.

But they would have to MASSIVELY REDUCE it's absurd size and OP nature. Twice the size of the already gargantuan 800 meter long Alternate Universe Enterprise is stupid.

And the other nonsense that Khan said about the ship. "Ten times the firepower and three times as fast."

I know Khan was super-smart in an Abrams movie which means wizard basically. But the idea that one person, even a superhuman, could design that op a ship but still have it lose to a small bit of cunning is just dumb. So dumb.

Also Warp 10 limit... thing shouldn't have had Transwarp Drive, unless Khan was such a genius that he just invented it on his own. Seriously that thing could solo the HIVE on ELITE on auto-fire it was so ridiculous.

I'm torn about STXIII or III, on one hand I want it to be good. On the other hand I want it to shoot itself so badly that Paramount, Bad Robot, & the cast collectively throws up their hands in frustration, sells the rights to CBS for Gene Roddenberry's lyrics for the TOS title music, and focuses on rebranding/vamping/booting/whatever various children's 80's franchises. (And from their who know, maybe CBS's execs let someone else have a go of it, maybe they let it die.)

Ach, sorry to rant. TO the OP's point, yes to the general ship layout, looks cool. No to it's size/powers/etc.
  • hebdahebda Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    On the RMC and the Jellyfish I agree... Those spawned from JJ-Trek.

That said, the Republic is a pure fictional addition. Theres no JJ or Prime universe indications that the republic exists in the prime universe.

STO is another Parallel universe... It's not the prime universe... Never was.

Wrong. STO is set in the Prime Universe. That was stated in 2010 when the game was released. It is also stated in the wiki:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Chronology

Read the Notes on the Timeline of Star Trek Online, bullet one.

Also, I'd like to note for other readers, there are 3 ships in STO that ARE NOT in any of the TV shows, but were in the movies. I only mention this because there are many people talking about license rights and what not, and I have been here since beta and remember all the discussions concerning CBS and Paramount properties. The facts are that both nothing from the JJ reboot will be in STO, but that doesn't mean that other ships from the Paramount movies couldn't be added.

BTW the 3 ships are the T3 Connie Re-fit, the Soverign, and the Scimatar (spelling). To my knowledge all of those ships belong to Paramount and have never been seen in any of the TV series.
    “In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death…..even vegetarians.” – Spock
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hebda wrote: »
    Wrong. STO is set in the Prime Universe. That was stated in 2010 when the game was released. It is also stated in the wiki:
    The point he was making is that STO is not canon. It is an alternate reality of canon. It is like many of the novels - they exist but they are not canon to the Trek series. So while STO is set in the Prime Universe everything which happens in it has no bearing on canon, thus it is not really the prime universe. It is simply just another 'what if' setting.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm honestly surprised this question isn't in the 'FAQ part so please don't ask anymore' section. This comes up almost as much as the T6 Connie.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    anazonda wrote: »
    On the RMC and the Jellyfish I agree... Those spawned from JJ-Trek.

That said, the Republic is a pure fictional addition. Theres no JJ or Prime universe indications that the republic exists in the prime universe.

STO is another Parallel universe... It's not the prime universe... Never was.

It's an extrapolation from the JJTrek destruction of the Romulan homeworld (which technically happens in the Prime universe), but in the end, everything in STO is its own "universe". It will almost certainly never make it into TV or movie canon.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.