test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quality of life improvement for the Galaxy X Dreadnought Suggestion

erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
Greetings All,

I've brought this suggestion up a few times in the past couple of years since the Galaxy X was released but no one ever seems to comment on it one way or the other :o

Oh Well, I'll throw this out there again an wait for the Crickets :P

I was hoping that Cryptic would make a universal device item that when slotted in a device slot on the Galaxy X or any ship with an innate Energy Type based attack will allow you to change the default Energy Type of the ships innate Energy based attack to another of your Choosing.

To create a backstory for the item we could say that it is based on the same Technology that is found on the Romulan Drone Ships. (Drone ships can change their energy weapon type to match that of which it's copying)

Heck the device item could be craftable by only Romulan Characters but account bound on creation for all I care has long has it gets added to the game ;)

Thanks for your Time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by errab on

Comments

• Options
    xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Cool idea. I'd support it as somebody who doesn't own a galaxy.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'd rather see the Eng boff slot converted to eng/intel.

Extra tac consoles would be nice as well, but since the devs want the X to be a tank those extra tac consoles are unlikely.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    errab wrote: »
    Greetings All,

I've brought this suggestion up a few times in the past couple of years since the Galaxy X was released but no one ever seems to comment on it one way or the other :o

Oh Well, I'll throw this out there again an wait for the Crickets :P

I was hoping that Cryptic would make a universal device item that when slotted in a device slot on the Galaxy X or any ship with an innate Energy Type based attack will allow you to change the default Energy Type of the ships innate Energy based attack to another of your Choosing.

To create a backstory for the item we could say that it is based on the same Technology that is found on the Romulan Drone Ships. (Drone ships can change their energy weapon type to match that of which it's copying)

Heck the device item could be craftable by only Romulan Characters but account bound on creation for all I care has long has it gets added to the game ;)

Thanks for your Time

This has come up quite a few times since the X was added to the store. Cryptic have never responded if it would even be possible for the lance to be changed to another damage type other than phaser, let alone a player picking the damage type.

You are not alone in your wish. Plus the Guramba Siege Destroyer is the same KDF side, so you have allies on the KDF for the same thing.

Again, it has not been stated if it is even possible under the current platform. I think it may not be, hence the stone wall we are talking to
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    This has come up quite a few times since the X was added to the store. Cryptic have never responded if it would even be possible for the lance to be changed to another damage type other than phaser, let alone a player picking the damage type.

You are not alone in your wish. Plus the Guramba Siege Destroyer is the same KDF side, so you have allies on the KDF for the same thing.

Again, it has not been stated if it is even possible under the current platform. I think it may not be, hence the stone wall we are talking to

At least I do not stand alone :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    First in needs a better BO-Layout to even come into the selection.