test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upgrade question

kenthendkenthend Member Posts: 53 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Academy
I have upgraded my shotgun to ultra rare but when I start to upgrade it to epic, it shows the same stats on when I mouse over the item in the possible result window. I have noticed this also on space fleet weapons. Am I wrong or is their no reason or benefit to upgrade these to epic?
Post edited by kenthend on

Comments

• hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What modifiers does it show? A lot of specialty items gain fixed mods from quality upgrades, rather than random ones like crafted gear or stock loot does. Not all modifiers will show as a stat change.
  • kenthendkenthend Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Stats and Mods stay the same. Shotgun is currently ultra rare with [CritD]x2, [CritH], [DMG] shows same thing when I mouse over on epic also as stated its the same with the space fleet weapons No difference in mods or dmg
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *many* items do not upgrade properly. /bug it and wait. I have seen many be fixed already; my gold fleet shield (hooray for random luck!) went up by 3k shield points after I complained and waited for a patch. My grav torp also went up in dps after a complaint. Patience... there are a LOT of items in the game. Some got overlooked or improperly set up for upgrading.
  • kenthendkenthend Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Update: I upgraded it to epic and no change in any of the stats or mods
  • odisseusrhodisseusrh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    what about old gear that has the [BORG] mod. cause you lose that mod upon upgrade and you DONT get a replacement mod for it? that a bug or your S.O.L.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited November 2014
    kenthend wrote: »
    Update: I upgraded it to epic and no change in any of the stats or mods

Need to file a Bug report per.....

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19265431#post19265431

* Epic (Gold) items have special bonus mods

The bonus mod for an item at Epic (Gold) quality is a unique special mod that doesn't otherwise appear, generally more powerful than other mods. These are:

Space Shield: [Cp/Rg] Combined capacity/regen boost
    Space Impulse Engine: [Drv2] Overcharged driver coil, double coil bonus
    Space Deflector: [SS/SI] Interlaced integrity, structural integrity/shield systems combined bonus
    Space Weapon: [Ac/Dm]: Bonus accuracy/damage combo
    Ground Shield: [Cap2] Double capacity bonus
    Ground Armor: [ResAll/HP] Bonus HP and bonus resist all damage
    Ground Weapon: [Dm/CrH] Bonus damage and critical chance combo

If the epic upgrade is not giving those Bonuses, then the item is bugged atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bds007bds007 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is it actually Epic? You can apply multiple tech upgrades to an item going from UR to Epic, and the actual upgrade process will not actually make it Epic.

Mark increases are guaranteed, but rarity level is not.

It is a gamble for a rarity increase, shown by the percentage at the bottom of the upgrade screen. You will only increase your chance to Epic by about 2% each upgrade process, not each tech upgrade pack.