test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Cruiser weapons ; tactical Vice Admiral

sindjin7sindjin7 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Federation Discussion
Greetings and Salutations,

I just reached level 50 and want to utilize my T5 Assault Cruiser.
I want to purchase them off the exchange.

From all of your experiences, what weapons systems would you use?
Beams? Which ones?

I read a few threads where other Captains have stated that cruisers don't make the best cannon ships.

I'm still fairly new and learning thanks!!!
Post edited by sindjin7 on

Comments

• sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sindjin7 wrote: »
    Greetings and Salutations,

I just reached level 50 and want to utilize my T5 Assault Cruiser.
    I want to purchase them off the exchange.

From all of your experiences, what weapons systems would you use?
    Beams? Which ones?

I read a few threads where other Captains have stated that cruisers don't make the best cannon ships.

I'm still fairly new and learning thanks!!!

In general all energy types do the same damage but they have different procs that affect different things. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ship_weapon

Most people will go with Antiproton, Disruptor or Plasma if they really care about causing the most damage. Antiproton has high crits. Plasmas and Disruptors "procs" bypass shields and damage the hull.

I prefer Plasma because it seems to get the most overall boosts for weapons power. From the Romulan Singularity Harness set and the stacking of the Fleet Plasma-Infused Sci consoles.

I usually use Phasers on Fed ships because it's what Feds use. :) If I REALLY want the most damage, I am geared up for Plamsa weapons.

More importantly, do whatever is fun! :)
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Phasers and Disruptors have been getting more boosts from recent seasons.

Both get final bonus (not just dmg boost) from the 8472 Rep Weapon Set bonus. It your build suports it, the Multi-Energy Relay also gives base dmg boost to Phaser & Disruptors as well as Radiation dmg increase, which the new Neutronic Torpedo also has a healthy amount of, as well as the Enhanced BM Torp (options to play with). Not to mention the 8472 Rep disruptors / phasers that also land Radiation dmg.

Disruptor has some variations, some of which are pretty nice.

Phasers have gotten more options recently. 8472 Bio-Molecular Phasers as well as the Biomatter Phasers.

Both types, along with the other energy weapon types, have benefited from the R&D system to be able to get weapons with highly favorable mod sets suitable to your build, unlike the truly awful Fleet weapons now with their tons of useless [Dmg] mods. This is a good deal for Fed orange phaser purists, so now you can easily get Phasers with great mod sets without paying ridiculous amounts as in seasons past.

Ever since last season, it's a good time for Phasers.

Outside these 2 weapon types, Antiproton and Romulan Plasma have been good choices.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I like the biomeowlecular phaser weapons the meowst because they have the shiny green glow like disruptors ... butt it's up to you of course. Plasma weapons have the best damage output, I think (due to science consoles being able to even further boost plasma damage), and for a slower cruiser, I would recommend 6 beam arrays (3 fore, 3 aft) and one fore and one aft torpedo launcher (photon, meowtronic which is a quantum or basic quantum usually).
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I prefer RomPlas weapons on my cruisers. The plasma dot+res debuff is neat and if you're using the experimental rom beam (which drains no energy upon firing)+zero point console you get a little buff on plasma energy damage. Not a fan of the rom torpedo 'cause its likely to explode in your face.
    If your going for a torp use stuff like the undine rep, dyson rep or wide angle quantum from the regent.
    I also heard that the delta rep torps hit really hard but can't say anything for sure since I don't have one myself.
  • syi2005ssyi2005s Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • sindjin7sindjin7 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thank you all for the input.

I'm leaning toward a total antiproton beam book with one aft mine launcher...

I just need to decide the best consoles to use