test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assistance needed to track down loadout issues

Comments

• wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    OK, so... I'm jinxing myself by saying this but... I tried something and... so far, so good. Three or four times I've logged in, played, and all has been as it should be. What did I do?

I took a single item off of my ship - anything - into my inventory, and then re-checked my loadout (thus re-placing said item into my ship) and... yeah. Thus far, it has held. On all 3 of my toons. I saw someone suggest this in zone chat, thought "easy enough" so I tried it and... so far... so far it's worked.

I just know now that I've said it it'll stop doing so tho! :P:D

It seems so stupidly simple that it should not work but... thus far... it has.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    OK, so... I'm jinxing myself by saying this but... I tried something and... so far, so good. Three or four times I've logged in, played, and all has been as it should be. What did I do?

I took a single item off of my ship - anything - into my inventory, and then re-checked my loadout (thus re-placing said item into my ship) and... yeah. Thus far, it has held. On all 3 of my toons. I saw someone suggest this in zone chat, thought "easy enough" so I tried it and... so far... so far it's worked.

I just know now that I've said it it'll stop doing so tho! :P:D

It seems so stupidly simple that it should not work but... thus far... it has.

OMG! Don't want to jinx myself either, but this appears to have fixed two of my characters. I set up their tray how I wanted it, saved the loadout, removed a random console from the ship and then loaded the loadout. After a few seconds of it moving my stuff around, I beamed down and then beamed back up and my tray is how I left it! First time in months... Now I just hope it stays that way and I don't ever need to move anything again haha.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Removing Any Starship from my Inventory obliterates all my loadouts...

I had my Loadouts all set and functional i went to ESD and Deleted a T1 Ship that I had to replace it with a T5 and it Ruined all my Loadouts, for all my Ships on this Character.

This happens all the time.
  • gameshogungameshogun Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What I do is this:
    • Set up my tray, boff, doff
    • Switch my starship to any starship
    • Switch back to my ship
    • Save as loadout
    • Fixed
    [ Home | Bio | Send me a gift! ]
    [ Blog: YOOki Chronicles ]
    [ Verify me: Keybase | OpenPGP ]

"Someone should do a story where a Horta meets a Vorta. And then they find a portal to Vorta-Vor and become immortal. Sorta." ~Christopher L. Bennett
    edited November 2014
    gameshogun wrote: »
    What I do is this:
    • Set up my tray, boff, doff
    • Switch my starship to any starship
    • Switch back to my ship
    • Save as loadout
    • Fixed
    Yeah, that's one of the fixes I've read before. It worked for one of my characters, once. But then I changed something on her ship and it didn't work the next time. It also failed to work at all for two of my other characters suffering from problems.

The workaround wilsonfrontier posted seems to have done the trick though. *touch wood*
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    switching starships in general is enough to trigger the tray bug for me sadly.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • neonmatneonmat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i just fixed my tray, all i did was: empty all 10 trays, then save, dock, undock, put all skills in tray, save, dock, undock, and they where all where they should be(for now).

all my trouble with this started when i saved my first loadout
  • cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Trays are still broke...
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • spacebreederspacebreeder Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    name rpyzkiller@spacebreeder

when it happens: going from gound to space

what it dose: removes all my duty officers from space and removes 3 powers from my tray shield bat weapon bat and bio shield rep power

note: didnt have any saved ship load out till dr when i saw someone fixed theres by saving a set so i tryed it but to no end!
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All these "workarounds" for a problem affecting so many people yet no actual fix. Next I expect to be told I have to hold a half eaten blueberry muffin in my left hand and reset my skill tray on a Thursday after a full moon wearing a fake goat's head mask while listening to Michael Bolton's Time Love and Tenderness.

Dangit! If I'd known that, I'd have tried last Thursday. Now we're going to have to wait til next month.
    Then again.... Trying sure as heck ain't going to make the problem worse. ;)
  • wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    OMG! Don't want to jinx myself either, but this appears to have fixed two of my characters. I set up their tray how I wanted it, saved the loadout, removed a random console from the ship and then loaded the loadout. After a few seconds of it moving my stuff around, I beamed down and then beamed back up and my tray is how I left it! First time in months... Now I just hope it stays that way and I don't ever need to move anything again haha.

Anyone else have luck?
  • huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ^Yes, seems to have worked for me. I was losing everything every time I moved maps. Not a thing out of place since using that method. It's bliss...
  • sportz19721010sportz19721010 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    while i appreciate your efforts in finding a way to fix the problem; i find it a bit like buying a tire for my car, finding out there is a hole in it and then you tell me to stick my finger in it. play the game yourself and find out the bug and fix it right!

that being said, if i switch ships and then train my bofs, i notice the bug shows up without mercy.

p.s. your directions are as clear as mud
    darth-vader-wants-to-rock_zps3as86bfd.gif
    edited November 2014
    while i appreciate your efforts in finding a way to fix the problem; i find it a bit like buying a tire for my car, finding out there is a hole in it and then you tell me to stick my finger in it. play the game yourself and find out the bug and fix it right!

that being said, if i switch ships and then train my bofs, i notice the bug shows up without mercy.

p.s. your directions are as clear as mud

Since you haven't quoted anybody, it's hard to tell which fix your replying about.
    edited November 2014
    still not fixed..just changed ships...tray's completely empty. reproduced it on all ships.
    Murphy's laws:
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, it's still broken. Losing slotted powers on one of my ships.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same here.... the 'fix' has once again fixed nothing. Still having skills vanish from my tray in map transfer.
  • gorndolfgorndolf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well still not fixed I trained an officer and changed another one out then went to space set up hot bars renamed my loadouts again and saved my setup/trays to a loadout, beamed down and back up and poof my hot bars are back to what they were b4 my changes minus the new officer skills and the retrained skills on the other officer. I did however notice that the load outs are now recognizing when you change a slot on the bars which is more then it did b4 so atleast there has been some progress.

Would be nice to see a post or 2 from a dev even if it is a "Thanks for all the info we are still working on it".
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for all the info. We're still working on it.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know why this bug is proving so difficult to quash, but the effort to do so continues.

Thanks for the reports and the info you all have provided.
    STO QA Team
  • sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Before todays patch (but after the one that as supposed to fix it)

i still have Loadout problems.
    (main toon that is, the only pre LoR toon i still have)

It happens mostly when i change ships. that pre set loudouts vanish , but i dont mean the item i mean the ability bar in this case. only happens in space. NEVER happened in ground.

it also just happens with the newer space sets. and specific powers. like the undine 4 set ability . every map change it keeps resetting it from the ability (action) bar and i have to manually toggle it back.

same goes for the romulan plasma 3 set (but only after i updated the set via upgrade) before that it worked fine.

normal captain powers never vanish from the bar. its always the space set powers that vanish completely and have to be reset.

and it happens when normal changing maps aswell as when going from a space map into an space stf. reloading the loadout does not work.
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • puykonigpuykonig Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    this power tray issue is putting me off playing. also the new normal, advance and Elite level is dumb, people will always play on elite.
    edited November 2014
    puykonig wrote: »
    this power tray issue is putting me off playing. also the new normal, advance and Elite level is dumb, people will always play on elite.

You should try the 'workaround' I link to in my sig. I've now used it to solve the power tray glitches on all 15 of my characters. I can even switch ships and switch to different loadouts and it remembers where everything is supposed to be. First time ever.

As for the normal, advance, elite. I don't think people will always play elite. I can't even seem to manage advanced any more, and I used to find the old Elite pretty easy. I've actually given up on endgame now as there's nothing for me to do other than 'normal' which is so far beneath the difficulty level I'm used to that it's just plain dull.
    edited November 2014
    You should try the 'workaround' I link to in my sig. I've now used it to solve the power tray glitches on all 15 of my characters. I can even switch ships and switch to different loadouts and it remembers where everything is supposed to be. First time ever.

As for the normal, advance, elite. I don't think people will always play elite. I can't even seem to manage advanced any more, and I used to find the old Elite pretty easy. I've actually given up on endgame now as there's nothing for me to do other than 'normal' which is so far beneath the difficulty level I'm used to that it's just plain dull.

I have already try that, i even jump into new ship and back still load out is not working.
    when i get the load out to stay it take just one transwarp to reset it again.
    edited November 2014
    puykonig wrote: »
    I have already try that, i even jump into new ship and back still load out is not working.
    when i get the load out to stay it take just one transwarp to reset it again.

That sucks. It's weird that not everybody seems to be having the 'same' issue with it. Like one fix works for some people, another works for other people. One of the other fixes (the one where you do it in sector space, then switch ships, then switch back) worked ONCE on ONE character for me, but not on any other characters, and it didn't even work on her a second time. But I'm thankful this one with the console switch out seems to have worked on them all so far. *Touch wood*
    edited November 2014
    That sucks. It's weird that not everybody seems to be having the 'same' issue with it. Like one fix works for some people, another works for other people. One of the other fixes (the one where you do it in sector space, then switch ships, then switch back) worked ONCE on ONE character for me, but not on any other characters, and it didn't even work on her a second time. But I'm thankful this one with the console switch out seems to have worked on them all so far. *Touch wood*

your lucky that it work. i have 8 toons and it happen to 4 of my toons. o well just have to keep buging it.:mad:
  • zshunzshun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same here , I tried the workaround with switching ships on my klingon and my romulan alts. The Romulan one just didn't work , the klingon one ended up taking my ship off the roster that I had to go to the shipyard to "ready" it again. I will try the other workaround with taking off an item but i am not holding my breath. :(
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for all the info. We're still working on it.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know why this bug is proving so difficult to quash, but the effort to do so continues.

Thanks for the reports and the info you all have provided.

thanks for the response crypticfrost, all we as the users can do is keep providing info, so we will do so.
    Murphy's laws:
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Every time you switch ships you'll have to clean out the 10 slots, 10 rows, 10 columns. Just clean them out. Unlock the "P" box also. Open a new layout give it a name for your switched ship. Save it. First then start adding what you want to the trays. Make sure you save it 1, 2, 3, 4 times for it to stick. Then Lock the "P" items. Before you start beaming yourself down to station, planet an etc.

Save
    Beam down
    Save
    Beam up
    Save
    leave orbit
    Save
    do a mission
    Save
    in a mission
    Save
    leave a mission map

I know it's a lot but you're forcing your data usage allocation area to save your ship layout and space trays #1 and #2 3, 2, 1 and 4, 5, 6 make sure they're in this order otherwise it can get a switch - a - roo on you.

Now after this 11.13.14 patch I don't have to do the above. Everything seems to be sticking to the slot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • gorndolfgorndolf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well it may not be totally fixed however I did find that even though my bars still messed up when transferring from ground to space I can load one of the load outs and it actually was saved mostly only 1 or 2 tray slots were actually not saved. So if your still suffering from it ya might want to check and see if you can just load a saved load out when your bars get reset.
  • meb812meb812 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    just here to pay my respects to all you players helping sort out these issues.

on behalf of all who still play STO, Thank You for sticking it out.

for me, cannot tolerate Duty Officers 'Assigned to Space' coming unslotted -=Every Map Change=-

the tool-bar is one thing but, Assigned Duty Officers(Space).

build issue that annoys me to no end!

regular game play pretty much ended for me as soon as the DR expansion hit.

still log in once n a while to check in game mail, send out assignments and mail resources to friends.

Again, Thanks To ALL of You helping out.