test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zefram Cochrane Shotgun

xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
How many shield penetration? I've tested it on elite Tholians & Elachi... well, seems like ~20%, pretty useless.
And on screenshot it is [CritD] [CrtH], but i get lol [Dmg] :( ...
Post edited by xlesha911 on

Comments

• Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I guess the mods are random? I got CritHx2.

And let me tell you this:

The mods are inconsistent. There is no shield pen (which I was kind of hoping for as pre-determined mods for VR/UR since special items CAN have pre-determined mods). Would have been a nice carrot on a stick for upgrading if VR added 1 ShPen mod and UR added another for a total of 50%.

But I upgraded mine to UR. CritHx2, Dmgx2 at UR for me.

STILL: the damage is showing as 202 DPS at UR for me. This thing does 50 more basic DPS than any other weapon I have and something like 80 DPS more than my TR-116B. Because the base damage is high for a Mk XII blue, I think it gets more value from upgrading in mark and quality than most weapons do. This may actually be worth upgrading to epic. Going from VR or UR increased the damage by over 20 DPS.

Also note that many weapons no longer even USE personal shields.

I may run coliseum and see if it works in there. There's probably a strong case to be made that this MIGHT BE the only ranged weapon that should still work in melee only zones. From a lore perspective because "energy inhibitors" shouldn't do anything to a basic shotgun. From a game mechanics perspective because this does physical damage, which MIGHT BE the filter applied in places like Coliseum and the Klingon Bat'leth tournaments. (Side note: How awesome would it be to have shotguns ruled a legal weapon for Bat'leth tournaments?)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Test it in Defera invasion zone.
    ~6 shoots vs shielded borg, same as VR TR, but... U need to be very close to target, and common sword + doffs significantly outperform it...
    Not worth upgrading...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014

The mods are inconsistent. There is no shield pen (which I was kind of hoping for as pre-determined mods for VR/UR since special items CAN have pre-determined mods). Would have been a nice carrot on a stick for upgrading if VR added 1 ShPen mod and UR added another for a total of 50%.

STILL: the damage is showing as 202 DPS at UR for me. This thing does 50 more basic DPS than any other weapon I have and something like 80 DPS more than my TR-116B. Because the base damage is high for a Mk XII blue, I think it gets more value from upgrading in mark and quality than most weapons do. This may actually be worth upgrading to epic. Going from VR or UR increased the damage by over 20 DPS.

I may run coliseum and see if it works in there. There's probably a strong case to be made that this MIGHT BE the only ranged weapon that should still work in melee only zones. From a lore perspective because "energy inhibitors" shouldn't do anything to a basic shotgun. From a game mechanics perspective because this does physical damage, which MIGHT BE the filter applied in places like Coliseum and the Klingon Bat'leth tournaments. (Side note: How awesome would it be to have shotguns ruled a legal weapon for Bat'leth tournaments?)
    I'm trying to remember but I think maybe the nanopulse is disallowed there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm trying to remember but I think maybe the nanopulse is disallowed there.

The nanopulse is not a physical weapon. That might actually lend support to the shotgun working there since the restriction doesn't seem to be melee/ranged but physical.

I'll check at some point.
  • Options
    j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

This may not be the best time to mention this, but if you didn't like the mods you had you could have discarded the shotgun and reclaimed it in the dilithium store, and rolled different mods. I decided I wanted a crtDx2, so I just kept throwing it away and reclaiming it until I got what I wanted.
  • Options
    matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    j0hn41 wrote: »
    This may not be the best time to mention this, but if you didn't like the mods you had you could have discarded the shotgun and reclaimed it in the dilithium store, and rolled different mods. I decided I wanted a crtDx2, so I just kept throwing it away and reclaiming it until I got what I wanted.

Are you sure it is re-claimable? Because there is no indication whatsoever that this is possible with the shotgun.
  • Options
    biersteinbierstein Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

It only pulls that kinda damage if you're literally in their face at sword ranges. Even then you're taking serious damage and still have to use abilities etc. so there is down time in enemy faces. TBH the weapon works well for stuff like advanced borg and elachi. The problem is people think it's a free ticket to elite ground STFs and have been losing them for the regulars all day. A shotgun does not equal elite stf time.
  • Options
    j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Are you sure it is re-claimable? Because there is no indication whatsoever that this is possible with the shotgun.

Look in the dilithium store reclaim section. You should see the box the shotgun came in there. I'm pretty sure Because I discarded and reclaimed it a couple dozen times before getting the mods I wanted.

Not sure if that was their intention when including it in the reclaim tab, but its there as of this moment:

Image Here

Notice it's greyed out now because you can only have one on the char at a time.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    j0hn41 wrote: »

Thank you! Didn't know this was even possible :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I upgraded [CritD] [CritH] before I knew you could get [CritD]x2...do you think it would be worth getting? Or, is there an even better stat?