test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clever girl

blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
So, I just took part in an interesting Borg disconnect (ADV) which we failed, would you like to know why. Well we had 3 AFKer's, but not the normal type. See the normal ones will sit at the start and will be reported.

These little cheeky monkeys put me and another guy on follow and self healed and buffed themselves until it ended. I guess thier plan was to make it look like they were helping, but were off watching youtube or making coffee, who knows. I won't post there names but this is what STO-combatlog recorded.

Damage
@ 157,616(606) ZZZZ 20,412(75) YYYY 0(0) XXXX 0(0)

I replace there names with X Y and Z so as not to name and shame. @ was the other guy in the event.

So Captain X healed himself and only himself for 48.761
Captain Y healed himself and only himself for 96.931
Captain Z healed himself and again only himself for 96.931 his damage came at the end after we failed.

Has anyone else seen this happen.
Post edited by blitzsth on

Comments

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is actually a bot that I heard of that acts like this. It is set up to follow another player and spam a rotation of skills.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think it's funny, 2 weeks I have been back in the game and not seen one AFKer and then in one match I get 3 Trolololol
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Their are always AFKers in queues. Cryptic catters to sociopathic behavior by creating these game elements.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • birdforcebirdforce Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Had my first AFKer during MI.. Romulan Dread. Cloaked.. So I just chilled around him until I got hit with what ever it was to cause him to decloaked.. Then flew away.. Not much else I could do.. but I had some entertainment.
  • ummaxummax Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    blitzsth wrote: »
    So, I just took part in an interesting Borg disconnect (ADV) which we failed, would you like to know why. Well we had 3 AFKer's, but not the normal type. See the normal ones will sit at the start and will be reported.

These little cheeky monkeys put me and another guy on follow and self healed and buffed themselves until it ended. I guess thier plan was to make it look like they were helping, but were off watching youtube or making coffee, who knows. I won't post there names but this is what STO-combatlog recorded.

Damage

I replace there names with X Y and Z so as not to name and shame. @ was the other guy in the event.

Captain Z healed himself and again only himself for 96.931 his damage came at the end after we failed.

I have seen this before .. its been around for awhile some guy zones in with 2 or 3 accounts I did one once where I think i was the only "solo" player along with the other guy that brought himself and his alts it was .. well I almost left because that was way overboard. I normally just ignore it and put up with it, but on that one occassion it was me and another guy and hit bots on autofollow with him following me.. so basically I was the only player like there and able to you know think.. everything else was a bots.. I almost left because if i had he would not have been able to continue on his own with his bots.. :P
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I see what you did there OP. ;)

Catched the Zefram Cochrane reference in there too? :D

Oh, and if something like this happens, just report them and leave. The AFKers / Bots. Not the Dinos.
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ransom2375 wrote: »

I was just going to mention the Aussie guy Jurassic Park, but you beat me to it. *shakes fist*
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    D**n man you aren't getting any luck.....

Yeah I finally saw this "tactic" the other night; two OPvP guys actually caught it first; but when we all met in the middle to "Work her back!!!" - that's when I saw what that TRIBBLE was doing. We all reported him. Funny I was kinda hoping the Borg Queen would hit me with her sensor scramble (or whatever) so I could blast him :D

I guess you could say I wanted to "Shoot her!......Shooooot her!"
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    there has been one afk'er and a parasite in mu ive ventured into recently. for the former i sabotaged the efforts by leaving the game during the mu, not content on letting the afk'er take what he has no right to. as for the latter, he was just flying around out upto 100km+ on the map doing nothing for the duration, needing on everything. i even called him out to the team at the time "parasite", but when the m/galxfail fell i got the hell out.

i have done 10 runs so far over 4 toons, so 40 in total, only 2 of them so far have been invaded by these types of players.

got another 4 runs left over 4 toons, 16 left. see whats remains in the final groups..
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • emp0kn0remp0kn0r Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    I was just going to mention the Aussie guy Jurassic Park, but you beat me to it. *shakes fist*

Aussie? AUSSIE???

As a Brit I really must protest my good man! (strokes walrus moustache angrily) :mad:
    "Kill the Cardassians"
    "Which ones?"
    "All of them!"
  • boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Damage

From experience, I can tell you that if you do too little damage, you are still considered AFK and will get the AFK penalty.

Before the anger unleashes: it was in a fleet organized STF, where the others were ultimate DPSers and I was eehr, just starting my build. I got the full penalty, although doing damage ;)
  • genesisdvsngenesisdvsn Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Reporting them does nothing either, reported the same guy in the "Mirror Event" over and over because all he does is sit and need items, and get's them 90% of the time which is more annoying.

Even sent screenshots of him at different points in the event to show he hasn't moved but nadda.

Which thus proves, if your not making a ton of xp and dil at cryptics expense they really couldnt give a TRIBBLE how you exploit or play the game.
    Official Joining Date Feb 2010.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Damage

i thioought that all bots which deal 0 or fail to pass certain treehold damage they will dont get any reward, and get time ban for joining actions.
    if healing is coundting to that damage dealt, then it is very reat mistake done by cryptyc, report it and hope they will fix it is some time.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    just need to code in participation score... how many rifts closed, how many power generators started up... how many ships destroyed... total dps/hp healed...

also need to recode it so that if more than 1 person closes a rift or powers up a generator... it speeds up the process. also getting shot does not interrupt you, just adds time or slows down the induction.

btw what is that bot and where can I find it... would be useful to multi boxing sto for pve content.
  • jtneatjtneat Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sounds to me like some peeps are on a protest, if ya zoom in on their hulls you may find picket boards displaying "No DPS" or something to that nature.

You cant really make this game difficult by upping a few hp here and there, since difficulty normally lives in the manual user based skill library of every game. Generally this also requires another human player as software is just not that smart enough to provide a challenging opponent without increasing its hull points to say 300k and employing what a human would consider "hax".

Simply, this game requires no skills at the users end other than choosing the right build. Its never going to be like sniping another human player from 850m away. Can you headshot him while hes running?
    No difficulty or practice required for this game which is why its going to die as you're on a grind for nothing. Normally the Pve part is for Pvp. But of course... not in this game ;)
  • apollinariusapollinarius Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It happens... Heck, it happens with real players too. For the longest time, I was flying around in a garbage ship because most of my levels came from doing non-combat dailies and Duty Officer assignments. I'd bee too lazy to even pick up my ship when the time came for it, so even though I was flying around and trying to help with a bit of drain and command orders, my main goal was to not be anywhere near where the Borg ships attacked because I'd blow up in seconds.

You're often going to have to carry pretty hard in those... Or someone will have to. Ideally we would all know who to follow, and then at least not die from accidental aggro.

I finally got a good ship now. I was able to solo some cubes I ran into accidentally while trying to find where everyone else went. You won't have to carry me at least :)
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    emp0kn0r wrote: »
    Aussie? AUSSIE???

As a Brit I really must protest my good man! (strokes walrus moustache angrily) :mad:

*tiny voice* I'm a stereotypical uncultured American!

Seriously, I'm HORRIBLE with accents. Not offense intended. My blood is from England, for the record. Sad on my part, yes.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.