test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mac STO still not working. Wow. Time for some new staff, Craptic

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
The Mac client for STO is your product, craptic. You not being able to get it to run after this long is completely unacceptable and makes me think you have Pakleds working for you. You need to replace them.

To date I have bought everything Fed in the game. Except for DR. DR is the beginning of me not spending money on your crappy product. I'm voting with my wallet. You either have the game running in an acceptable fashion or you never see a cent of mine again.

Now, what other games are out there for me to play and spend on?....
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Mac client for STO is your product, craptic. You not being able to get it to run after this long is completely unacceptable and makes me think you have Pakleds working for you. You need to replace them.

To date I have bought everything Fed in the game. Except for DR. DR is the beginning of me not spending money on your crappy product. I'm voting with my wallet. You either have the game running in an acceptable fashion or you never see a cent of mine again.

This is where I stopped reading... Why..? Because it's childish.

And I am fairly sure cryptic devs react the same...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How out we have cryptic pull the devs off of the Mac client, Drop Mac support completely and instead focus on fixing parts of the game that actually matter?
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    time to move to a windows pc... you can still use intel or swap over to amd for the cpu... maybe dual boot intel with windows and mac if that's possible.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    This is where I stopped reading... Why..? Because it's childish.

And I am fairly sure cryptic devs react the same...

Well, if that's how they react then they get no more of my money.

For a client to not be working for such a long time is grossly unprofessional. When people have paid money for a service, one that they themselves decided to offer, then that becomes negligence.

They hired people to take care of the Mac client. If they're unable to get the job that they're paid for done then it's time to let those people go and hire people that can do the job they're paid for.
  • Options
    josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    noctusxxx wrote: »
    How out we have cryptic pull the devs off of the Mac client, Drop Mac support completely and instead focus on fixing parts of the game that actually matter?

While I'm sure there would be 5 or 6 people upset by this if it happened, I'm also sure they would find something else to complain about. :D

But seriously, I've been reading these "zomg pls fix mac NAO or else!!!!" post because they are funny. Wanting the Junior Officer Weekend out on hold until the Mac works, wanting all patches/bug fixes put on hold until the mac Client works... Give it a few weeks and we will see a "Put the Winter Event on Hold Until you Fix the Mac!" post. We all know a post like that is coming. :P

I'm sure the Dev's know that the client is broken. However, the majority of players seem to play on PC's. So the majority of work is most likely done on the PC/ARC. So I'm willing to bet the staff for the Mac side of STO is only one or two people.

The Mac User side of STO is seriously starting to sound... well.... like a bunch of ENTITLED teenagers. Seriously, a new post every week or so is more then enough. Just post any future problems with the Mac into the Mac Part of the Forums. I even gave you a link to it. You're Welcome! :D
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Pfft

Your own fault for getting a Mac

Get a PC.
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's been so long that the game hasn't worked properly for Mac users that it might be time to just drop Mac support all together.

Obviously they either can't or unsure how to fix the Mac issues or, it'll take a lot of resources and time that they don't have right now. Either way, because it is taking so long, most of what was the current Mac users have given up and moved on already now, it's probably no longer worth it anyway.

I do feel for Mac users though.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Pfft

Your own fault for getting a Mac

Get a PC.

I need serious power, speed and reliability for work. PC doesn't cut it.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Fixing bugs is not as easy as many people think it is.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    varekraithvarekraith Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    josan369 wrote: »
    While I'm sure there would be 5 or 6 people upset by this if it happened, I'm also sure they would find something else to complain about. :D

But seriously, I've been reading these "zomg pls fix mac NAO or else!!!!" post because they are funny. Wanting the Junior Officer Weekend out on hold until the Mac works, wanting all patches/bug fixes put on hold until the mac Client works... Give it a few weeks and we will see a "Put the Winter Event on Hold Until you Fix the Mac!" post. We all know a post like that is coming. :P

I'm sure the Dev's know that the client is broken. However, the majority of players seem to play on PC's. So the majority of work is most likely done on the PC/ARC. So I'm willing to bet the staff for the Mac side of STO is only one or two people.

The Mac User side of STO is seriously starting to sound... well.... like a bunch of ENTITLED teenagers. Seriously, a new post every week or so is more then enough. Just post any future problems with the Mac into the Mac Part of the Forums. I even gave you a link to it. You're Welcome! :D

Nope.
    If Cryptic is going to offer Mac support, it damn well better support it.

Some of you guys seriously need to stop accepting this as the norm from game companies.

/PC player
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    No one said it was easy. Using this as an excuse to let bugs linger for years in some cases is just that... an excuse and a very poor one at that.

It's not an excuse.
    They have explained many times their process of finding and fixing bugs.
    Find the bug
    Replicate the bug
    Come up with a fix for the bug

sometimes this process isn't as fast as we like it to be. Not every Mac was affected by the 'mac bug'...there are also some PC players who can't get in the game...
    so they have to figure out why some people can get in and why some people can't. Unfortunately that takes time.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    It's not an excuse.
    They have explained many times their process of finding and fixing bugs.
    Find the bug
    Replicate the bug
    Come up with a fix for the bug

sometimes this process isn't as fast as we like it to be. Not every Mac was affected by the 'mac bug'...there are also some PC players who can't get in the game...
    so they have to figure out why some people can get in and why some people can't. Unfortunately that takes time.

Oh don't worry. If there was a bug that benefited Mac users which received a lot more exp or dilithium, it would have been fixed last month.

Anyway, the game says it supports Mac, and therefore should, yes there are bugs in the game, always be bugs in the game, but this type of excuse or rather 'reasoning' only goes so far.

Fact is, if they cannot fix the bug, then they need to drop Mac support and stop advertising that it does support Mac.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited November 2014

lol I am sorry but that had me going there.... needed that, been a dreary day here.
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2014

HA HAHAHAHAHA HAAH

Wow Thanks for that I haven't had a good laugh in a while
    Like I said getting a Mac was a mistake.
    And this is your punishment

And in the future just because something has an Apple logo on it doesn't make it the most powerful
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    I'm voting with my wallet.

cool now use all that extra cash and get a decent PC instead of that Mac TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    HA HAHAHAHAHA HAAH

Wow Thanks for that I haven't had a good laugh in a while
    Like I said getting a Mac was a mistake.
    And this is your punishment

And in the future just because something has an Apple logo on it doesn't make it the most powerful

everyone is free of using the platform they want for themselves.

you're just an idiot. Nothing more nothing less. The faster you'll get that, the better for the forums and for you.
This discussion has been closed.