test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you Kirk it? No you can't.

sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvP Gameplay
New video with some shiny stuff in it to ease the no-PvP pain while leveling.

Including tests with Jedis Tiberius Dax vs Spalato (t5 Dyson vs t6 Scryer and t6 Faeht vs t6 fed Scryer)
Tests of few OP starship traits and Intel skills ,very OP turbulence, EMP etc.

And few short clips filled with explosions with Faeht in Star Trek Argala with Gizmo and Kripto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akBp0ji8dKc

Enjoy.

(BTW turbulence and few traits are so broken, Devs if you stumble upon this you will see just how broken turbulence is)
Post edited by sharxtreme on

Comments

• sharxtremesharxtreme Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that difference between Ionic turbulence 2 and 3 is huuuuge.
    Combined with other stuns it's devastating and unclearable.
    In our tests we also noticed that Hazards clear it for duration of the hazards itself in pulses of half second, then it comes back, but turbulence still stays and hits even harder after hazards are gone.

Also you will notice just how low damage i'm doing vs spalato's ship when he's standing still and debuffed by FOMM.
    Logs were hilarious, things like Your Enhanced Bio torp HY 2 deals 250(25000) kinetic damage or your Heavy Plasma Lance deals 300(35000) plasma damage.

Many times a bug kicks in(due to some trait?) and all weapons do Physical Damage(zero), which means they don't do any damage at all.
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited November 2014
    sharxtreme wrote: »
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that difference between Ionic turbulence 2 and 3 is huuuuge.
    Combined with other stuns it's devastating and unclearable.
    In our tests we also noticed that Hazards clear it for duration of the hazards itself in pulses of half second, then it comes back, but turbulence still stays and hits even harder after hazards are gone.

You just haven't figured out how to adapt.

The cloud disables, and the cloud re-applies the hazard effect once every half second. First priority: get out of the cloud.

You can do this quite easily by getting the Pilot perk "reckless abandon." This gives your evasive maneuvers 2 seconds of movement debuff immunity, which is just enough to GTFO the cloud. Once you're clear of the cloud (and not having the hazard reapplied every .5sec) you can remove it with haz emitters. Bam, ionic turbulence countered.

If you're being spammed by two players with ionic, get the Emergency Conn Hologram doff and run EPTE with evasive. This will give you sufficient evasive uptime to ignore both.
    I AM WAR.
    edited November 2014
    heckgoblin wrote: »
    You just haven't figured out how to adapt.

The cloud disables, and the cloud re-applies the hazard effect once every half second. First priority: get out of the cloud.

You can do this quite easily by getting the Pilot perk "reckless abandon." This gives your evasive maneuvers 2 seconds of movement debuff immunity, which is just enough to GTFO the cloud. Once you're clear of the cloud (and not having the hazard reapplied every .5sec) you can remove it with haz emitters. Bam, ionic turbulence countered.

If you're being spammed by two players with ionic, get the Emergency Conn Hologram doff and run EPTE with evasive. This will give you sufficient evasive uptime to ignore both.

Well, I figured out the thing with the cloud, but as i said, combined with other stuns(which are what most call disables) is completely unclearable(is that even a word? lol)

Also if you notice that when I was hit few times i activate evasives with active Oberth/APO/A2D, nothing helped to escape the cloud, while my resists/defense go into negative with full shields, full power. It just stops the ship when using the right combo and there is nothing you can do about it.

Thanx for adaptation advice, but it needs more then that I'm afraid. I'm still learning T6 skills and traits(don't have pilot and intel maxed out yet).

Also that Hold/repel shaking proc is not reliable on IT2 on my ship, i tested it on Spalato with 49 pts in SubD(i presume it boosts turbulence proc even if tooltip says nothing about it). Some others also noticed that IT is cleared by some passive skill
    On IT3 spalato was able to proc it EVERY time, and we did like 30 runs with Dyson, Scimi and Faeht vs his Scryer.

Granted, i don't have starship traits or full Intel/pilot spec yet like he does and fighting such ship in my ships was like 5tiers of difference, until i level up.Then we will see where i need to patch.
    Not having Evade Target lock on my Faeht was also a disadvantage, but i jumped straight from PvE to test Intel Team and turbulence2.
    And like i said Intel Team is not useful at all in 1v1. If you're already targeted Intel team does nothing, if you're not, enemy can see you but not target you.(even NPCs)

It's a completely different ball game then before. Tac captains will need to heavily adapt to amount of disables, stuns, semi and hard nukes and perception loss when you're about to finish the enemy.
    Couple all that with Doffed TBR with 400-500 in partigens and you will need completely new tactics.

All this al is valid in 1v1. In full game with more intel ships it will be about evading strategy, more then ever before.
    But one thing is for sure. SCI/ENG/Int team need to clear some stuff because there is no counter to most stuff. Before you could counter/add resist to everything.
    Now you can't.
    Running away with evasives is no counter/clear.
    edited November 2014
    Keep in mind that you got a bunch of new debuff cleanse powers with the intel and pilot spec trees. Evasive with "reckless abandon" isn't the only one.

With the new "predictive algorithms" trait, your weapon enhancement powers (BO, CRF, spread, HY, etc) can now clear debuffs just as handily as hazard emitters.

You also get a placate remover via "redundant sensors" in the intel tree, and a way to keep your engines going even when offline via "maneuvering thrusters" in pilot tree.

Ionic turbulence doesn't really bother me any more. It was scary the first few times I got hit with it, but I kept fighting the folks spamming it (Hobos, eww) and figured out ways around it. Now my T5-u Nicor beats the hell out of their fancy T6 shinies. You don't have to use evasive to run away - just use it to get out of the cloud, turn around, and murder whoever put it on you :p
    I AM WAR.
  • brle1950brle1950 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I so hope they change the way certain things work. Or at least cut the duration and dmg (Surgical Strikes) vs players by 50% or add disable immunity or do freaking anything about anything concerning pvp. Unfortunatelly my favorite part of our testing session didn't make it into the video showing that you don't have to move at all to kill people in that flying toilet seat thing intel cheesed out. In a month or two, if the game is still around and people who bother to pvp still play it, basically then when most of the pvpers will have their desired ship/ships and traits pvp will be a desaster to play lol

I mean pvp doesn't require much love, it could maybe do even without any. But it for sure doesn't need an assassination attempt with every new season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    brle1950 wrote: »
    I so hope they change the way certain things work. Or at least cut the duration and dmg (Surgical Strikes) vs players by 50% or add disable immunity or do freaking anything about anything concerning pvp. Unfortunatelly my favorite part of our testing session didn't make it into the video showing that you don't have to move at all to kill people in that flying toilet seat thing intel cheesed out. In a month or two, if the game is still around and people who bother to pvp still play it, basically then when most of the pvpers will have their desired ship/ships and traits pvp will be a desaster to play lol

I mean pvp doesn't require much love, it could maybe do even without any. But it for sure doesn't need an assassination attempt with every new season.

Well, maybe i will make small addition to this vid where you just stand there and still win.

As for PvP, only small thing to do is to make some stuff perform differently in PvP(like they do with rep stuff which do more damage vs certain type of enemies)
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, this reminds me our internal test and yes, intel stuff need to be countered in some way. Still figuring out how at the best of our possibilities, but i think we need to cap our intel spec trees first to see the final results.
    Btw, failsafe scramble visual effect is very very UGLY. Cryptic pls fix it lol :P (no really, fix it)
    edited November 2014
    Pro tip: if the disables from viral torps bother you... look into inertial damps.
    I AM WAR.
    edited November 2014
    Pro tip: if the disables from viral torps bother you... look into inertial damps.

Thanx for pro tip.
    I have 6pts in ID on romulan tac and 4pts on fed tac you both see in vid + Doffed A2D + maxed aux in these scenarios i have shown.

Now i have pro question.
    Are you suggesting i should use all my sci consoles for dampeners ?
    And another.
    How much ID would you suggest to "counter" those things?(that's not a counter, it's a resist)
    And another serious question.

Seriously guys, none of you noticed or is bothered that I was dead stopped with A2D on, all 4 full powers, evasives, intel team and i was pulled like a doll and then i was nuked and even couldn't clear nuke with ST?
    I know it all happens in 5 secs or so but watch it.

Spalato also didn't noticed it.

But thing we both did notice is how low damage was from my fully buffed HY on his naked hull (11k max)
    and plasma lance (17k max). 90% of time we tested my HY2 would do like 0.3k damage, or 1% or 0.5% of RAW while he was standing still and his shield facing was down.

But i will max out my intel and pilot spec tree before we do another test.
  • brle1950brle1950 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

During our test he had absolutelly no reason to be bothered by viral torps since I don't have that trait.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bwemobwemo Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We actually did a few 2 scryer vs 1 scryer with me on the short handed side to see if cheese can at least attempt to combat cheese. 6 kills in a row were the same hilarious result.... decloak... do damage/disable, desperate repairs negates everything I just did, then a yo-yo between 2 ionics begins while emp pulse probes keep me disabled 100%-0%. Literally goes into you're watching a movie mode when 2 people dump all the cheese at once. Fluidic comes up every so often as usable while disabled, but its 50/50 to actually be a trap, the console will go on cd and you'll never enter fluidic state.

Now, I was laughing pretty hard because I fully expected the result of time chaining all the cheese onto 1 person but seriously, there was once a time when a Cryptic employee said "Not having control of your ship in a game removes the fun" essentially. They've walked a tight line of sticking to that over the years. That line just got paint remover sprayed all over it. PvP today just setting up random matches and keeping the per cheese factor equal on both teams was actually really fun, but everyone knows, the 5 scryer cheese teams will eventually appear if there's a rebirth of the queues after everyone finishes hitting 110/upgrading etc.

PS: Finn is the solution to Intel Cheese. If your FPT (Finn per team) ratio is greater than your CPT (cheese per team) ratio, you've already won.
    edited November 2014
    bwemo wrote: »
    We actually did a few 2 scryer vs 1 scryer with me on the short handed side to see if cheese can at least attempt to combat cheese. 6 kills in a row were the same hilarious result.... decloak... do damage/disable, desperate repairs negates everything I just did, then a yo-yo between 2 ionics begins while emp pulse probes keep me disabled 100%-0%. Literally goes into you're watching a movie mode when 2 people dump all the cheese at once. Fluidic comes up every so often as usable while disabled, but its 50/50 to actually be a trap, the console will go on cd and you'll never enter fluidic state.

Now, I was laughing pretty hard because I fully expected the result of time chaining all the cheese onto 1 person but seriously, there was once a time when a Cryptic employee said "Not having control of your ship in a game removes the fun" essentially. They've walked a tight line of sticking to that over the years. That line just got paint remover sprayed all over it. PvP today just setting up random matches and keeping the per cheese factor equal on both teams was actually really fun, but everyone knows, the 5 scryer cheese teams will eventually appear if there's a rebirth of the queues after everyone finishes hitting 110/upgrading etc.

PS: Finn is the solution to Intel Cheese. If your FPT (Finn per team) ratio is greater than your CPT (cheese per team) ratio, you've already won.

Yep, those were fun games tonight. It took long to fill first match but then it took off, after i spammed "X up" for half an hour and even queues are filled now.

Did regular arena just minutes ago, can you believe it?

And yes, it was incredibly balanced when you balance Cheese/heals.

And i did actually escape turbulence many times tonight, but TBR got me almost every time i died tonight.

Anyway ton of fun after that long of no-PvP.
    It is actually very playable, not even close to BS as I thought it would be.

granted you can build 5man cheese teams, but where is fun in that.

BTW TBR is almost at season5 state of broken now. everyone and their mom is usnig it.