test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix the trays!

kell69kell69 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Controls and User Interface
Fix The Damn Power Bars Now! I Am Sick Of Loseing My Power Try Every Damn Time I Do Somthing!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by kell69 on

Comments

• damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Would someone PLEASE fix the darn trays! I am getting sick of pugging into a mission and finding out Oh hey, I got NOTHING there, and having to scramble to put things back.
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All my characters have to stay in space, unless I want to spend time resetting the power tray every time I switch to a ground map and back to space, everything is reset.

This takes the cake though, dropped off 'turn in contraband' at ESD, returned to my ship to face the usual resetting all the skills when I noticed my ship lost a freeking boff station (Uni En). I had to land back at ESD, deselect my ship then re select it again for the freeking station to reappear. Then back to space resetting my %^$^# power tray AGAIN.

Before the last patch my Doff Space actives would reset, that bug seems to have been fixed, but right now this tray reset is far worse.

Also space items are still un-equipping and being dropped back into inventory.
  • fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same issue here, when ever going from ground map back to space.

Only fix I've found, after trying every trick and tip listed on the forums is:

****staying in space****
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Every time I switch from space to ground my boff tray resets, too, and the saved load out doesn't restore it. I have also, on occasion, had 1 or 2 items be removed from my ship and put in my invenyory, but it's not very often. I've never lost a boff station though. That's a new one to me.
  • staunchzeelestaunchzeele Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am having the same problem. The trays will work fine for a day or two and then the tray will reset to some weird configuration, the Doff selection will reset so it's empty and or gear will be moved to my inventory.

Rearranging the gear, doffs and tray layout and saving it to a loadout doesn't do anything to help.

This needs to be fixed!!

What's the point in having loadouts if they don't work!! :mad::mad:
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    it's not a bug, it's a feature.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It IS a bug, they're trying, and they can't seem to identify the problem.

Pay attention once in a while.

Edit: Or better yet, tell them what you've done so they can recreate the problem on internal servers. You know, instead of posting an 'order' which doesn't help.
  • goroda52goroda52 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well difficult to tell all the tricks I have tried to settle the matter, at the end I succeed to fix trays at 90% per ship

but if my current ship trays are ok, being in the new Romulus system, launching the mirror stf every thing is fine. But... coming back from the stf fulfilled to the romulan system still mix up the powers in the ship's trays, not much, one or two powers revert to a previous location

as the lastest trick I used on all my ships was:
    - set everything ok and check even the hidden trays being in a system
    - save in outfit
    - take out an item in my inventory (simple item: no specials granted or part of a set)
    - recall the saved outfit
    to my opinion, some powers are not saved in outfits at all and so they default somewhere else in the trays

for ground trays, with no outfits available can't do much, some powers keep coming back in a 'default' position
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I guess I've been lucky so far. Only one instance of a complete tray TRIBBLE up since DR launched.

On the other hand, this game bug seems to have a fondness for removing two of my battery stacks from either the tray, or from the ship altogether. Nothing else, just two stacks of batteries from the device slots. Weird.
  • st0rmwyvrnst0rmwyvrn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh my gosh, please please please please please fix this!!! It doesn't matter if I stay on space maps or anything, whether my tray is locked or not, I still have to rearrange my tray EVERY TIME I SWITCH MAPS! This recently even if I don't do anything to change the "preset" that comes up. It makes the game almost too frustrating to consider playing any higher than say level 29. This is the case with all of my characters!

:eek::mad::(
  • ompgaming1ompgaming1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Holy TRIBBLE this issue is HORRIBLE.

Do the devs even know this exists? I didn't see anything in it recent patch notes listing this as a know bug.
  • chad4231chad4231 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same just happened to me when i left earth spacedock, even after putting everything back in place my "miracle worker" is still missing & no azure freighter icon available, i`m level 58 & never had this happen before.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ompgaming1 wrote: »
    Holy TRIBBLE this issue is HORRIBLE.

Do the devs even know this exists? I didn't see anything in it recent patch notes listing this as a know bug.

They know, there is a thread in the forum asking for help in tracking it down, it seems as common as the problem seems to be they are having a hard time getting to happen in house, which makes figuring out why it happens hard for them to do.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1254191 is the thread, in the Bug report Forums.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There trying?

This bug in a way has been around for years, lets be honest here, they just are not bothering.

How many more years? 2? maybe 3?
  • chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    fewzz wrote: »
    There trying?

This bug in a way has been around for years, lets be honest here, they just are not bothering.

I'm in complete agreeance on this one. This "Bug" has been here since the introduction of the system in seasion 8 or 9. since loadouts came out. Now it was fine till the first update past release, after that...well the saying goes "It's all downhill from here". But in all seriousness, There are thousands of people having this problem and their excuse is "were having problems tracking it down"? In a time when it has never been more prevalant in the larger community. TRIBBLE looking at in house builds, they have proven their in house builds can't tell then TRIBBLE with all the bugs they keep releasing. look at live.

@Cryptic.

I'm sure you can look at code while people are playing to get your answers. I'll even offer my services and team up with you to help, as my main character has the problem ALWAYS no matter what I've tried! So please use me and my account!
  • cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is only happening on my fed toon all other races seem to be fine (for me anyway) hope this can be fixed with the next patch
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes, please! It is frustrating to find something missing from my tray when transferring space maps. This should be high up on the list of things to fix soon.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kell69 wrote: »
    Fix The Damn Power Bars Now! I Am Sick Of Loseing My Power Try Every Damn Time I Do Somthing!

I think you missed the word PLEASE! in this....:mad:
    JtaDmwW.png
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    PLEASE FIX THE POWER TRAYS.

I have been playing this game for 2 years and it seems that AT THE START OF *EVERY* SEASON/EXPANSION this happens. Please, Devs, find a permanent fix for this! This is EXTREMELY DISRUPTIVE to the experience of the game.

At this point you must know what causes this and know what needs to be done to make the power trays to no longer be affected again by the season/expansion changes.

It has been almost a month.

PLEASE FIX THE POWER TRAYS.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This problem happens on all my chars I've found out today that my kdf Sci cat(c-store unlock) RogueCat@wilbor2 traits unslot. Not sure if it happens every time I change from ground map to space as game crashed again so I did not bover logging back again.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ghyudt wrote: »
    Every time I switch from space to ground my boff tray resets, too, and the saved load out doesn't restore it. I have also, on occasion, had 1 or 2 items be removed from my ship and put in my invenyory, but it's not very often. I've never lost a boff station though. That's a new one to me.

Yeah I have the exact same problem. I was never able to save a load out. That feature never worked. What is even more annoying is that from time to time a console or even a weapon will be removed from my ship and placed in inventory. I usually find out at the end of a mission when I open up inventory to open materials rewards. I almost sold one of them by accident the other day...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes, please fix the trays.

It's one of the more annoying bugs.
  • dracarus2013dracarus2013 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've had similar problems. Specifically, I equip shield recharge & Hypo's to my character but they dont show up on the trays at all. Quite annoying.
    Raith Va'lek(Federation Human, Tactical) -- U.S.S. Thalindor
    Krayat(Klingon Alien, Tactical) -- I.K.S. Sa'Tan
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just left the mirror event, and back on ESD noticed things in my inventory that should not have been there. Went into my load out and had devices and weapons in console slots and a console in a device slot... it was totally messed up. This was after I'd spent a good 10 mins earlier trying to sort out my messed up tray.

Ticket submitted... for what it's worth. :(
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah there is another technical problem when you add new gear onto another ship and then find out it does a switch a - roo inventory. Gets really messy if you our of space too. The only way to solve it to dump out everything then save the layout like 4 times.

PWE needs to send one of their testers home and let him or her get on the game load up a few ships with various ship layouts and tray layouts. Switch out a few times. No excuse if they can't re-create the issue. Hire one us to help then. Get us on a live web cam via conference call so we can tell DEV what the issue is.

Really need someone on East Coast instead on West Coast (HQ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • chuckingramchuckingram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    fewzz wrote: »
    There trying?

Exactly right. This problem went on for months and was then fixed. It reappeared when DR came online. Considering the nature of the bug, the tray should rock solid, not an afterthought.
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here's a response that's a little more helpful than just saying "Pay attention once in a while.":

Official response from Cryptic on 10/15/2014 about the issue and what they need to know when reporting the issue:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1254191

Basically tell them the steps that you take to reproduce the issue, in as detailed as possible steps.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
  • ocean114ocean114 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here's the thing. I'm not a beta tester. I'm a customer. I have a bit of programming experience, so I know debugging can be quite the challenge sometimes. I'm not going to take time out of my day to "reproduce the issue". I have better things to do. I came here possibly looking for a solution, and there isn't one. I have a solution. I'll just stop playing the game for a little while.