test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

space trait warp theorist bug?

lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
the skilldescription say you get increased with that skill all your energielvls.
if you take the skill i have noticed that all energylvls same so nothing is changing with it.

the skill is bugged and gives nothing or the skill works on another way?:confused:
Post edited by lostmoony on

Comments

• darthvrooksdarthvrooks Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Warp Theorist simply boosts your starship warp core potential by +10 points and your EPS transfer rate as well. This chart here

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Skill:_Starship_Warp_Core_Potential

Shows the points per level. If you've already got a lot of points in that skill it might boost your power by .25, not enough to really show up on the indicator. My main is an engineer, I've only seen the power level numbers change a couple times and that was when I had certain consoles in.

Or maybe it's bugged, not that things get bugged in this game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In game handle @darthvrooks
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah +10 to Warp Core Potential is only going to boost your power levels by a very small amount.

Also don't look while in sector space; you need to be in system space.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    so if it really is only 0.25 Points adding to energylvls then this skill ist absolutly useless.
    0.25=nothing

in the past it was not possible to Switch traits on /off to see what they really do so i have think all the time this is a importand one.:rolleyes:

thx for the info.
  • colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just tested it myself.

I was pretty banged up but in my case here is an approximate.

My Power Transfer Levels increased by around 8%

My power levels ticked up 1% in some cases but I think that was just taking on a fraction and bunping it over.

This is really dependendent on where you have skill points whether its "useful" to you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    my power lvls not moving any 1%, i have try out many energylvls and nothing is changing on anything.

100% useless trait.:D