test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demolition Teams Space Trait does not work properly, Ticket ID #2,828,675

albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The Demolition Teams space trait will not stack beyond 3 debuffs, and because it requires 5 debuffs to activate, the trait simply will not work.

I tried this in PVE, and also confirmed it in PVP with a friend (it is stated that Tactical Team will clear the debuffs, so we just sat next to each other within the required 2 km radius).

I filed the bug report in game, the ticket ID is # 2,828,675

Thank you, I look forward to a swift fix for this issue.
Galactic Horde.
Post edited by albinovampire987 on

Comments

• albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Quick bump as this power still does not work.
    Galactic Horde.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can confirm that the stacks never go higher than 3. The timer that removes stacks seems to be shorter than the timer for adding them so it can never get to 5 and detonate.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Issue verified. Thanks for the reports.
    STO QA Team
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Can I just say that it seems rather daft to have a space trait at the end of an all ground tree? Seeing as it isn't working anyway is it possible we could get a ground power instead?
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Can I just say that it seems rather daft to have a space trait at the end of an all ground tree? Seeing as it isn't working anyway is it possible we could get a ground power instead?

All Captain Specializations reward a Starship Trait. That's just the way the design works.

One could argue that it'd be equally silly to have a Starship Trait affect your ground combat experience.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • trelane87trelane87 Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I don't mind it, the theme of the trait is in line with the specialization... I'm more annoyed with having to swap between secondary specializations, one is space and the other is ground, should just be able to use both at the same time. Same goes with having to swap out ground and space traits :P
  • albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    trelane87 wrote: »
    I don't mind it, the theme of the trait is in line with the specialization... I'm more annoyed with having to swap between secondary specializations, one is space and the other is ground, should just be able to use both at the same time. Same goes with having to swap out ground and space traits :P

Once you complete the commando specialization it unlocks that space trait, you don't need commando active to be able to use it.
    Galactic Horde.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All Captain Specializations reward a Starship Trait. That's just the way the design works.

One could argue that it'd be equally silly to have a Starship Trait affect your ground combat experience.

Bridge Officer Mastery and Specializations could fix that!

I imagine it would be frustrating from a code end but I would enjoy the ability to add specializations to existing BOffs.
  • lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    this bug was Report many times and no bugfixing.

the other think if it will happend anytime that it will be fixed.
    the range from the skill Need to be increased for 1-2km, ist to short.
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Adding my name to the list of people also experiencing this bug. Hope y'all fix it soon. Looks like the timer on how long the stacks last is just too short.