test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Holodeck Disconnect Issues [Resolved]

Comments

• burninglogburninglog Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No Star Trek?!?!?! This means I may have to deal with real life... thank the trickster for xanax. Maybe I'll just blast a few hundred zombies while this gets fixed.
    Get some helper monkeys in there guys, they can crawl right into the server and tinker with stuff, seriously.
  • nyt1nyt1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rectii wrote: »
    some...?? right.....

I ran a 'tracert' to us1.proxy.crypticstudios.com and got this:

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/guidetron/trace_zpsca3310ac.jpg

its just one hop before the server.....prolly their outside mirror....

Yup same issue here when I do it also.
    10 22 ms 22 ms 21 ms be2005.ccr41.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com 66.28.4.7]
    11 46 ms 45 ms 46 ms be2137.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com 154.54.43.194]
    12 88 ms 205 ms 210 ms te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.34]
    13 55 ms 52 ms 52 ms 38.111.40.114 14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 46 ms 45 ms 57 ms us1.proxy.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.152]

Trace complete.
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A reply tells us they know, and knowing is half the battle! GI JOE!
  • darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    szim wrote: »
    :eek: It's like an ongoing chalkboard screech. ;)

to true lol
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • rooskarooska Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    STO is currently experiencing issues which may be affecting gameplay

Understatment of the year OR WHAT?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaming Rassie 2014 goes to this lot..............................
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Im not being funny, a MMO that is up 24/7, its only means of income being the players, and the majority playing on the weekend, and no one in to fix the problem come on. There must be a team in over the weekend.l

It seems to me that there's enough people on hand to fix the problem. And we're in a forum thread that was created by someone from the team.
    shinra84 wrote: »
    Oh, c'mon, we wait few hours to get official info... and still we dont know how much time they need to fix it... Where is your professionalism guys?

The official response was fairly quick. I'm sure they looked at the downtime immediately, and wanted to do some error tracing before jumping into the forums with no information at all.
  • wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    cryptiecop wrote: »
    Would be very nice if the ability trays were also looked at :eek:

Amen times 1,000!
  • rooster4368rooster4368 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This has been a known issue with pwe's east coast data center for years!

No need to "look into it" when the problem is glairing at you with glowing green eyes.

Pull the covers down off your heads and fix it already.

I thought this was what was happening, having issues almost every day with connection thought it was my end but any other game I play I have no problems. And yes I'am eastern time Ohio. Hope they get this fixed will be much appreciated. And i will stop pulling my hair out :)
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »
    There are plenty of other doom threads out there for you to complain in. Have your fun in there! ;)

But in reality, it's a game, which is a mess of code. Whenever there is a big update with any software product, there are always launch issues. The length of the recent patch notes only goes to show how hard the team is working at bug fixes and post-launch adjustments - and doing a good job at it.

True, it's a game, build on a mess, and continued to be build upon that mess. As each well respecting developer should do : Pull it down and rebuild it from scratch upon a more modern engine. Except, this is Cryptic and they are far from self respecting.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My thanks go to Trendy for going into the office during the weekend to help resolve the current difficulties! :cool:
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    szim wrote: »
    :eek: It's like an ongoing chalkboard screech. ;)

I have always had a soft spot for the crazy opera guy, you can hear in selected places when playing STO. Suffice to say, the music video in question will not be saved as a favorite. :P
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My thanks go to Trendy for going into the office during the weekend to help resolve the current difficulties! :cool:

here here *drops a truckload of bacon on trendy* you deserve that bacon for helpin us out =)
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I do what I can.
    For science.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    noshuffle wrote: »
    As each well respecting developer should do : Pull it down and rebuild it from scratch upon a more modern engine. Except, this is Cryptic and they are far from self respecting.

While there are places in the forums to troll about your problems with the game, there are no places to insult the team members at Cryptic. Keep it classy, please.
  • darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    to the team again

i have been talking to a few guys i no who no about these type of problems,
    they suggest that you shut down the server it self for 5 mins and restart and that should solve the problem...

and it might be a problem with your internet (aka Internet service provider)
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • kyoukiseikyoukisei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If all else fails please use the same rapid repair method I use.. If all else fails.. Use a hammer!

BTW... I love talking about nail art *grins* wanna see my new nail work?
  • stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Argh the Tribbles are Dead. LMAO. Cryptic have no more left. Were all DOOMED LMAO. What shall we do with no STO to play. Maybe go chat with our real life friends or even play a good old Board game. Oh No thats torture. ROFLOL.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    But Trendy, what if it turns out to be MAD science?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • karriqkarriq Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Unfortunally for Trendy there is no weekends for Fleet Command! :D
  • rectiirectii Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We're looking into the connection issues that some Captains are facing. We apologize any turbulence you might be happening during your warp.

I'm currently in discussion with the team in regards to the instabilities and will let you know once we have learned of a solution to the matter.

Update ~2307UTC:
    darkdazmad wrote: »
    to the team again

i have been talking to a few guys i no who no about these type of problems,
    they suggest that you shut down the server it self for 5 mins and restart and that should solve the problem...

and it might be a problem with your internet (aka Internet service provider)

nooo...and yes. The trace routes tell the story....it's not the Server.....it's the fiber T interface the server has with the ISP. And you can bet they are on the horn to (prolly AT&T, or maybe Verizon) the ISP issuing dire threats...
    (please note that the exasperated guy you banned twice for being a ******* is actually the voice of reason here, pwlaughingtrendy ;)
    The Game itself is nothing. The playing of it...? Everything !!
  • verentrazaverentraza Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm just glad that all the people who posted on the original thread assured me that this was more than a local problem.
  • ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Everybody that has Deutsche Telekom as ISP seem to have issues.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• steven74205steven74205 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kyoukisei wrote: »
    If all else fails please use the same rapid repair method I use.. If all else fails.. Use a hammer!

BTW... I love talking about nail art *grins* wanna see my new nail work?

Absolutely! I'll put it on my "to-do" list: Item #34. Just after pairing up all my socks. On the plus side, you're ahead of Item #35: Learn Portuguese.
  • zunderdomezunderdome Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ilhansk wrote: »
    Everybody that has Deutsche Telekom as ISP seem to have issues.

Not only "Deutsche Telekom", seems to effect all ISP...

EDIT//
    All german ISP...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is Crypticverse...
  • proteusblackproteusblack Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *in Indian accent*

"This is Cryptic Tech Support... thank you for calling...

Is your computer plugged in?

This is very much a common mistake...

Please press and hold the delete key for 20 seconds while pressing down the right ctrl key 17 times...

If this does not work, please flash your bios and reformat your main hard drive... Thank you very much for calling Cryptic tech support, please come again!"
  • dharkmandharkman Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello all,

You seem to have missed that if it was a connection, or a hop or routing issue there is one question no one has asked yet...

... This is a world game, with two servers and many people on different continets. So, the trace route is simply doing you no good as there are players from around the world who are having the same issue along with STO Dev stating there is an existing issue with BOTH servers.

So... stop doing usless things and simply know that STO is broken. wait... i mean really brokem... for those of you who didnt understand... it simply means its really, honestly, for reale broken.

So... simply find something else to do unless your life revolved around sto... and if that is the case.. i am so very sorry for you.

Have fun... and again... i am still playing... how about you? :P
  • tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kyoukisei wrote: »
    Not sure what's going on but god help us if the servers were built by YOYODYNE Industries...

No, there's just too many TRIBBLE, switches and blinking & flashing lights :D
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Too many cooks...
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • deathomightdeathomight Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hope it gets fixed soon, been happening for hours...
This discussion has been closed.