test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Winter Event

13»

Comments

• captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    More likely they'll surprise us by not giving us anything at all.
  • karlrichekarlriche Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chainfall wrote: »
    Maybe they will surprise us and the world and give us the ability to T6ify any T5-U we choose.

What is missing from the T5-U that matters?

It will likely be a t5, since all event ships get free upgrades to t5-u

and if its a fast ship, then its likely a tactical; and on ice indicates Breen.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It will be a Tier 6 ship. Why would people grind or use Lobi for an outdated ship? There needs to be "free" Tier 6 ships available and I expect this ship will be similar to the Guardian and Dauntless ships with them having only a Lt. Intel slot.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    karlriche wrote: »

It will likely be a t5, since all event ships get free upgrades to t5-u

and if its a fast ship, then its likely a tactical; and on ice indicates Breen.

What is missing from T5-U:

13th (or 11th? I know it was an odd number...) bridge officer slot.

Any sort of access to Intelligence space abilities.

Starship trait unlock at T5 Mastery. (Admittedly, if you try hard enough and pay enough, you'll have more traits than slots, and these traits can be used by any T5-U or higher ship)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    depends. both ways you stop completely. rolling moves you a little, assuming you rolled the right way. a good roll takes a bit of fore thought. sometimes you need to stop on a dime.the race for the ship tokens isn't PvP. you have to do the course faster than an NPC who is so slow that a REALLY fast racer can beat the NPC of the person ahead of them.

thanks so much! Sounds like it'll be ok then for me.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    think theres a video on youtube but I think its an old event so some stuff might not be there but worth a look in any case.

scratch that this ones from last year.

part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBjWCikCtkE
    part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYym4bf1Cs

Again, thanks for this guys.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    karlriche wrote: »

Ship traits. T6 also have one extra boff ability slot, but T5-U have one extra console slot so that part balances out at least.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    talien wrote: »
    Ship traits. T6 also have one extra boff ability slot, but T5-U have one extra console slot so that part balances out at least.

It does not balance out.

First of all, only fleet-level T5-U ships get the extra console. Furthermore, fleet T6 (like the Hazari and Benthan ships, and the already-announced-but-not-yet-released fleet versions of the ships in the Ops pack) ships get that console as well, without losing the extra bridge officer slot.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    It will be a Tier 6 ship. Why would people grind or use Lobi for an outdated ship? There needs to be "free" Tier 6 ships available and I expect this ship will be similar to the Guardian and Dauntless ships with them having only a Lt. Intel slot.

Because it's still one of few "free" T5-U Ships ... and if it's a Carrier, it'll be the only "free" T5-U Carrier (no T6 Carrier at all, doubt free-Breen is going to be the First) ... besides not everyone already got the other "free" Event Ships ...

... there is also the matter of the other 2 Ships, you can probably still grind for as well ... so they'd either have to upgrade them to T6 as well, or they'll be completely obsolete ... that's probably the reason, why every Event Ship is already T5U, in the first place ...

PS : You could have asked the same question, for most events, that ever happened in STO ... Event-Ships were always "outdated" ... worst example : Dyson Science Destroyer, to release the 9-pack soon after ...

... the other thing that doesn't add up here, why does Cryptic still sell T5U - Upgrades for "outdated Ships" then, because they obviously do ... since there are still Upgrade Tokens in the Store, I'd bet money on the Event Ship being T5U ... otherwise "Upgrade Tokens" will become "outdated" ... maybe they are, but Cryptic is not gonna agree with it ... according to Cryptic T5U is "competitive" not "outdated", and if they release a T6 Event Ship, they're basically shooting theirselves in the foot ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.