test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server downtime Nov 8th, 2014

Comments

• sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Doing the CE was a bit more exciting than usual today, had to get back in after being booted, with the timer really not helping. :P
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    seabee22nd wrote: »
    same here and still no word from craptyc. which is exactly why i wont pay them for a lifetime,

Well, my entire nights gaming is shot. And not even a community manager post (who I've tweeted) on here.

So much for the "extra communication" :(
  • demuderdemuder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Dev's don't seem to work on the weekends so they probably aren't even aware the server is down unless they play it themselves or read the forums.

Just tried logging in again, same thing happening.

Not going to bother raising a ticket. All they do is send out a reply saying report it as a bug.

Of course they don't. It's not like the weekend is the busiest time of the server. Why would a network manager keep an eye on the server/traffic ?

It's good thing though that someone took the time to tweet a reminder of the DOFF event we shouldn't forget about. No matter we can't actually play.
  • karriqkarriq Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    seabee22nd wrote: »
    same here and still no word from craptyc. which is exactly why i wont pay them for a lifetime,

I already paid...Even before this sale. Seems they got too many lifetimers and stoped to work at all. :\
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Merged a couple more threads about today's server crashes
  • kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Maybe now is the time to play all those games i bought on steam:D
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • dragos1980dragos1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Disconnecting becoming too d@mn frequent. WHAT IS GOING ON!?.. fix your SH*T PW you bunch of morons.

And on a side not thanks for NOTHING with "Starfleet Dental" fleet and their endless grief play and harassment for days on end with ZERO repercussion. Your EULA enforcement is a F*CKING JOKE. DO your companies policies mean NOTHING?! This is borderline lawsuit stuff going on with these cyber bullies/ terrorists. DO SOMETHING besides collect money and suck at game moderation
  • rtekkenerrtekkener Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I really doubt that they are going to inform us about whats going on.

I still remember a few weeks ago when there where connection issues from Europe to their Servers for DAYS without a single peep from Cryptic.
    At one point their "Community manager" postet this: http://imgur.com/28Ce0OS
    only to then go Home and never talk about it again, single most unprofessional thing i've seen in quiet some time.

First go "hey i update you guys ASAP" and then TRIBBLE off and post nothing but useless TRIBBLE on
    twitter.

Hilarious.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    51 pages and NO RESPONSE from Cryptic this is just plain stupid on there part:mad:
  • cuisicuisi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oddly enough it seems like every time I'm about to earn a faction reward I get disconnected...
  • cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shdw420 wrote: »
    Same here, been going on nonstop for over 5 hours. Lots of people in my fleet as well.

There appear to be plenty of people who arent getting d/c at all though, whenever i log back in to my mirror games everyone is still out there fighting.

I'd like to think that 200$ sub I bought last week wasnt for nothing, or premature. This better not be a recurring thing with this company.

5 times i was d/c'ed from MIN and 4 other's from the team with me, but its happening everytime i login cant even get to que for a match of anything
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    what I find interesting is there is no response from Cryptic

Not really. Most likely means noone is in the office to push the reset button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Merged a couple more threads about today's server crashes

how about giving us some useful infomation or trying to get some.... seems more important then linking threads
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Tell me about it. I got booted out the Mirror event about 7 or 8 times, it was really frustrating. I feel really bad for the others in my group. :(

I didn't know there was a problem and only logged in for the event. If I'd known, I wouldn't have bothered with a queued event.
  • nativejoenativejoe Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And this is when Cryptic responds : Due to the programers inability to solve the current issues we are shutting down Star Trek online indefinetly. there will be No refunds. Thank you for your patronage.

Please enjoy our other games... when they come back online
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ok that's it for me for today. Crashed 8 times during the last MU run. If taking the servers down for maintenance is any help, DO IT! The game is unplayable right now.
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not really. Most likely means noone is in the office to push the reset button.

I think the problem is that the reset function keeps timing out... somehow...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • ewilpwnyewilpwny Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ive had this since about 19:20 (GMT) and its now 21:50 i cant even stay on for 2 minutes before im kick off again

Same here so I give up trying for today.
    See you in space :D
    Seruk@HoodedSandman
  • astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    casbyness wrote: »
    It's working! The players are being forced back to their own Universe!

:)

Thank you. That gave me a good laugh.

Giving up now... and returning to my own universe.
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
    edited November 2014
    nativejoe wrote: »
    And this is when Cryptic responds : Due to the programers inability to solve the current issues we are shutting down Star Trek online indefinetly. there will be No refunds. Thank you for your patronage.

Please enjoy our other games... when they come back online

watch how fast people would be on the phone with the credit card company:D
  • neokineoki Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    shdw420 wrote: »
    Same here, been going on nonstop for over 5 hours. Lots of people in my fleet as well.

There appear to be plenty of people who arent getting d/c at all though, whenever i log back in to my mirror games everyone is still out there fighting.

I'd like to think that 200$ sub I bought last week wasnt for nothing, or premature. This better not be a recurring thing with this company.

I've purchased the delta pack and lifetime sub within the past 2 weeks, and ran into the Steam dilithium exchange game breaking bug, and not receiving the daily event item to contribute on the reputation page for the event when I complete Mirror. Now the servers are taking dumps, I feel cheated and scammed at this point.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just tried to get on, and I'm seeing a red light on the server status.
  • starfleetmacostarfleetmaco Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just noticed that I'm having the same issue here when I just logged in STO. It's pretty bad, I get disconnected every 2-3 minutes and I rarely disconnect due to issues on my end. Please fix it, it's getting really annoying.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    it efects neverwinter to they posted on twiter they are working to resolve problemhttps://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    meanwhile at cryptic: http://youtu.be/kfj0sRiEqx4
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
    edited November 2014
    sammyspet1 wrote: »
    how about giving us some useful infomation or trying to get some.... seems more important then linking threads

Surely you jest merging threads is way more important than getting us a response :D
    edited November 2014
    Just tried to get on, and I'm seeing a red light on the server status.

Yeah server status is red but you can log in anyway. The problem is you won't stay logged in for long. :D
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hell, I can't even log in at all. Launcher is showing the server status as being in the red.
  • mrsinister82mrsinister82 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Apparently a member of cryptic is finally at the office now to restart the server. Only problem is, they forgot the keys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Surely you jest merging threads is way more important than getting us a response :D

Do you really think it's a mod's job to ask for information and post it on the forums? He's a moderator not a community manager or a dev :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.