test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please extend mirror event Cryptic

thelatathelata Member Posts: 124 Arc User
with all these server downtimes and being ill for over a week im going to miss the reward by one day :( cryptic please can you extend the event by a few days at least:confused:
Post edited by thelata on

Comments

• Options
    captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I almost thought we weren't going to get this thread.

It's not going to happen. Sorry. They've never done it before and they won't start now.
  • Options
    kmhkmh Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hoping Cryptic/PWE will consider / reconsider . . . extending Mirror Event. Probably gonna fall on deaf ears . . . but still no harm in the request.
  • Options
    jep1416jep1416 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kmh wrote: »
    Hoping Cryptic/PWE will consider / reconsider . . . extending Mirror Event. Probably gonna fall on deaf ears . . . but still no harm in the request.

They did it last year when the server went down for a long time during the MU event.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Is it might imagination or didn't the Mirror Event used to be a weekly one? They used to have the Mirror, the Vault Shuttle etc, on certain days...before I think, new Romulus.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kayajay wrote: »
    Is it might imagination or didn't the Mirror Event used to be a weekly one? They used to have the Mirror, the Vault Shuttle etc, on certain days...before I think, new Romulus.

You're thinking of the old mirror event before they introduced the revamped version earlier this year. They dropped the hourly events in favor of doing limited and weekend events earlier this year right around the time the anniversary happened.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    +1

/10 chars
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
    Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
  • Options
    cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We still have Sunday for even more downtime :D:D
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jep1416 wrote: »
    They did it last year when the server went down for a long time during the MU event.

I'm pretty sure that that was for at least a day. It hasn't been down that long this time. And no, they won't count cumulative. :rolleyes:
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    they should at least consider this...
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jep1416 wrote: »

That was when it went DOWN. Right now it's highly unstable. If we can play, no matter how little, it will be our own fault for refusing to constantly relog. This is PWE.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They have extended events in the past, maybe they will this time as a good will gesture after the recent "issues". I'm sure we will hear more about this on Monday. For now I just hope that they can get a fix in shortly. It does kind of wreck the whole Doff weekend as well, a double whammy for the players.
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The hourly event thing was dire as the timings for a lot of the decent events tended to favour the US playerbase unless you were an insomniac. Getting them as a "special" is a better thing although seeing 3 events so close togather and so near to an expansions release smells like someones worried about bums on seats.

State of things today are:

By the time you log back in the thing has been done and you get nothing to show for it other than a timer on the event.

Try a different character and meet the same thing.

Either keep looping until by some miracle you get a completion or think sod it there are more stable games that dont fall flat in the face of people being able to get xp.