test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need help with my Scimitar...

v1ctor1stv1ctor1st Member Posts: 183 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Romulan Discussion
I have the Falchion Scimitar (T5-U) and i simply cannot get the thing to go above 11k DPS on ISC Normal...yet im seeing other ships hit 16 to 18k...

Heres all of my specs and build...

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=falchionmk1rombeams_3696

I moved up from the Fleet D'Deridex...and to be honest there is only a 2k DPS difference between what i got from the D'Dex and this Scimitar :(

Any help would be appreciated!
AhvtPz9.jpg
  • "You know when that shark bites, with its teeth dear... scarlet billows start to spread..."
Post edited by v1ctor1st on

Comments

• tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    v1ctor1st wrote: »
    I have the Falchion Scimitar (T5-U) and i simply cannot get the thing to go above 11k DPS on ISC Normal...yet im seeing other ships hit 16 to 18k...

Heres all of my specs and build...

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=falchionmk1rombeams_3696

I moved up from the Fleet D'Deridex...and to be honest there is only a 2k DPS difference between what i got from the D'Dex and this Scimitar :(

Any help would be appreciated!

Scimitar building guide:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=14262681
  • ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I run a scimitar, and have run it in both A2B and non-A2B configurations.
    There are a couple of changes I recommend...

1. Drop the torpedo. In a beam boat, you actually have lower DPS with a torpedo. If you must have one for some reason, you have been given advice.

2. With A2B, you want EPTS and EPTW. You are missing EPTW.

3. TSS with A2B?

I hope you have at least 2 purple technicians for A2B use, if not 3.

Try the following BO setup....

LCDR Uni EPTW1, A2B1, DEM2
    ENS Uni PH1
    CDR Tac TT1, APB1, BFAW3, APB3/ APO3
    LT Eng EPTS1, A2B1
    LT Sci HE1, ST2

If you want a little more hull healing, make the LCDR Uni ET1, A2B1, EPTW3

The LT tac ability in the CDR BO station is the one you should not be using. I know, not using a BO skill is heresy, but use the APB3 or APO3 one where possible.
  • v1ctor1stv1ctor1st Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the tips!

ryakidrys... i followed your advice on getting rid of the torp and rearranged the sci and some of the engineer abilities (losing TSS for instance and getting EPTW and EPTS) but kept a couple of the heals.

Conduit Advanced.. clocked in at 26k DPS :D

More than happy with that...im gonna see if i can transfer some of the loadouts i leanred over to the old Fleet Excelsior on my fed character, already changed the tac consoles to all crit chance and seen the DPS rise on the excelsior to 15k on a 7 beam rom plasma loadout, highest that old ship has got so far.
    AhvtPz9.jpg
    • "You know when that shark bites, with its teeth dear... scarlet billows start to spread..."
    edited October 2014
    v1ctor1st wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips!

ryakidrys... i followed your advice on getting rid of the torp and rearranged the sci and some of the engineer abilities (losing TSS for instance and getting EPTW and EPTS) but kept a couple of the heals.

Conduit Advanced.. clocked in at 26k DPS :D

More than happy with that...im gonna see if i can transfer some of the loadouts i leanred over to the old Fleet Excelsior on my fed character, already changed the tac consoles to all crit chance and seen the DPS rise on the excelsior to 15k on a 7 beam rom plasma loadout, highest that old ship has got so far.

You are welcome. I'm glad I could help give you some ideas you could make use of that you are happy with.
  • ouroboros99ouroboros99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm thinking of getting a scimitar and doing something like this with it.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=dbbs_0

The second 360 ap rear beam would be the one from the obelisk set, the other a crafted beam from t15 beam R&D.

Basically you'll still get all beams firing to one side like with the old aux to bat scim set ups, only now 5 of them will be DBBs instead and the side will be the front.

Currently you can only do this with anti proton because you need that second back beam from the obelisk set to match up with the one crafted one you're allowed to have, and it's an anti-proton beam.

Might also be worth swapping BO2 and FAW3 for BO3 and FAW2 instead, depending on how much you like decloak/alpha/omega3/BO shenanigans. Of course if you do that you can all but guarantee the stupid AI overloading one of your 360 assbeams forward instead.
    edited November 2014
    I'm thinking of getting a scimitar and doing something like this with it.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=dbbs_0

The second 360 ap rear beam would be the one from the obelisk set, the other a crafted beam from t15 beam R&D.

Basically you'll still get all beams firing to one side like with the old aux to bat scim set ups, only now 5 of them will be DBBs instead and the side will be the front.

Currently you can only do this with anti proton because you need that second back beam from the obelisk set to match up with the one crafted one you're allowed to have, and it's an anti-proton beam.

Might also be worth swapping BO2 and FAW3 for BO3 and FAW2 instead, depending on how much you like decloak/alpha/omega3/BO shenanigans. Of course if you do that you can all but guarantee the stupid AI overloading one of your 360 assbeams forward instead.

The major issue I see is the half A2B setup. Honestly, you should use 2 copies of Auxillary to the emergency battery skill to make it all work best. Just use the bridge officer setup I presented previously as a base setup and tweak as you go.

that should help out.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Aux2Batt is a crutch, uses up half your doff slots and nerfs your science skills to sh*t--use Porchsong and Ryansto's 100k DPS build instead. It has 2x BFAW3, 2xTT, and some other stuff that I can't remember but was absurdly awesome.

Plus, the devs have pretty steadily nerfed aux2batt; the guys I mentioned don't use it anymore because they get better results from 2x BFAW3.
    edited November 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Aux2Batt is a crutch, uses up half your doff slots and nerfs your science skills to sh*t--use Porchsong and Ryansto's 100k DPS build instead. It has 2x BFAW3, 2xTT, and some other stuff that I can't remember but was absurdly awesome.

Plus, the devs have pretty steadily nerfed aux2batt; the guys I mentioned don't use it anymore because they get better results from 2x BFAW3.

I can understand where you are correct in the A2B is a crutch and it limits DPS.
    The OP started out with an A2B build. I figured it's easier to provide a tweaked build instead of telling someone to totally change the thing up. As it was, there has already been a marked improvement, which is the carrot to help someone get ready for that non-a2b setup advice.

Expecting anyone else to hit that 100k and higher DPS is really stretching things.

As for non-A2B, I run a scimitar with an engineer, with 1 tac vuln console, with 7 beam arrays that are MK XII VR CRTDx2 romulan plasma and 1 experimental one. The pet is just an advanced romulan drone. With that, I was recently able to reach 30k DPS with some fleet mates. None of us are on saxfires, porchsong, ryansto's, etc. level of ability. On a tactical toon, with attack pattern alpha, fire on my mark and even go down fighting, you should have several things helping you attain much higher DPS than the 30k I can reach with an engineer.

If you'd like a non-A2B bridge officer setup to try out, try the following....

LCDR Uni TT1, APB1, BFAW3
    ENS Uni ET1
    CDR Tac TT1, APB1, BFAW3, APB3
    LT Eng EPTS1, EPTW2
    LT Sci HE1, TSS2

1 APB1 you won't use....

3x purple/ Very Rare Damage Control Engineers
    1 Warp Core Engineer to boost power levels on EPTx use
    2 Maintenance Engineers to reduce engineering team cooldown
    edited November 2014
    Wouldn't ST2 be better than TSS on that sci boff? It's good for removing debuffs, makes the build more adaptable.
    edited November 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Wouldn't ST2 be better than TSS on that sci boff? It's good for removing debuffs, makes the build more adaptable.

I guess it depends on what you want. I normally play more as a tank minded player, so I want the extra damage resistance for the shields on top of what I get from EPTS. Maybe science team is better for the tactical DPS minded play style. It's certainly easy enough to switch from one to the other to try it out to see what works best for your play style. I know that more aux power makes TSS give better healing over time and better damage resistances to shields, while Sci Team doesn't get boosted by power levels.
    edited November 2014
    ryakidrys wrote: »
    I guess it depends on what you want. I normally play more as a tank minded player, so I want the extra damage resistance for the shields on top of what I get from EPTS. Maybe science team is better for the tactical DPS minded play style. It's certainly easy enough to switch from one to the other to try it out to see what works best for your play style. I know that more aux power makes TSS give better healing over time and better damage resistances to shields, while Sci Team doesn't get boosted by power levels.

ST is better for all-around, but TSS and doffed TSS can be better if the enemy isn't pulling sci skills on you...

Eh. TEHO I guess.