test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

best ways to earn ec?

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
someone could tell my what are the best ways to earn ec. With this upgrade system, i need millions of ec. And i have difficulties to earn good amounts of ec.

for now i sell material packages, + some stuff from drops.

i have upgraded 1 dhc from MK XIII to MK XIV, i have used more than 2 millions ec (superior cannon upgrade).

so, ideas?

btw; i won't buy keys; I have used this trick during a time, but for now i won't spend money in this game
Post edited by sennahcherib on

Comments

• Options
    trezlanlorentinotrezlanlorentino Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    someone could tell my what are the best ways to earn ec. With this upgrade system, i need millions of ec. And i have difficulties to earn good amounts of ec.

for now i sell material packages, + some stuff from drops.

i have upgraded 1 dhc from MK XIII to MK XIV, i have used more than 2 millions ec (superior cannon upgrade).

so, ideas?

btw; i won't buy keys; I have used this trick during a time, but for now i won't spend money in this game

How good is your gag reflex? Do you have any shame? Have you ever considered the wonders of having things surgically implanted inside of yourself?

For serious though blowing things up and collecting what's left. The undine space adventure zone used to do wonders for my EC's pre delta rising and you get undine marks for uhhh stock piling?
  • Options
    pewpewphazorspewpewphazors Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1. Find something profitable to sell
    2. Keep selling it
    3. Don't tell anyone
  • Options
    darkdog13darkdog13 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    1. Find something profitable to sell
    2. Keep selling it
    3. Don't tell anyone

This

If we told you what to sell everyone else would as well meaning no profit or if we tell you where to farm crytpic will nerf it.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well market speculation is my plan. Last winter event, I bought 200+ uncommon commodities that at the beginning sold around 2 mill ec each. Longer term investment than most are willing to make in a game, and if the devs choose to do away with those commodities, I would be out my ec.

For the record, market speculation is not illegal, just frowned upon. :P
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Well market speculation is my plan. Last winter event, I bought 200+ uncommon commodities that at the beginning sold around 2 mill ec each. Longer term investment than most are willing to make in a game, and if the devs choose to do away with those commodities, I would be out my ec.

As a general tip yes long term investments are great like the leech box for feds when it came out and was available you could get one for less then 1 million per these days its over 30 million and heading to 40 mil.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Buy a load of stuff required for doff missions (available from replicator)

Stick it on the exchange at an inflated price.

Alot of people still buy it because they have so much money they will buy it anyway.
    (cant be bothered to leave the exchange during shopping spree)

Rince and repeat.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Buy a load of stuff required for doff missions (available from replicator)

Stick it on the exchange at an inflated price.

Alot of people still buy it because they have so much money they will buy it anyway.
    (cant be bothered to leave the exchange during shopping spree)

Rince and repeat.

I don't know how you would make money doing that i usually buy the commodities from the exchange because they are cheaper the the replicator (sometimes you can even get them for less then the sell to vendor price)

Unless you thinking of something else.
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Do the 15-minute timed "Tour the Galaxy" daily - just by visiting all known sector blocks, you can earn up to 475,000 EC each day.

Also, instead of recycling loot drops, sell them to a vendor for a slight increase in the amount of EC you get back.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sell all blue (rare) crafting mats (unless you craft), some sell for over 100k. I made 37 million in minutes selling all my z-particles.

'2for' deals work wonders.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    darkdog13 wrote: »
    I don't know how you would make money doing that i usually buy the commodities from the exchange because they are cheaper the the replicator (sometimes you can even get them for less then the sell to vendor price)

They still seem to sell (albeit slowly), I dont know why but every now and then they just get all bought up at once (long after they were posted)

I don't bother much as EC has always been easy to make - but I used the method to make EC for various alts.

Perhaps people have become more frugal with the rise of DR.
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I bought a lot of rubidium before patch when it was cheap. Made over 200m :P

The best way is indeed market speculation. Other than that;

- Sell blue R&D materials you get from doff missions and R&D packs from stf's.
    - Do undine space battezone. With my massive dps build I gain around 90% of all loot dropped in my area. That's a full (extended) inventory every 15-20 minutes.
    - Sell doffs. Won't say how I get doffs, figure that one out.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    resell the only good and easy way to be rich in mmos ,buy for one price and sell for a lot higher
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    SELL KEYS - Nuff said

or open Lock Boxes and get rare items like Boff etc, sell on the exchange - everything else is very time consuming and slow in process. I imagen that you wish to make quick and easy EC, well only way is the way I described.

Good luck
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    lordkhoraklordkhorak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Beat up the guys in this thread who have loads of EC, and have them send it to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Longer term investment than most are willing to make in a game

The wise player plays the long game, as in buying something low and then waiting 30, 50, 100, 200+ days before selling it.
    darkdog13 wrote: »

Food for the chef/bartender chains, consumable batteries, etc.. People will pay for the convenience of having stacks of it readily available and not needing to go to a specific place to get it. Plus if you roll a KDF you get mountains of free commodities from marauding so you can afford to sell stacks of 250 commodities for lower than replicator prices since, well you never paid for it in the first place so you don't have to worry about ROI.
    stark2k wrote: »
    SELL KEYS - Nuff said

or open Lock Boxes and get rare items like Boff etc, sell on the exchange - everything else is very time consuming and slow in process. I imagen that you wish to make quick and easy EC, well only way is the way I described.

Good luck

R&D packs might give a better EC return per unit than keys these days, but I haven't checked in a few weeks.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.