test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

look just saying sorry.

zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
the ( omg lol ) was not ment to offend anyone. I didn't even think about the hitler refrence. that clip has been dun over a million times and I just like all the different takes people have on it.

so just sating sorry. and didn't mean any offence.
I cant brain I have the dumb
Post edited by zzzspina01 on

Comments

• vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah you can legally own a spaz12 shotgun with an extended clip and lasersight for duck hunting but hitler jokes, now THAT's over the line !!!11

Also our brains will melt if we see a pair of hooters on tv while we sitting there with nukes in our backyards
  • drakie79drakie79 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why should a Hitler reference matter? They use ships called Musashi, Akagi, Yamato and so on....yet people raise an eye brow at one named Bismarck? Crazy!!!!! lol What next a R&D group called Unit 731???
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zzzspina01 wrote: »
    the ( omg lol ) was not ment to offend anyone. I didn't even think about the hitler refrence. that clip has been dun over a million times and I just like all the different takes people have on it.

I thought it was hi-larious! :) There was nothing offensive about it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    drakie79 wrote: »
    Why should a Hitler reference matter?

My thought exactly...

It's about 70 years since the guy shot himself, and most of the people who suffered under him are dead ...

It's the past... I mean... No one gets girly about Napoleon, Alexander the great or Emperor Nero right..?

People need to move on... really..
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well probably the thread was removed for more than one reason:

a) The Hitler parody has been done over eleventy billionty millionty times

b) It was mocking a Dev.

c) Hitler would only really be directly offensive to those who were alive when he was, so the rest would have reported it to jump on the "offense" bandwagon and thus reported it with no real foundation to their concern.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Emperor Nero

Nero fiddles...Narada burns.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    ironmako wrote: »

c) Hitler would only really be directly offensive to those who were alive when he was, so the rest would have reported it to jump on the "offense" bandwagon and thus reported it with no real foundation to their concern.

There are still people alive today who suffered through that era, plus there are children and grandchildren of the victims - families that still suffer today from the things done then.

Glad to see you pair think other peoples pain is less important than your so called humour. I hope nothing ever happens to your families that people can keep throwing in your face over and over.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    at some point people have to just grow some skin and stop being offended by words.

I could get all bent out at the political opinion above for example, but its not worth it, opinions vary on the topic and its not the right forum to discuss it --- and I choose not to report it as a political infraction / offensive statement because its just not worth the trouble.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    There are still people alive today who suffered through that era, plus there are children and grandchildren of the victims - families that still suffer today from the things done then.

Glad to see you pair think other peoples pain is less important than your so called humour. I hope nothing ever happens to your families that people can keep throwing in your face over and over.

A parody is a parody. Ever seen 'The Life of Brian'? Brilliantly funny too. And yes, it's a parody on Jesus' era; but it's all in good fun. I am of the belief, that when no offense is intended, none should be taken.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can see why some people might find said video offensive, but I am not one of them. I thought it brilliant and commend you for finding/posting/creating it. People should learn to lighten up; those events are from a terrible time, granted, but people shouldn't be afraid to laugh at the past, especially since we're here to laugh about it.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
    edited November 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    I can see why some people might find said video offensive, but I am not one of them. I thought it brilliant and commend you for finding/posting/creating it. People should learn to lighten up; those events are from a terrible time, granted, but people shouldn't be afraid to laugh at the past, especially since we're here to laugh about it.
    A parody is a parody. Ever seen 'The Life of Brian'? Brilliantly funny too. And yes, it's a parody on Jesus' era; but it's all in good fun. I am of the belief, that when no offense is intended, none should be taken.

Well, if you two are so sure of yourselves, why not start cracking 9/11 jokes in New York, or IRA bomb jokes in London (England), fancy telling TRIBBLE jokes in Berlin perhaps?

No?

You're all so big and brave behind your keyboards, taking swipes at people who have suffered terrible pain and loss at the hands of a mad man.

Lets hope karma pays you back in kind - so the rest of world can laugh at you.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Who was offended? I was just annoyed by this TRIBBLE so many have taken to heart, where they're absolutely certain that everyone HATES everything about the game in general and DR in particular.

I for one don't, and given the number of ships I fly past every time I play, a fair number of people agree with me.

Oh, and ironmako is right - that particular meme was run into the ground years ago. Somebody needs to find another movie clip to use.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • goldenlion619goldenlion619 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, if you two are so sure of yourselves, why not start cracking 9/11 jokes in New York, or IRA bomb jokes in London (England), fancy telling TRIBBLE jokes in Berlin perhaps?

No?

You're all so big and brave behind your keyboards, taking swipes at people who have suffered terrible pain and loss at the hands of a mad man.

You really need to get over yourself.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Nobody was cracking TRIBBLE jokes...

The video was from a film, and subtitled to incorporate this very game. If anyone was being joked about, it was Cryptic, it just so happens that the video being used was from a film that had Hitler in it. It was no doubt more the setting and scenes that worked to the advantage of the author.
    Nobody took a swipe at anyone.
    You must be a barrel of laughs at parties. :rolleyes:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
    edited November 2014

Other people? Allow me to Explain something VERY clearly to you.

I am English, born and bred. BOTH my grandads (from my mothers side and my fathers) were both English soldiers in the war. My grandmother on my mothers side was originallly from East Prussia. She had a war-time romance with my grandad and were married right up till their deaths in their elderly years 22 hours apart. My grandmothers family were part of the many who had to make a mass-exodus from Prussia when Russia invaded and were part of the thousands who walked hundreds of miles in the freezing winter. Most of her family escaped, but some were captured and sent to Siberian salt mines. some survived that ordeal, but not all.

So despite my family suffering unthinkable pain and trauma on both fronts, even they could crack jokes about Hitler & Co. They didn't find anything war-related offensive, I don't, and nor does anyone with any grey matter between the ears.

So yeah, if you found it offensive, then I suggest you call your ISP and ask them to disconnect you, because it is obvious the internet is not the place for you.

You must be one morbid person in real life, and I pity you, for your lack of humour, intelligence and individuality.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zzzspina01 wrote: »

It was a bit borderline...but you can CLEAN it out or use another analogy:

Napoleon (Mr EP-executive producer D'angelo) at waterloo or Nero (again Mr EP) before burning rome....I'm sure you can come up with more new ones.

Did you actually made the subtitles? Great work but just need a bit of a clean up and community manager cannot close for "dissent" :D
    DUwNP.gif

• sanusisanusisanusisanusi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014

I can only imagine how twisted out of shape you must get when Hogan's Heroes comes on...
    sig2.jpg
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can only imagine how twisted out of shape you must get when Hogan's Heroes comes on...

hogans heroes was about a POW camp...not a concentration camp. didn't feature hitler, didn't cover the atrocities, etc.

napolean fought a war, same with alexander, they didn't attempt to commit genocide or experiment on people. classing hitler with them or nearly any other conqueror/general/leader does a disservice to those leaders.

he was in a rarefied class that few others fit into. thinking he was the same as any of the others just shows your ignorance or stupidity depending on how old you are.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think this thread should be laid to rest before things get carried any further.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
    edited November 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    I think this thread should be laid to rest before things get carried any further.

Agreed. I also hope that the Mods will ignore ridiculous "I'm offended by everything" reports in future.
  • josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2014

This. 100% this. Was I offended by something made in a honest attempt at a laugh? No. I have doubts that there was ever any malicious intent behind that video. Heck, I watch the "Hitler Reacts" videos on YouTube sometimes because they are funny. It doesn't make me a horrible human to laugh at something when it was meant to be funny. I'd start saying "Godwin's Law" is going to be brought up, but I think that was already done a few post ago.

Remind me to NEVER tell you a joke. :rolleyes: Here's hoping you never discover George Carlin. Because if you thought that video was offensive, then Mr. Carlin will REALLY make you upset. :D
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And with a little song my karma shall close this thread ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ82cwTCYDs
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • sanusisanusisanusisanusi Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    <snip>...

he was in a rarefied class that few others fit into. thinking he was the same as any of the others just shows your ignorance or stupidity depending on how old you are.

Please re-refer to my post and point out to me where I said anything of the kind. Might I also suggest that you refine your reading comprehension before passing judgement on the ignorance or intelligence of others.

Cheers! :P
    sig2.jpg
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Please re-refer to my post and point out to me where I said anything of the kind. Might I also suggest that you refine your reading comprehension before passing judgement on the ignorance or intelligence of others.

Cheers! :P

hmm, thought the space was enough to separate the reply i gave you when i started posting to the rest of the thread, not to mention the rest had nothing to do with what i quoted...
    hogans heroes was about a POW camp...not a concentration camp. didn't feature hitler, didn't cover the atrocities, etc.

just that bit was for your post. hope that clears up your confusion.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited November 2014

You mean to say.."it was hitlarious"? *sunglasses*
    edited November 2014
    josan369 wrote: »

Because if you thought that video was offensive, then Mr. Carlin will REALLY make you upset. :D

1) I've not once said the video upset me - feel free to check. In fact no one has asked what rattled my cage in this thread, people have just made assumptions to why.

2) I've watched most of George Carlin works on YouTube, same goes for lots of stand ups. Roy Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson are 2 of my personal living favourites.

3) George Carlin won't be upsetting any one any time soon, his heart just isn't in it :P (and, according to this thread, as it's a joke, it's not offensive).
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I saw a U.S.S. Swastika once, it was a TRIBBLE reference, or an older swastika from 1200+ years ago?

Strange thing is if they never used that icon, no one would bat an eye at it, it would still mean eternity, and strange enough, it still does.

But true enough, it is history, ugly, but history, the swastika was distorted and taken by a "later" group in another part of the world.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    betayuya wrote: »
    I saw a U.S.S. Swastika once, it was a TRIBBLE reference, or an older swastika from 1200+ years ago?

Strange thing is if they never used that icon, no one would bat an eye at it, it would still mean eternity, and strange enough, it still does.

But true enough, it is history, ugly, but history, the swastika was distorted and taken by a "later" group in another part of the world.

Yeah, it is tragic that a nasty group can ruin a perfectly good symbol. It might take another 1200 years for that symbol to mean something else.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    True that, it is always what is done with a icon that makes it bad, I still find it just stupid when one that blatant is used without know what is was and WHY it's a bad idea.
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The apologies are always welcome, however lets not open a thread about comments that have been removed, closed etc.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.