test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not all Spec Points were returned?

jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
A fleetmate (who isn't on the forums) lost 23 spec points in spec-gate but only had 10 returned.

How does he get the rest of his points back?

He submitted a ticket and got nowhere (this is despite him having IMPROVED PREDICTIVE ALGORITHMS slotted which can onl happen if Intel is fully specced with 30 points - he sent a screenshot of his account).

Wondered if other people still had the same issue that not all their points were returned and GMs are totally unhelpful saying they cannot do anything further despite being given proof that he had AT LEAST 23 points removed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
Post edited by jackal1701apw on

Comments

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    be happy he got 10 back instead of being banned...

gotta give in a little. the result we've gotten is improved communications with the developers. Sorry, but he should um... quit while he's ahead?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    lol - instead of being banned? he never did japori.. he played 24/7 from DR launch on elites doing the patrols teamed with lower members of fleet pulling them up through the ranks.

It wasn't his fault that XP rewards on elite were 5x what they should have been nor the teaming mechanic was not working as intended for the last 5 years.

What is the point in the devs saying that they are giving everything back and then not doing that?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How does he get the rest of his points back?

I think it is called, playing the game.

He will earn them back as he plays, without taking advantage of any bugs / exploits / cheats.

So, missions / STFs and so on. He should get them all back over time - the actual time is should have taken to start with.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, the devs claimed that was an exploit... lmao...

I know, honestly it's not fair... but the devs are really smarting right now so... let's not keep kicking them
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I only got 5 back out of 6... and merrily moved on without a peep. :) Seriously, I got 5 more points restituted than I ever thought I'd see back. Sometimes you just need to take the deal, and STFU.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I only got 5 back out of 6... and merrily moved on without a peep. :) Seriously, I got 5 more points restituted than I ever thought I'd see back. Sometimes you just need to take the deal, and STFU.

Cool, glad to hear you got something back

@ the OP, sorry to hear about your friend. They need to send a notice to customer support and include the ticket# from the support tool (because they should have filed a support request too). Good luck.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Cool, glad to hear you got something back

Well, here's the way I see it. Remember 'The Year of Hell'? (No, I'm not talking about the introduction of DR). That guy managed a 98% restoration of the Krenin Imperium, yet he couldn't let it lie, and just *had* to get the rest too. Well, we all know how well that worked out. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    yer he has filed a ticket and gotten nowhere with it despite escalations. thing is they asked for proof he had the points (probably thinking there was no way he would have that proof..)

Only he does as like I said the trait that only unlocks when you max the whole intel tree is slotted in his active ship traits bar.

Anyway, its just sad - I thought I would try to see if anyone had had any luck with getting them back on here... he is a guild leader and frequently livestreams his play on twitch (with hundreds of followers) but he is just so exacerbated by it all. I will be sad to see him go...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    yer he has filed a ticket and gotten nowhere with it despite escalations. thing is they asked for proof he had the points (probably thinking there was no way he would have that proof..)

Only he does as like I said the trait that only unlocks when you max the whole intel tree is slotted in his active ship traits bar.

Anyway, its just sad - I thought I would try to see if anyone had had any luck with getting them back on here... he is a guild leader and frequently livestreams his play on twitch (with hundreds of followers) but he is just so exacerbated by it all. I will be sad to see him go...

Yeah, getting only 10 back out of 23, I must admit, that sucks a bit. Still, it's probably the best deal he'll ever get.

Oh, and don't be fooled by Customer Support asking for screenshots. They're simply morons, and *always* ask for that, as part of their follow-up delay tactics. I filed a report about points having been unjustly taken from me too, earlier, and they asked for a screenshot to show they were unjustly taken! Hello Kitty!?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Try having him pm smirk, and include the details and screenshot of his proof.