test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Encounters of the Rare Kind

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
It would seem that lately, there has been quite a bit of posting by Cryptic Devs and PWE employees here on the forums. I think some three change posts were made yesterday, and there was an introduction post made earlier today? That's atop all the ones that have already happened (though I believe most, of not all of them were posts, rather than a new topic).

Either way, it's nice to see and that, don't get me wrong, but why the sudden interaction with us?
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    flash525 wrote: »
    but why the sudden interaction with us?

Damage Control, trying to stop the nosedive in active players ... lets hope they manage to make this game enojoyable again ... at least there is a glimmer of hope, now ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Maybe they do want this game to actually continue?
    they have people working or volunteering to monitor the forums. These would see the reactions on the forum, which have been quite intense over the last weeks. The main claim was that it was not useful posting on the forums, as no-one would read it.

The only way of silencing the mob, is to show that you are listening. This is what they are currently doing. Personally for me, this is working and I do encourage them to continue. Hopefully they continue to read our reactions and take actions on it.

It does not mean that they have to do all that we want, but it does mean that they show that they are considering our feedback, which is the least they should do.

I can only say: keep it up.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I think that someone's realized that long term, more communication makes people happier. In the art threads, whenever Taco or another member of the art team says, "that would be great, but there's no way to do it with our current schedule," it's gone well.
    Hopefully, when it comes time to "fix" pets, things will have calmed down enough to have a reasoned discussion. (It is kinda cool having my Scorpions survive for up to a minute at a time during Mirror invasion.)
  • vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I actually wonder if even with the dumb 300 second between posts, if they're STILL getting bombed so heavily here on the forum, to the point of needing more people to deal with it.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I suspect it's just so that when they are ready to bend us over again, they can say something like, "from our interactions with players on the forums, we have determined that..."

Personally, my confidence in Cryptic has fallen to an all-time low.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why the sudden interactions? I have my own suspicions about that. Note that I have no actual solid proof for this, so take it for what it's worth. These are just my suspicions. Here's what I think is going on.

Alright, so we need to go back to when Branflakes left. Check out this post from Smirk:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18027351&postcount=45

Specifically, this part here:
    After BranFlakes departure, Cryptic/PWE hired a new Product Manager to oversee publication and keep everything on schedule, and bring up to date info the the players.

Now check out this post from the new guy on the team who just introduced himself:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1286391

Notice what the new guy's title is? Product Manager.

Now, according to Smirk's post, the Product Manager is responsible for getting up to date info out to the players. Guess what wasn't happening with the old Product Manager? Now that we have a new guy in charge of that, guess what we just saw in the last few days?

I suspect that the old Product Manager who was mucking things up got the axe. This new guy was brought in to clean the place up and the recent flurry of posts is his first pass at attempting to rectify the communication issue.

At least that's what I think is going on here.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    New PWE PM is a welcome here no matter what all you detectives and crystal ball seers have figured it out. But upper management should take note of all us players on the forum that plays STO hourly, daily or weekly. Feedback should reach all through the divisions there at PWE (aka CST). I am all for it! There are a lot technical problems that needs to be address. But in all they're making right by us with the added a new PWE PM.

Now hopefully I can go back to my many hours of game play. I haven't been doing that much playing though. My GF have notice that and said how come your not playing your favorite Star Trek Online game as much? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    Now hopefully I can go back to my many hours of game play. I haven't been doing that much playing though. My GF have notice that and said how come your not playing your favorite Star Trek Online game as much? :(
    You were supposed to answer: "Because I want to spend more time with you, sweetie!" :D
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    You were supposed to answer: "Because I want to spend more time with you, sweetie!" :D

Very true! I do though like you said! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!