test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Console - Zero-Point Energy Conduit Mk XIII] doesn't work correctly

fightingexplorerfightingexplorer Member Posts: 75 Arc User
edited December 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I upgraded my Zero Point 2 days ago to Ultra Rare Mk XIII. (Holodeck)
It's working fine until today - now the 2 % crit Bonus isn't working anymore.

Tested it on different ships/situations.

The +2 Power Subsystems and +22,2 Power insulators is working fine but the crit stats aren't changing anymore. :rolleyes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Shak - Fed/Rom - Sad Pandas Scort-Veteran - Known Haxxor
Shak'Re - KDF - Soehne von Khaless (Svk)
T'Shara - Fed/Rom - 58. Geschwader
Post edited by fightingexplorer on

Comments

• promesapromesa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hello,

I have the same problem. Upgraded my console to epic mk14 and the 2.2% crit chance doesnt register at all. It came back once or twice but its gone when I leave the map or when I place it on another ship.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My crit chance is not working on mine ether :mad:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I will add in that mine (mk 14 very rare) does work. This seems really strange.

Would everyone for who it doesnt work please add which rank and rarity it is?

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • zombiedeadheadedzombiedeadheaded Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can confirm that this is happening again for me.
    edited October 2014
    guilli88 wrote: »

Rank and rarity is not a factor.
  • fightingexplorerfightingexplorer Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    guilli88 wrote: »

Its mk 14 Ultra rare since a few days and its still bugged.
    Sometimes the critchance is showing sometimes not. Really strange. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its mk 14 Ultra rare since a few days and its still bugged.
    Sometimes the critchance is showing sometimes not. Really strange. :rolleyes:

That would coincide with the fleet shield issues I've been having. My fleet shields randomly have lower stats.

Something really wrong with the upgraded items then :/

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • fightingexplorerfightingexplorer Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Any update on this? Any chance this will be fixed in the future? :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    still no crit and no Subsystem boost after upgrading this item!!!!!!!!!!!!

fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
  • deathray38deathray38 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same problem here, no crit bonus after upgrade.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Be sure you guys aren't in Sector Space when you check. Just sayin'.
    T93uSC8.jpg
    edited November 2014
    Yes, we are sure.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    Can I get the name@handles of the affected characters please?
    STO QA Team
  • wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The character affected by this is Dyryke Hawkins. Fed engineer.

I can add that mine was upgraded before the November 6th patch. Mk XIV - working fine. After the patch - the crit went away.

Narrow your search to the patch...I think.

Just confirmed that it still doen't work.

Want to give us pm's to reply to instead of open Qhandles?
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sorry that is happening but thank you for letting us all know. I will avoid upgrading it till they have a more permanent fix.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wen1503 wrote: »

I can add that mine was upgraded before the November 6th patch. Mk XIV - working fine. After the patch - the crit went away.

MK XIV crit works!!!!
    only if you increase the rarity the console becomes bugged.

my MK XIV no rarity 2% crit works nice, then i make a upgradestep more and the 2,1% gone, then i try to upgrade it to epic and still no Effekt on the console.

so Ultra rare or epic consoles bugged.

to only way for me to have a working console is to craft a new one and upgrade it to MK XIV without any rarity, on that way i have a working.:rolleyes:
    edited November 2014
    Character: Adgarov (federation tactical officer)

Console lost CrtH after upgrade from XII to XIII. At XIV CrtH bonus is still not working. After rarity upgrade (to pink), Crth bonus is not working too. I have also second one XII zero-point console, unupgraded, and this item is working fine. Therefore this bug is strongly related to upgrade system.

Also, some weapons are losing procs after upgrade (for example - my corrosive plasma dual beam bank).
    edited November 2014
    lostmoony wrote: »
    MK XIV crit works!!!!
    only if you increase the rarity the console becomes bugged.

my MK XIV no rarity 2% crit works nice, then i make a upgradestep more and the 2,1% gone, then i try to upgrade it to epic and still no Effekt on the console.

so Ultra rare or epic consoles bugged.

to only way for me to have a working console is to craft a new one and upgrade it to MK XIV without any rarity, on that way i have a working.:rolleyes:

This, unfortunately, is not accurate. As I posted in another thread on the same subject, and indeed in tickets to support, my console status is not at all linked to it's Mark or rarity. It worked, upgraded, worked, stopped working, upgraded again, worked again, stopped working again.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    With deathray38's Adgarov I did see a difference in the Crit Chance of both Zero Point consoles he had when equipped vs when unequipped. Both consoles would lose about 0.2% from their crit chance boost after being equipped. I could not reproduce this with any other character however, so that's weird.

In any case, I've sent this on to the software team. Hopefully they can fix it.

Thanks for the reports and the information.
    STO QA Team
    edited November 2014
    In my case:

Displayed crit chance without any Zero point console: 8%
    Displayed crit chance with basic Very Rare MK XII Zero point console: 9.6% (should be 9.8%)
    Displayed crit chance with Ultra Rare MK XIV Zero point console: 8% (should be 10.1%)

So:
    Unupgraded console lost 0.2% bonus
    Upgraded console lost entire crit bonus

Thanks for reporting this problem to software team, it is very strange thing.
  • wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dyryke Hawkins@wen1503
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    None of those consoles will I trust to upgrade them. Best to leave them as they are until the system or whatever team can say it's okay they now work right after you upgrade them. Gel Pack one not even working right so why would you think the Zero-Point one would be any better to either. There is a lot of math involved and so is for programming. Almost playing with fire here. To much mods to worry about they never seem to add up right after the upgrade. Do remember all of this is still a Work-in-progress. So be careful with your costly consoles. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Between leveling all the toons, events, grinds, nerfs, bugs... I have lost interest in upgrading. The original items seem to work till you upgrade. So in my opinion whats the point in working hard to downgrade? I am sure they are working on it. It will take some time though. Till then it it time to play missions, collect resources, and wait it out. :(
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
    edited November 2014
    How's bug fixing going? Bug still exist after last patch...
    edited December 2014
    Dear Developers...

I've spend tons of dilithium on Zero-Point console upgrade, but because of not-working crit bonus, I am still forced to use unupgraded model... Could You fix it before end of the world?

Merry Christmas, anyway :)
  • captmaniccaptmanic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just a suggestion - when you remove and replace the zero-point module, try waiting around 10 seconds while you are looking at the stats on the ship. I have noticed sometimes that there is a delay before the ship stats will update when replacing an item that affects something like crit or accuracy.

It may not work but worth a try...
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for suggestion but it is not working. Anyway, unupgraded console update crit stats instantly (at least on my account)...

BTW some people report upgraded Zero-Point console don't boost power levels too... (I don't have this problem)

Devs, Could You investigate Zero Point console upgrade problems? There are still thousands of people who use it...