test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devs to Playerbase - You don't need those....

prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I sit here literally trying to comprehend Cryptic’s newest move with their nerforbitalstrike. We gained xp “too quickly” sure, whatever, moving on. We wanted a more challenging game, so they brought out npcs with stronger hulls and shields while cutting off drops and xp gain. Um, lolwut?

The ultra-high DPSers complain about the low DPSers ‘ruining their games’ in the queues, so they are tweaked to allow for a difficulty where players are penalized for the failure of a few. Okay, doesn’t totally make sense but whatever.

Now they have decided in their infinite wisdom that the hangar pets need to lose their manhood as well. If, and this is a big ”IF”, they are tying hangar combat pet with level and gear, great. That makes sense. The stronger your ship is the stronger your pets are. Somehow I have the feeling it will not work out to this logic. Not to mention every time Cryptic tries to “fix” something the entire game breaks down.

Cryptic, please… LEAVE WHAT WORKS ALONE and concentrate on the plethora of known and reported issues that are making everyday gameplay nearly impossible for a large number of your players. I am not your girlfriend and no, you can’t fingerbang me into playing this game while you chop it off piece by piece until nothing’s left.

Enough!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
Post edited by prierin on

Comments

• Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    You do realize that elite pets do more damage then 75% of the playerbase...right? JUST the pets. You seem to have a funny understanding of what works. This game AIN'T WORKING. The difference between the low and high in this game is so stupid silly high, it's not even remotely working. The highs need to be brought down...A LOT. and the lows need to be brough UP a lot. That means pet nerfs. That means BFAW nerf. That means A2B nerf. It means direct energy nerf. It means kinetic buffs. It means cannon buffs. Then maybe we can have a game without the need for stupid silly HP scaling.

My elite bops die left and right due to warp core breaches. They barely make a dent on the Borg on disconnected normal as well and you're telling me my pets need to be nerfed? Go play a non-lock box carrier and then get back to me on how that worked out for you. Have you even played a carrier before?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You do realize that elite pets do more damage then 75% of the playerbase...right? JUST the pets. You seem to have a funny understanding of what works. This game AIN'T WORKING. The difference between the low and high in this game is so stupid silly high, it's not even remotely working. The highs need to be brought down...A LOT. and the lows need to be brough UP a lot. That means pet nerfs. That means BFAW nerf. That means A2B nerf. It means direct energy nerf. It means kinetic buffs. It means cannon buffs. Then maybe we can have a game without the need for stupid silly HP scaling.

If that were actually the case then I’d have to say the average playerbase needs to step up their game.

I am no ultra-dps machine. I enjoy a good fight. Being mostly a solo player, I depend on my pets to fight with me.

Two. Advanced Romulan Drones… that’s all I can launch at any one time. Mostly because, well, they’re advanced. They’re SUPPOSED to do more damage and therefore we are limited on how many we can launch at once. Others fore off six or more.

So don’t give me this “they do more damage than other players!” I don’t care. If a damned drone can out perform an “intelligent” player then I strongly worry about that so-called intelligence.

Yes, that came out more harsh than I intended… I am just sick and tired of “he does more damage than me, mommy” being an excuse for Cryptic to nerf everything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    omgbamf00omgbamf00 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That's funny, my elite Fer'Jai frigates and elite Mesh Weavers have more HP than my Karfi or Recluse, respectively. My Karfi sits at ~60k hull while the frigates are at ~70k. I first noticed it when my pets weren't dying left-and-right. The next thing I noticed was that my buffed 125 aux HE3 was barely tickling their HP bars when they did finally start to take damage.

I think this obviously fits in the "not working as intended" camp.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Then control them better. You do known that you can call them back around you when things are blowing up...right? Although, I have not played with a KDF pet carrier...so your pets MAY suck and need to be on the need to be buffed side. But for the roms...elite drones on a scimmy with just ONE hanger slot adds almost 10k DPS. If you don't think that is stupid and needs some adjustments maybe...yeah I'm fairly certain you have no idea what balance is honestly. And many of the lockbox pets can pull similar numbers. Like I said...don't really do klink carriers...so you all maybe getting screwed...or maybe your just not a good player of carriers...but seriously, the pets for roms and lock boxes at the very least are kinda borked right now and they should be looked at.

I press recall but my pets don't respond. Usually after pressing it 4 or 5 times they finally start to move. By then, it's too late. Please don't suggest I'm bad when the pet commands are broken and the AI is completely borked.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    omgbamf00 wrote: »
    That's funny, my elite Fer'Jai frigates and elite Mesh Weavers have more HP than my Karfi or Recluse, respectively. My Karfi sits at ~60k hull while the frigates are at ~70k. I first noticed it when my pets weren't dying left-and-right. The next thing I noticed was that my buffed 125 aux HE3 was barely tickling their HP bars when they did finally start to take damage.

I think this obviously fits in the "not working as intended" camp.

As I stated in the other thread, pets are probably being treated as NPC's, which makes sense since they pretty much are. This, however, is not allowed, since it helps the players, and if the pets aren't exploding several times a mission then they are helping. Before DR this wasn't a problem, since most people were done with everything but eSTF's anyways by the time they got carriers, let alone good pets, and the regular NPC's didn't hold a candle to eSTF baddies. But in DR even Normal NPC frigates have more HP than the players, and this is reflected in the NPC's known as player pets.

Once again, Cryptic did not anticipate the effects of a significant change. If they would just make Normal back like it was, and Advanced back to old Elite levels, we would not be having this problem, and a lot of other problems.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    I press recall but my pets don't respond. Usually after pressing it 4 or 5 times they finally start to move. By then, it's too late. Please don't suggest I'm bad when the pet commands are broken and the AI is completely borked.

Yeah, pet commands are and have been spotty for some time. The AI is flakey on them, which makes this nerf even more problematic when combined with poor AI that needs some serious work.
  • Options
    alaerickalaerick Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Then control them better. You do known that you can call them back around you when things are blowing up...right? .

This quote is patently false. It takes 20s from the time you issue a command until the moment they begin to execute it. So what you are saying is I should presss "Command - Attack/Defend/Intercept" then a split second later hit "Recall" and hope that by some slim chance my pet will manage to get away just before a warp core breach.. HAHAH.. too funny.

Now if it did work as you said.. you know you press recall and within split second all of your pets disengage from the enemy and fly back.. well then yeah.. you'd have a reason to say what you did and act like a smart TRIBBLE.. :rolleyes:
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • Options
    alaerickalaerick Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You KNOW it takes 20s so recall them 20 sec (not that it actually takes 20 seconds...don't exagerate...it's more like 8 second...which i do admit is a long time) before core breaches then. You can generally time when things will blow up...and if your team is exploding EVERYTHING in under 20 seconds...well what the hell is the problem? Yes there is a slight learn curve time to see how your group does...but that is one of those things good carrier pilots learn to do. Okay, maybe not just good...the great ones. But with skill, you can definately control those unruly pets. To say it's impossible isn't true. It's not EASY...I grant that readily...but it can be done. Although, they should fix the response to command time that when they fix the other issues with the pets in all honesty.

So would you consider that a fair trade off? Nerf to damage, hull and shield for pets, but they now pretty much instantly do the command clicked? Not that they said they would...but if they did that, would all the carrier complainers drop the issue then?

To answer your question absolutely not. because you did not put forth a logical or fair trade off. If they significantly boosted the AI, the evasion and resilience to AOE abilities, then sure a small trade off on Hull & Shields could be made. If they made them fly in actual attack patterns and strafing runs so as to at least attempt to maximize their firing up time, then perhaps a trade off on DPS could be ok. If they were immune to Warp Core Breaches, then well no. All commands should be instant no matter what any of these other possible trade offs would be.

As for the time it takes for pets to respond to a command.. Before DR the button said on it "After 20 seconds your pet will return to your hangar to regenerate health. Use the Attack, Defend or Intercept mode to undock the pets.

I just checked it again and the duration of time you have to wait for the command to be carried out isn't there anymore. In all seriousness I have barely touched my carriers since DR went live. Just focusing on my main who is in a Fleet Defiant.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not looked at a dev post about this but pets lije scorpons all ready die fast what they gooing to nerf there dmg. All craptic does is nerf things STOP WITH NERF EVERYTHING CAMPAIN
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    dreadcalldreadcall Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You do realize that elite pets do more damage then 75% of the playerbase...right?

Drone ships did 4k+ pre DR. Most players in public queues did 1-3k. Cryptic didn't seem to have a problem with it at the time.

Considering the changes to enemy hp, nerfing the pets may not be the solution.

If they do "fix" the pets to pull the correct data, they really should be looking at buffing the crappier ones though. If they want top pets nerfed, they should nerf the top pets (droneships, mobulais, etc). Not the peregrines and stalkers and other stuff.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    prierin wrote: »

The ultra-high DPSers complain about the low DPSers ‘ruining their games’ in the queues, so they are tweaked to allow for a difficulty where players are penalized for the failure of a few. Okay, doesn’t totally make sense but whatever.
    !

NO?

we dont complain

it's jsut if u pug ISA and theres some1 on the team with 2K DPS.. he doenst HEAL any1 and hes not gettign agro... he's just THERE.. well he does not belong in an advanced que

if high DPSers pug they need to be good enoughf to carry those ppl throu the gtame otherwise thou shal not pug and paly with other DPSers

[hate this 300 sec to wait FK this]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,541 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I quit using carriers because every time the Devs "fix" something it only comes out worse. I'd like very much to have the Delta Flyers I bought for my Vesta work correctly. And I'd like the frigates based on my Vo'Quv do what they're supposed to do. If this makes them work right, then good.

I have little confidence pwe/cryptic can pull this off successfully. They've messed up so many other things in this game which they seem to be totally unaware of or unwilling to repair.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    dreadcalldreadcall Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And no, JUST changing the pets is not THE solution...but it can be PART of the solution. It's a matter of what else they do. They need to do SO much before we get anywhere near the solution, but if you all won't even let them take the first TINY step without sending this forum into a firestorm (albiet a small one compared to the spec point issue)...well, this game is gonna be doomed pretty quickly.

That first tiny step can make things worse if it is not followed by the rest. Cryptic's plans have a tendency to go the way of the secondary deflector. Even if they came out and detailed their long term plans these and other changes fit into (which they absolutely should do btw) people would doubt said plans coming to fruition.
    We need to see where those baby steps are going, or we'll assume they aren't going anyway except the land of random nerf nerf nerf, and that leads to forum rage.