test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming changes to Hangar Pets and Separation pets.

Comments

• v1ctor1stv1ctor1st Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well.. thats the FINAL time im putting money into this game. Just pumped money in recently for the Falchion Scimitar and the Elite Drones, and now a "developer" (term used loosely) posts that the drones i just got, will be "balanced" according to their "data".

Data...which they seemingly only looked at VERY recently, even though the drones have been out for god knows how long.

Bait and switch... much?
    AhvtPz9.jpg
    • "You know when that shark bites, with its teeth dear... scarlet billows start to spread..."
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sure, go ahead lizard. Overpowered pets are TOP PRIORITY.
    Good this game has no other issues right now.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I normally complain about power creep, but this was one of the few things that they should have left as-is. People were finally enjoying ships with hangars. Now back to useless pets.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Agreed on the utter and complete misprioritization on Cryptic's part.

Did you not LEARN from your mistakes?

Unless NPC's get scaled down significantly, I think that almost all carrier players will be effectively out of the game. High upgrade costs + nerfs on our few toons and ships remaining...there is basically no reason to continue.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Clearly increased Pet Damage that is on par with NPC damage/hp increase in the entire game is 17x more reasonable than any other thing in the game and therefore clearly needs to be nerfed... oh Cryptc, why do you deliberatly try to make everyone leave :/
    STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
    ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
    S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
    LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
    S08: coming soon
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    v1ctor1st wrote: »
    Well.. thats the FINAL time im putting money into this game. Just pumped money in recently for the Falchion Scimitar and the Elite Drones, and now a "developer" (term used loosely) posts that the drones i just got, will be "balanced" according to their "data".

Data...which they seemingly only looked at VERY recently, even though the drones have been out for god knows how long.

Bait and switch... much?

Not to mention that the CDO (Cheif Dev Officer) came out and essentially said they had read their data wrong concerning the xp gain from Japori so gave everyone their XP back...

Cryptic, if you guys don't want to handle the game any more, get someone else to manage it for you. Stop trying to neuter the game to a point where no one wants to play for chrissake!

10387470_791264474248811_821669103624638102_n.jpg?oh=7a329512f6da898fcf074d501259920c&oe=54E8A8BC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And I thought this was gonna be a slow Meme week, thanks Cryptic :)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • apedilbertapedilbert Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    v1ctor1st wrote: »

Bait and switch... much?

They're using the same broken level scaling that the NPC ships are, making them way overpowered. Now, instead of addressing the underlying problem, they're going to ruin the viability of hangar pets.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is the burning balance concern chosen to be the focus? Seriously?

Not attack pattern beta stacking (esp via recluse) to give an entire team +200% or more damage bonus? Not leech console that allows one to gain 4x AMP bonus with minimal sacrifice not to mention what it does for weapon power overcapping? And I'm not going to even attempt to ask about the skill point reward tables I guess it is by design we should focus our efforts on slaughtering thousands of Kazon for an acceptable level of progression.

:confused::confused:Hanger pet damage/health are too high :eek::eek:

Spoiler: The hanger pet stats are not a priority. Their are bigger fish to fry.
  • nova2284nova2284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    After all this getting a jem'hadar attack ship and you nerfed it thanks. cryptic that last dollars your getting of mine :mad::mad::mad: Carrier pets are suppost do the damage not the carriers themselves its been that way for 4 years... MOST PLAYERS PLAY CARRIERS LETS NERF THEM... GREAT IDEA EVERYONE QUITS!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DELTA RISING FIXS THERE NEVER COMING WHY I'M I WASTING MY TIME ASKING FOR THEM ???
  • kikanasskikanass Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is utterly BS and disappointing to say the least. I finally got my elite obelisk swarmers which only have around 6.5k hp as is and now they being nerfed to have less survivability and damage. This is totally unnecessary IMO. Their survivability is already so bad only way I manage to handle it is by giving. If it weren't for the 8s hangar cooldown time I have due to starship mastery trait wing commander trait and 2 purple hangar cooldown doffs to keep them replaced as they die to every warp core breach, AOE (of any kind), and just a dirty look by an enemy they wouldn't even be worth having. This goes for most pets in the fighter and shuttle class. Frigates are a bit different as they seem to have very good survivability. I have no problems with the survivability on my one carrier that can use frigate pets.
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    That figures. My fleet just got to T5 Sci a couple weeks ago and I was about to buy some elite hangars for my Vestas. There goes that plan.
  • loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    quote The HP, shields, damage, healing and related values for these pets are all being reduced to scale more consistently with other player gear. unquote

so your saying it scales to my players as in character gear then the pets should scale to mk xiv gold, is that correct crypticgeko? if not then who is this/what "other player gear" as almost every other bit of gear can be mk xiv gold, care to put some light onto your wording?
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Reading this thread, it seems everyone got a new Hanger pet this week for the frist time...Which means only one thing

Everyone was getting pets at 17x faster.

Begin the Rage

44 seconds ARGHHHHH!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Guess this means I wont be getting another bugship for my Jem Dread. Thats going too save me some money. Thanks Cryptic..... NOT !!!!!
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    And I thought this was gonna be a slow Meme week, thanks Cryptic :)

The best thing coming out of this situation is YOU doing these signatures.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Reading this thread, it seems everyone got a new Hanger pet this week for the frist time...Which means only one thing

Everyone was getting pets at 17x faster.

Begin the Rage

44 seconds ARGHHHHH!!

Okay, that got a legitimate laugh out of me. +1 interwebs to you, sir
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • v1ctor1stv1ctor1st Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    Cryptic, if you guys don't want to handle the game any more, get someone else to manage it for you. Stop trying to neuter the game to a point where no one wants to play for chrissake!

Ohhhhhhhhh.... i think there is a very good chance of that happening when the central CBS licenses go up for renewal at the end of 2015. I think PWE and Cryptic are trying for a cash grab incase CBS slams the door in their face. There is a very slim chance it will happen...but history has a habit of repeating itself in the trek game franchise...

Interplay - Makers of the Starfleet Command Series up to SFC 2-Orion Pirates. Company was sliding downhill.. Paramount/CBS took the license from them.

Microprose - Makers of Birth Of the Federation. Company started releasing lacklustre games as a cash grab. Paramount took the license from them just before Microprose went bankrupt.

Simon and Schuster - Makers of "Borg" and other interactive CD's/DVD's. Gave up the license back to Paramount because Paramount refused to renew it.

Activision - Makers of Star Trek Armada, Elite Force, Bridge Commander. Had to SUE CBS to get outof the contract because CBS stonewalled Activision when CBS seen they had started releasing lacklustre games.

Bethesda Softworks - Makers of Star Trek: Legacy. Yeah... that fell apart very quick....

Perpetual Entertainment/P2 - Makers of the original Star Trek Online before it was held to Cryptic. CBS pulled the plug on that one after Perpetual went under and when P2 went under CBS held the license up for tender. Cryptic got it.

Yes...the now almost 30 years history of Star Trek gaming is FULL of repeat cycles.
    AhvtPz9.jpg
    • "You know when that shark bites, with its teeth dear... scarlet billows start to spread..."
  • js26568js26568 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Another fail from the fine people at Fail HQ.

What major project are you working on next? A new exhaust trail for Risian Floaters? Cannibal Tribble texture patterns? The font on the signage in Starbase 39? Keep up the busy work so you don't have to tackle the daunting task of fixing all the bugs caused by laziness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Free Tibet!
  • ratonhaggedonratonhaggedon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nova2284 wrote: »
    After all this getting a jem'hadar attack ship and you nerfed it thanks. cryptic that last dollars your getting of mine :mad::mad::mad: Carrier pets are suppost do the damage not the carriers themselves its been that way for 4 years... MOST PLAYERS PLAY CARRIERS LETS NERF THEM... GREAT IDEA EVERYONE QUITS!!!

i also had a JHAS i bought with ec after selling my voth dread (won it from last promo). The damn attack ships arent even that fancy. i couldve bought contraband with the ec and converted enough dil to get the legacy pack with my 12 toons.

oh well, this game feels like its on its last legs if they prioritize nerfing over fixing things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    CRYTIC NERF CARRIERS :mad::mad::mad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DELTA RISING FIXS THERE NEVER COMING WHY I'M I WASTING MY TIME ASKING FOR THEM ???
  • nbsjdnbsjd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh good lord.

Geko can you actually listen to the player base are all we still a bunch of morons?

You failed to listen to the testers then got mad when players used the game to level an exploit my hairy rear end. You sir called us morons and honestly how you still have a job is beyond me.

Your data is flawed. Your idea of what this player base wants is flawed. How much longer to you think folks are going to put up with this just look at this thread.

We are not happy. My wallet is shut now. I'm not alone even your white knights numbers are thinning out.

Instead of nerfs how about you back up and fix the bugs folks have told you about, bugs that have been reported time and time again.

I'm sure you'll delete this and that's fine. But for the love of everything trek wake up man. This path yall have put us on is not going to end well.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    all these pets were using incorrect data that was causing their HP, shields, damage and healing to be too high. In some cases, the sum of the players pets were far outperforming the player’s ship itself.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bleth Choas Fighter
    Plesh Brek Frigate

breen carrier winter event ship confirmed. first tier 6 carrier?

Kazon Raider

more kazon tier 5 lockbox ships confirmed, sort of a given, even comes with a frigate pet
    edited November 2014
    GAME OVER .............................................................................................................:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow, Something Is Getting Nerfed This Season?
    They Never Nerf Stuff.

Shocking.

Season 9, Nerf Bat Swinging.
  • imperialmirrorimperialmirror Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2014

oh well, this game feels like its on its last legs if they prioritize nerfing over fixing things

It does feel that way does't it? lol

And

Cryptic what happened too the second deflector our Sci ships were supposed too get. Why not buff Sci and stop nerfing things that do not need too be nerfed
    1Wv2pWK.gif
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nbsjd wrote: »
    Geko can you actually listen to the player base are all we still a bunch of morons?

I'm going to go ahead and lean towards yes.

Instead of constructive criticism most of what I see in this thread is simply toxic rhetoric.

This is the kind of thing that gets the people in the forums called morons to begin with.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited November 2014
    It does feel that way does't it? lol

And

Cryptic what happened too the second deflector our Sci ships were supposed too get. Why not buff Sci and stop nerfing things that do not need too be nerfed

i think he was right its ending
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • veepnovaveepnova Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not really sure where the issue is with this. Granted, I am only level 53 on my Carrier captain, but my Swarmers have 3,009 HP. they die if you look at them too hard. My power tray, however, still keeps resetting itself to a pre-DR configuration. Can we please get THAT fixed too?
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In some cases, the sum of the players pets were far outperforming the player’s ship itself.
    perhaps it's worth considering that there are players whose performance in the game is so bad, the stock pet ai outdoes them.

not that pets are overpowered, but that some players are simply terrible at this game, even when decked out with pay to win gear.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.