test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i hate scimitars; the reason why the game is became crappy.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I love Scimitars. But I wish Feds got a near-equivalent. A cannon broadside Jupiter variant works.

I also wish we get a T6 Fleet Scimitar with the Leahval design.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Never understood the point of bragging posts. Are people supposed to be impressed or respectful or something?
  • vipercgvipercg Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I love Scimitars. But I wish Feds got a near-equivalent. A cannon broadside Jupiter variant works.

I also wish we get a T6 Fleet Scimitar with the Leahval design.

Yeah, the best FED char i've seen was ~40k dps. I can't recall seeing higher than that.
    edited November 2014
    Never understood the point of bragging posts. Are people supposed to be impressed or respectful or something?

Well, this isn't me, so nobody is bragging. I found the video on reddit and decided to post it here.
    Maybe I posted because I think it shows a huge balancing issue in the game. Or maybe I posted it because it's awesome. Or maybe because I hate it.... Tis a mystery...
  • rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    vipercg wrote: »
    Well, this isn't me, so nobody is bragging. I found the video on reddit and decided to post it here.
    Maybe I posted because I think it shows a huge balancing issue in the game. Or maybe I posted it because it's awesome. Or maybe because I hate it.... Tis a mystery...

This was secretly posted by Cryptic to sell more scimitars :)
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    vipercg wrote: »
    Yeah, the best FED char i've seen was ~40k dps. I can't recall seeing higher than that.

Check my signature.

...also i already posted this earlier today in the forums, it's fallen down to page two though.
    edited November 2014
    rygelx16 wrote: »
    This was secretly posted by Cryptic to sell more scimitars :)

Dang it! rygelx16!!! caught red handed...:mad:
  • josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, now I'm starting to see why PvE enemy's got a huge pile of HP now.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    josan369 wrote: »

Yer kinda makes me think oh well best stick to Norm then ..... :rolleyes:
    JtaDmwW.png
  • ermanameermaname Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It does feel as though the top 1% damagers complaining about how easy things are and showing off how easy they find the game is what lead the devs to break the game for everyone else.

Most DPS logs I used to see before Dr had 75% or more of players doing less than 5k, but because some were constantly showing off their abilities everyone got punished.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014

It helps fill a hollow space in their otherwise unremarkable lives. Like when players deride others for not being able to break 10K. It makes those shallow and callous people feel better about themselves.

And now I've just become one for deriding them....

Curse you Cryptic *shakes fist in the air*, look what you've done to us!
  • v1ctor1stv1ctor1st Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    josan369 wrote: »

Yup... and the worst part is this...

...it screwed it up for the normal players, you know, like roughly 90% of the playerbase? The top 10% with their e-peen glass hull scimitars that if you TRIBBLE on them they blow up but HEY...that doesnt matter cause they do 10000000000000 dee pee ess!...yeah, those guys?

Those guys will just keep raising the bar further and further up. To cryptic... shoving in more HP is useless.

What you NEED to do is make the weapons on the NPC's far more powerfull, so the dee pee ess crowd will have their arses handed to them if they go in with glass hull Scimitards....
    AhvtPz9.jpg
    • "You know when that shark bites, with its teeth dear... scarlet billows start to spread..."
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Check my signature.

...also i already posted this earlier today in the forums, it's fallen down to page two though.

Compared to those only doing 5.9411764705882352941176470588235k DPS, you were literally going 17x as fast as elsewhere! :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Npc in all STF need low CD Feedback Pulse (100% shield penetration)...
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    xlesha911 wrote: »
    Npc in all STF need low CD Feedback Pulse (100% shield penetration)...

That's triggered if the dps against them exceeds 15,621 DPS.

*Sqeeeels with joy at the thought*
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Congrats to Ryan for that awesome display of DPS. PWE should honestly take a good look at it and start nerfing Scimitars, Aux2Bat, and anything else that allows a players damage to be so insanely out of line with the game mechanics.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ermaname wrote: »
    It does feel as though the top 1% damagers complaining about how easy things are and showing off how easy they find the game is what lead the devs to break the game for everyone else.

Most DPS logs I used to see before Dr had 75% or more of players doing less than 5k, but because some were constantly showing off their abilities everyone got punished.
    ^This, although I would like to point out that I don't blame or hold the DPS crowd responsible for the current mess the difficulty levels are in as this is all down to Cryptic and how they chose to react to the situation! :(

In my opinion;

DR Normal = Pre-DR Normal
    DR Advanced = Pre-DR Elite x 110%-120%
    DR Elite = Min/Max Difficulty

Hopefully it won't be too long before another round of adjustments to the difficulty levels! :cool:
    edited November 2014
    Congrats to Ryan for that awesome display of DPS. PWE should honestly take a good look at it and start nerfing Scimitars, Aux2Bat, and anything else that allows a players damage to be so insanely out of line with the game mechanics.

The thing is, most things ARE inline with game mechanics. the problem is that players don't understand the mechanics in question and under perform.

as for Aux2Bat. it's already dead. it doesn't need a nerf because it is useless now. well... if you are fed with access to a Phantom that is.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    It helps fill a hollow space in their otherwise unremarkable lives. Like when players deride others for not being able to break 10K. It makes those shallow and callous people feel better about themselves.

And now I've just become one for deriding them....

Curse you Cryptic *shakes fist in the air*, look what you've done to us!

The DPS league people are in the most part pure PvE heroes. Throw them into PvP land and they explode in seconds.

Between them and the devs refusing to code smarter AI instead of damage sponges they completely ruined the queues. They should scale back advanced further back so the queues can get some life back in them. They can leave Elite for the 1% up in the 50K+ DPS channels so they can feel some sense of accomplishment at killing dumb AI NPCs.
  • rygelx16rygelx16 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The thing is, most things ARE inline with game mechanics. the problem is that players don't understand the mechanics in question and under perform.

a

That and the mechanics are completely FUBAR.
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ok responding and reading 10k posts on a cell phone sucks. I will make this brief. It wasn't the build that did the dps. I have used that build on my jemhadar dreadnought for a while now. Watch the video again and look at where he puts his ship, how many heals he has vs what was used, and then look at what his friends do to increase his dps. This was a group of players with specific builds for that run. Does he have gravity well to draw spheres in one place for high dps mass killing? He was always in the best position to hit the most amount of ships. That is how you get those numbers. Sadly cryptic has nerfed abilities because of stuff like this. I hope they don't take affective builds and TRIBBLE with them because somebody setup the perfect scenario to brag about. Congratz on the dps but you may have killed us in the process.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The irony is that more HP makes it easier to inflate DPS scores because there is more time on target and less downtime running around
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    The DPS league people are in the most part pure PvE heroes. Throw them into PvP land and they explode in seconds.

Between them and the devs refusing to code smarter AI instead of damage sponges they completely ruined the queues. They should scale back advanced further back so the queues can get some life back in them. They can leave Elite for the 1% up in the 50K+ DPS channels so they can feel some sense of accomplishment at killing dumb AI NPCs.

"Throw them into PvP land and they explode in seconds." -- except for that being entirely untrue and for us storming into PvP changing how pvp was played.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2014

as for Aux2Bat. it's already dead. it doesn't need a nerf because it is useless now. well... if you are fed with access to a Phantom that is.

You do got to admit, that trying to pull off that 100k dps, would be dwindled badly in running with a low dps pug group!

Team buffing/debuffing helps drastically, besides the correct choice in captain skills/boff skills/gear/doffs/taits/personal skill.

While the # looks great, as for the average pug, even if they all had the exact same build, would most likely post half-2/3 that dps at best.

I will admit the #'s are quite impressive but, the style of game play is quite utterly boring and, in no way resembles Star Trek.

Instead it looked more like a bunch of tanks, in the form of ships blindly blasting everything around them.

Would be funny if all of that fire, could hit each other lol, where's the friendly fire by mistake?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i would like to see these guys in viscous cycle advanced. this is always a pleasure to see a scimitar explosion :P
    edited November 2014
    i would like to see these guys in viscous cycle advanced. this is always a pleasure to see a scimitar explosion :P

advanced? um... we kind plow through VCE like a hot knife through butter. Advanced? lol.
  • varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Chest thumping and meter chasing is a sign of weak character.

That is all :)