test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how I fixed MY loadout problem.

imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
like so many of you, i too have the bug that resets/removes/whatever abilities from my ship tray, but i fixed it, and i'm gonna tell you how!

1) set up your ability tray the way you want it, make a loadout of it, i call mine "primary"
2) remove one item from the ship in question
3) make a new loadout, name is not important, i just key mash mine
4) select your "primary" loadout
5) ???
6) PROFIT!

this has fixed the bug for me from day 1 of the bug appearing, and is usually the first thing i do when i get a new ship.

hope this helps :)
Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
Post edited by imadude3 on

Comments

• littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is close to what I did. Instead of removing an item, I just switch two items in their places so that if I use either loadout, they're both fully configured how I want them. I usually name mine by the ship, so if my ship is called the Lollipop, I would name my loadouts as:

Lollipop 1
    Lollipop 2
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yup..

1: set up your trays, boffs, equipment as you like it
    2: Click U, save the loadouts as ‘Ship 1” or something
    3: remove an item, replace it with something else, check to see the ‘save’ button is illuminated
    4: replace the item to match #1 above
    5: save 2nd loadout as “Ship 2” or something

Voila! Now when the tray is fubar, go to your loadouts and click one of your profiles and boom! Fixed. As long as both profiles are identical there should be no worries.

However, and this is important each and every time you add a new skill or piece of gear you have to do these steps. If not, any gear, consoles, etc. that you’ve added will disappear when you activate your loadout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • eaceac Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Will have to try when I get off work. I so hope this works so far nothing has fixed this and it's making the game near unplayable.
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Have to try later. It's weird because only a couple of characters are affected by this.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    Have tried this numerous times.

But for many of us, over 60 pages of people, this doesn't work. And Cryptic worked through the weekend trying to find out why.

The error is inconsistent. Transwarp to the Voth Sphere, everythings fine. Transwarp to Defera, the problems return. Reset to do a patrol, you're fine. Join and advanced stf it fails.

The problem is the same in what it affects, how it occurs seems different for everyone.

And it started 2 weeks ago.
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Have tried this numerous times.

But for many of us, over 60 pages of people, this doesn't work. And Cryptic worked through the weekend trying to find out why.

The error is inconsistent. Transwarp to the Voth Sphere, everythings fine. Transwarp to Defera, the problems return. Reset to do a patrol, you're fine. Join and advanced stf it fails.

The problem is the same in what it affects, how it occurs seems different for everyone.

And it started 2 weeks ago.

I'm actually curious as to what is different with your setup. One i want to help, but doubt it would make any difference. But mainly number two i want to try avoid whatever it is you guys are doing that may have messed you up. You dont have to answer these since i'm guessing you've already answered it a bunch of times:

-do you use mods?

-what tray setting? 1-2-3 or 4? 4 is the one that puts fire beams/torpedoes/all in the left side of the tray

-unlocked any extra ship slots?

-unlocked any extra loadout save slots?

-unlocked any active boff slots?

-whats the primary ship?

-whats your shuttle?

-how many boffs? what species?

-any gear that is not rep gear or not exchange gear?
    Sounds like a T6 and T5-U only bug. Unless someone has this problem on T5's and below.

I've had it happen on several toons: one in a Karfi, one in a MU Ki'Tang, one in a level 40 Raptor (toon is 50-51 though), and i think one other one but i forget what ship it was.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It didn't work for me either. When in the hell are they going to fix this. Its so annoying.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Its been happening since Loadouts went live, but has gotten very bad recently. A couple of days ago it was so bad on me it started a crash to desktop to happen while trying to fix the loadouts to save one properly. Eventually had to delete the live folder and copy my Tribble folder to a new live to get back in game.

The one sure fire way to get this working right is to write down your loadout you want saved then delete your ship reclaim it and rebuild it EXACTLY as you have written down. Only save one loadout and NEVER change the ship. Of course now with the ship mastery even that is a bad idea.

My vote is to remove the loadout system COMPLETELY.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    then delete your ship reclaim it
    OK.

*goes to delete bugship, obelisk, plesh raider and mobius*
    Heeeeeey, wait-a-minute...
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    OK.

*goes to delete bugship, obelisk, plesh raider and mobius*
    Heeeeeey, wait-a-minute...

you done F**********D UP! :P

sorry, couldn't help it, i've been watching a lot of YT vids lately with a guy who says that often, and it sounds hilarious!
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited November 2014

Hopefully mentioning this won't make it worse: three characters have space tray problems, but for the fourth character (female Fed-allied Romulan) it works fine.

But she has a different problem: can't beam up from Starfleet Academy. I got a workaround from another player: pick the second Romulan episode; click on "transwarp" button to go to its location; drop the episode.

(In case devs are reading this post: Player is: @philipclayberg. Characters the space tray error happens to: General K'nesh (female KDF Orion), IKS Qu'Vik; Admiral S'ral (female Fed Vulcan), USS Constitution; Admiral Bast (female Fed Caitian), USS Saga Noren. Character the beam-up from Starfleet Academy error happens to: Vice-Admiral T'kav (female Fed-allied Romulan), USS Vercingetorix.)
  • lordkhoraklordkhorak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Set it up in sector space.

Well, it always worked for me, anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I've had to fix two of my ships recently and the method that always works for me when this issue persists beyond a simple loadout save(which sometimes fixes it):

1.) Goto a Space Map (sector or system)
    2.) Save Loadout
    3.) Quick-swap a different ship
    4.) Wait 30 seconds for the swap cooldown (don't change zones)
    5.) Swap back to the ship in question.

As far as I can gather, the issue is deeply seated in ship ordering system. Commissioning a new ship/renaming a ship has a tendency to break it.