test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Corrosive Plasma Weapons - a moment of thanks

prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I don’t usually purchase lockbox keys but have for this event… hoping to get a “free” T6 carrier or cruiser. At any rate, I discovered two things. First, as a Romulan tactical in a Scim utilizing the Plasma boost from the Rom set, the Corrosive Plasma cannons/beams ROCK! I’ve gained enough to equip (fore) 2 DHC, a DHB and Beam Array all in corrosive plasma, as well as 1 beam aft. This, combined with the Romulan rapid fire torp aft and a nifty tholoron infused quantum torp I came across and I’ve seen my DPS rocket. Enemies that whittled me down before I could get their shields down are now at 40-50% hull by the time I make my first run. Loving it!

Even tho they still seem to wipe out my 9k shields pretty darn fast for some reason…

Secondly, unless I am mad I distinctly remember lobi crystals being character-bound. Now, it seems, they are account-bound. Very nice…

So thanks, Cryptic! These tools are definitely worth the price (so far)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
Post edited by prierin on

Comments

• casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    I don’t usually purchase lockbox keys but have for this event… hoping got a “free” T6 carrier or cruiser. At any rate, I discovered two things. First, as a Romulan tactical in a Scim utilizing the Plasma boost from the Rom set, the Corrosive Plasma cannons/beams ROCK! I’ve gained enough to equip (fore) 2 DHC, a DHB and Beam Array all in corrosive plasma, as well as 1 beam aft. This, combined with the Romulan rapid fire torp aft and a nifty tholoron infused quantum torp I came across and I’ve seen my DPS rocket. Enemies that whittled me down before I could get their shields down are now at 40-50% hull by the time I make my first run. Loving it!

Even tho they still seem to wipe out my 9k shields pretty darn fast for some reason…

Secondly, unless I am mad I distinctly remember lobi crystals being character-bound. Now, it seems, they are account-bound. Very nice…

So thanks, Cryptic! These tools are definitely worth the price (so far)

Thanks for the info on the weapons, will definately look into getting them for my Reman and his Scimitar. As for the Lobi crystals, for as long as I have been playing the game and have gotten lobi crystals, almost 2 years now, they have always been account bound.
  • prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the info on the weapons, will definately look into getting them for my Reman and his Scimitar. As for the Lobi crystals, for as long as I have been playing the game and have gotten lobi crystals, almost 2 years now, they have always been account bound.

Good luck. Hopefully you'll see an improvement as well. Would love to see your final build.

Hmm.. I remember trying to send Lobi to my alt via account bank and it didn't work. Maybe it was just a glitch.

90.......... not so thankful about this 300 sec wait time between posts, mods. 2.5 minutes, maybe, but 5 mins???
    45............................ o-o'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As for the Lobi crystals, for as long as I have been playing the game and have gotten lobi crystals, almost 2 years now, they have always been account bound.
    No, he was right. They made them account bound about 6 months ago or so - before that they were indeed character-bound.

And yeah, I should try this corrosive plasma. Worth replacing Rom Plasma?
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I dont have corrosive plasma, but looking at the proc and extra mod compared to rom plasma i think in theory it should be better that rom plasma.
    Example, one extra crtd mod, little less burn effect, but enough time to get to max damage resistance from them.
    Especially now with long stfs and huge hull npc-s...
    But i need to get corrosive plasma to try to parse it.
    2nhfgxf.jpg