test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does ANYONE at Cryptic know/care that loadouts/trays are BROKEN game-wide?

2»

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well after almost a year I decided to try Breen cruiser. I got affected by this bug only on that ship, but no of above methods works for me. I got reset od loadouts after changing maps, every time, even when I go for stfs. I can't load build because I have two of them active at once.

If you are experiencing an issue, as to where two 2 saved loadouts are both active at the same time, than you need either rename one of them or, make some alteration as far as doffs/gear/boffs (though I never do boffs) to one of them or, even both and, than re-save it to what you wouldn't use.

After this is done, be sure to make all necessary changes back to how you do want it and, re-save it to the loadout you do want to use.

Over all my experience isn't too bad but, of course I only ever use 1 of the 2 loadouts per ship and, I almost never change anything related to those ships hardly ever.

My working % myself, is roughly 90-95% working perfectly, with the occasional 5% it decides to bugger up on its own.

However I have been getting a side related issue, where any ground gear (MACO/OMEGA/KHG/ETC.) 2pc. & 3pc. abilities, will keep swapping where they were originally placed with each other.

This happens quite often for me as of DR release but, it only seems to effect these 2 clicky abilities and, nothing else for me.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree with meimeitoo, loadouts are pretty important these days. I find I have many overlapping equipment pieces which need to be not only loadable in different ships, but in different loadouts on each of those ships as well.

Before the loadout feature was released, I could simply grab extra copies of the equipment I needed (good ol' EDCs were quick to come by, back in the day!) and I wouldn't have to worry about it. But now, with these silly reputation systems, traits, etc., it's not only impractical, it's infeasible to do this for more than one character.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Darn, haven't seen his posts on the matter. I'm sure they were quite illuminating, as usual. :)

Heh, I've uh...yeah...raged a bit, had to do some quick edits realizing what I had typed in some cases and...yeah, it's gotten to the point of "insert forum TOS violation here" with regard to what happens. I said I was going to stop posting in the one thread, because each time I did - it only got worse, lol - started getting paranoid. The more issues I had and told Cryptic about, the more issues I ended up with...tinfoil hat time, lol.

It always happens for me going from Ground to Space (all ships in my sig except the Phantom). It's been increasing in frequency going from Space to Space. Hell, not only is it stripping all BOFF abilities from the bars and rearranging the non-BOFF stuff; it's even adding in infobits from various gear, traits, etc.

http://i.imgur.com/Mw8ryTS.png

http://i.imgur.com/DQFEJI5.png
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I found the fix for it. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it:

1) Go to sector space with your build/tray/doffs/boffs ready to go.

2) Rename "Loadout 1"

3) Save "Loadout 1"

4) Go to allied system space

5) Rename "Loadout 2"

6) Save "Loadout 1" and "Loadout 2"

8) Go to combat system space

9) Rename "Loadout 3"

10) Save all 3 loadouts

11) Go to ground

10) Rename all 3 loadouts and an additional 4th loadout as well

11) Save "Loadout 1," "Loadout 2," "Loadout 3" and "Loadout 4" and then equip them in the reverse order, except for the last one which still needs to be last

(11a) If any items are removed from your ship, resave "Loadout 2," rename "Loadout 3" and resave it as well and rename "Loadout 4" to what you previously had named "Loadout 1" to while changing "Loadout 1" to something completely new

(11b) If no items are removed from your ship, then rename all 4 loadouts and resave them after removing and re-equipping all items on your ship to the exact same spots they were previously in

12) Return to sector space without entering into system space and rename and resave "Loadout 1" and then equip the loadouts in reverse order except for the 1st one, which needs to be 1st again since that was the one you originally saved in sector space and just now resaved again

(12a) If your tray messes up while equipping "Loadout 1" repeat steps 1 through 12

(12b) If your tray messes up while equipping any of the other clone loadouts, don't worry about it because you will need those loadout slots plus another one to set up your next loadout anyway
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For what ever reason some peoples trays fix with a bit of messing around im unfortunate. With the fact ive tryed to fix my fed vesta ship batterys remove them self from power tray every other map move. But what realy pisses me off is the vesta sets quantum shield removes its self every time i join a mission. Its why he is far behind my other 4 chars lvl and upgrades.

What is game breaking for one person might not be for others lets all play nice.
    Or just agree to disagree :rolleyes:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    skurf wrote: »
    I found the fix for it. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it:

11) Save "Loadout 1," "Loadout 2," "Loadout 3" and "Loadout 4" and then equip them in the reverse order, except for the last one which still needs to be last

By default we all get 2 free loadout save slots. To unlock more you have to spend 500 zen for 10 additional slots, up to a maximum of 32 total.

I'm all for people posting all sorts of weird and oddball solutions. But you might want to put a disclaimer at the beginning of your post. Something stating that it might not be necessary to spend zen to do your fix because other solutions appear to work fine and those other solutions *didnt* require any zen to be spent. Several people have posted fixes and it sounds like all of them could be done with just the 2 free save slots we got. I posted my own how-to steps and at first i used 2 save slots, but i did a revision and was able to do it with just 1 save slot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Things like this bug are just another sign that Cryptic needs to back off the 100,000 activatibles they are trying to cram in these trays off of new boffs, rep traits, and every other darned thing they can. Time to simplify things down again! The fact is they have put too many bandages over gashes and thumbs in holes into the code of this old as hell game engine. It's time to start fresh with a new engine, make a fair carry over for a new STO and let us all move onto a better place.

Even if it is a borrowed engine, just something from this or the last decade at least.
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    try setting up your tray beam to your bridge them leave your bridge, that seems to work for me, give it a try............
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    azrael605 wrote: »
    See here is another point of disagreement, you call this tray issue one of the most serious bugs, and I disagree with that sentiment entirely. Sure it could be a huge problem if it happened when entering a pve mission, but otherwise its just annoying.

There are PvE missions that involve beaming to ground and back to space. It's annoying to jump right into combat with a couple of bridge officer abilities unequipped.
    I think that the big problem with this is also one of the problems with the upgrade system. They're both unreliable enough that people don't trust them. I could probably come up with a better setup, but not if it involves fighting the game.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2014
    try setting up your tray beam to your bridge them leave your bridge, that seems to work for me, give it a try............

Sorry Mac - no it didn't work there. Original idea though.

This issue only affects some characters; it's unique and pervasive.
  • casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here is a work around that has worked for me on all my toons and for several of my fleetmates. Setup your tray, boff's and doff's the way you want, save the loadout. Then remove 1 console from you ship and put it in your inventory. Load the loadout you just saved. It has worked for me everytime, occasionally if i change something on my ship it will move something around, but i repeat this process and it is fixed again. Give it a try and let me know if it doesn't work for you. Also 1 of my fleet members said they read in the dev post asking for help on this issue that someone said that having a shuttle was creating a problem for them, so if you don't have a unique shuttle and don't use it try discharging your shuttle and set everything up and save your loadout agian to see if that works, I have not tried this myself so don't know if it actually works, fleetmate said it did for them. Good Luck and hopefully Cryptic will get this fixed for good once and for all soon!!!
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Also note to those experiencing the issue, if you change traits around quite often and, do not put them back to what you had when saving load out, it will sometime be a cause related to this issue.

The biggie I noticed, is the tier5 romulan, bring swapped out for the tier5 dyson ground.

When I change between ground & space, this is the only rep active trait I swap out currently and, it has been the occasional cause for the tray memory to act wonky for me.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree that this should be the absolute top priority, it is totally and completely game breaking. I log out for the day everytime it happens.

Needless to say, I dont play much since the first patch after dr came out, and if I cant play, I cant spend money.

Real bang-up job, Cryptic. Grats.
  • perfectshipsperfectships Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    swamarian wrote: »
    There are PvE missions that involve beaming to ground and back to space. It's annoying to jump right into combat with a couple of bridge officer abilities unequipped.
    I think that the big problem with this is also one of the problems with the upgrade system. They're both unreliable enough that people don't trust them. I could probably come up with a better setup, but not if it involves fighting the game.

Only a couple of bridge officer abilities unequipped? Luxury!:D

I get the entirety of everything reverted back to the factory fresh condition it was first in before I slotted anything into the tray. Literally every single time I beam in from ground or bridge, and occasionally from space into a space mission, I get:-

All of my BOFF abilities and Active Traits booted;

All of my weapons taken off auto-fire;

All weapon icons added, all Gather Intel/Expose icons added (which are useless duplicates since they're already in the special tray), lots of empty slots added. The only remotely useful things left in the entire tray are my generic and Eng captain abilities, though they're moved to where I don't usually put them.

Have fun cobbling together a functional ship out of that, on the fly, while being shot at. And no workaround works for me. But that's no serious thing, and only mildly annoying, apparently....

At least it always ensures that it slots my fireworks icon, so that's something: Fireworks! Wheeee!:D

EDIT: And it always slings Abandon Ship back in there, which I've always insta-ditched from my tray. Maybe it's trying to tell me something....

EDIT2: Though it does add a certain Star Trek verisimilitude, with all this happening to my new T6 ships, and (to a lesser extent of seriousness/tray reversion) all of my 'refitted' T5-Us; as they're off on their shakedown cruises.

I can almost imagine Geko saying, "You wanted more roleplay? There's your roleplay!" :D
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well the workaround worked only some of the time on some toons in some ships. It shouldn't be necessary at all though...this functionality is still borked. :mad:

This is worse and more egregious than the sniper animation bug that went on for 2 and a half years before being fixed...
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lets use the term technical problem. There must be some sort of limit now imposed otherwise all the trays should save the same items to the slots without issues. So someone knows how to solved this otherwise reduce the tray size to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 with 10 slots so that would give you 60x. Right now it's like 100x Do we all really need 100 items?

I have my two ships per faction able to save the same items so for me it's 60x I can be happy with. So in space there are 6x rows. I've tested this last night. When I had switched ships. The second ship the tray lets say had technical problem. I had follow the procedure to fix it and save it under a new name. That worked! When I had switched back to the prior main ship the trays were the same as I had left them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is one of the most annoying universal* bugs in the game, how it hasn't been flagged as a priority with its own STICKIED thread I don't know...

*Affecting players across factions, species, ships, locations, ranks, etc...
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!