test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan females - dual shoulder pads

umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
edited November 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
This is not my first time mentioning this, but it keeps seeming like it's ignored. Trying again.

Ever since the TNG Romulan outfits came out, the loops of cloth adorning the (rank indicative) dual shoulderpads for Romulan females have been exagerated by comparison of their counterparts as available of romulan males.

Here's a comparison of the shoulderpads on a female romulan character (left) versus the Veteran Dilithium NPC (right), whom is wearing the much better version we had before.
Romulan_shoulder_pads_01_zps14162f18.jpg~original
The 'new' version, they float out outward to a ridiculous extent. Before, they were cool. Now, they look horrible on anything except...

Romulan_shoulder_pads_02_zps0485fbd8.jpg~originalThat thrice-cursed TNG outfit
(and my vitriol towards it is because it's the reason the female shoulderpads turned the way they have)

Cryptic Devs, can you please fix this? I wore them on my character before. They looked very cool. Now, not anymore. Please restore shoulderpads on Romulan females to the way they were before (as in, just like the romulan males, on which they look perfect).

Pretty please, with a cherry on top. Geez, I'm not even sure of how to ask for this anymore.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shineshadowshineshadow Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's absurd. You'd think, at the very least, they'd have [Regular] and [Wide] options available if they're so desperate to accommodate that outfit. Changing the standard piece to suit a single outfit used by a small handful of players was incredibly obnoxious.

Of course, it was incredibly obnoxious a year ago, and hasn't been fixed since. So I guess we'll just keep screaming into the unfeeling darkness, waiting for a response that will never come.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They were never "cool" :P

But I agree, the old ones are less bad looking.

(Seconding my request for some reasonable looking Romulan rank insignia as an alternative to those gaudy things.)
  • millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    umaeko wrote: »
    This is not my first time mentioning this, but it keeps seeming like it's ignored. Trying again.

Ever since the TNG Romulan outfits came out, the loops of cloth adorning the (rank indicative) dual shoulderpads for Romulan females have been exagerated by comparison of their counterparts as available of romulan males.

Here's a comparison of the shoulderpads on a female romulan character (left) versus the Veteran Dilithium NPC (right), whom is wearing the much better version we had before.
    Romulan_shoulder_pads_01_zps14162f18.jpg~original
    The 'new' version, they float out outward to a ridiculous extent. Before, they were cool. Now, they look horrible on anything except...

Romulan_shoulder_pads_02_zps0485fbd8.jpg~originalThat thrice-cursed TNG outfit
    (and my vitriol towards it is because it's the reason the female shoulderpads turned the way they have)

Cryptic Devs, can you please fix this? I wore them on my character before. They looked very cool. Now, not anymore. Please restore shoulderpads on Romulan females to the way they were before (as in, just like the romulan males, on which they look perfect).

Pretty please, with a cherry on top. Geez, I'm not even sure of how to ask for this anymore.

This, too, has bothered me for the longest time, though I never realized it was likely due to being made to fit the TNG uniforms.

In this case, I'd rather we get two sets, "narrow" and "wide" or something like that.
  • umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm all for a "Narrow" and "Wide" selection, but I've read that being given that variety is non-trivial.

to which I'd happily settle to what we had before (narrow) and happily live with the clipping on the TNG outfit.

That'd be one outfit with them looking silly, versus now all the other outfits with which they look silly.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The TNG outfit is not even supposed to have the shoulder pads. On the show they had (somewhat unimaginative) collar pips.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They were never "cool" :P

But I agree, the old ones are less bad looking.

(Seconding my request for some reasonable looking Romulan rank insignia as an alternative to those gaudy things.)
    Absolutely seconded. Why are we wearing some kind of stylized medieval shoulder pads in the 24th century?
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited November 2014
    Absolutely seconded. Why are we wearing some kind of stylized medieval shoulder pads in the 24th century?

No one's forcing you to.

The people that like them can wear 'em. The people that don't, well, don't.

This thread is mostly for the people that might like them, but go "eww, why did Cryptic break something that was fine before?!" Or those that agree that the change they made is kind of messed up. Or others whom approve of having the two "narrow" and "wide" version.

Not that I don't appreciate the bump, but can we please keep this on topic?
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    No one's forcing you to.
    Good thing, since I don't.
    The people that like them can wear 'em. The people that don't, well, don't.
    My only real problem with that is that someone put time and effort into making them and releasing them for use. In my opinion that is wasted effort that could've gone into other projects. It'd be different if we ever saw anything remotely resembling that look from Trek Romulans (and to be fair, perhaps I missed something in Enterprise or one of the last couple of movies) but as far as I know, they're completely out of context.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My only real problem with that is that someone put time and effort into making them and releasing them for use. In my opinion that is wasted effort that could've gone into other projects.
    Of course. Its a wasted effort making something other people like, when they could've been making something you like instead. :rolleyes:
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    While we're at it, can we make fleet shoulder patches lie flat instead of having the lower half clipping into the arm?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited November 2014
    Well, on the bright side, Fleet Admiral shoulder pads came out.

I haven't had the opportunity to see how they looked like by comparison between Romulan males and females. I do know that the cloth part is still being pretty floaty.
    edited November 2014
    Yep, that "Romulan females have floating cloth hoops" thing is still going on. It's still deliberate.

Behold:
    screenshot_2014-11-15-19-55-04_zpsd6937b6f.jpg~original

What the hell is wrong with you, Cryptic?!
  • adamofnodadamofnod Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Never mind that the Fleet Shoulderpads are upside-down...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]