test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My one annoyance...

kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
When you're doing something, like closing a rift in the Mirror Event, freeing a Borg ship in Disconnected, or in Azure...why does it always have to get interrupted?

I wouldn't even mind if you took enormous damage to keep doing it, but it is SO frustrating...it's also not consistent, because in Disconnected, you can close the Undine rifts while still being hit!

Honestly, take my shields offline, my weapons too, but just let me finish what I'm doing :-(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ermanameermaname Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ''I have a crew of 3,500, 20 Bridge officers and 470 Duty officers and my ship still can't multi task''

It's as if as captain of the ship, we personally do it all, and these scanners are located in a separate room to all the combat interfaces :confused:
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kayajay wrote: »
    you can close the Undine rifts while still being hit!

Don't let them hear you, or they will make closing the rifts interruptible too.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is actually why I don't play Borg Disconnected. The whole damage interrupts you thing annoys me to no end.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree with the OP this is just plain annoying.
  • Options
    tucker84tucker84 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, i hate when this happens. 100% that in the last second they will interrupt me, when i am closing a rift during the Mirror Universe PvE.

The other thing is when i kill every ship around the rift, and i immediately start to close it, then a last torpedo comes out of the enemy ship's explosion and hits me... Interrupted!

The list goes on... and on...
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tucker84 wrote: »
    Yeah, i hate when this happens. 100% that in the last second they will interrupt me, when i am closing a rift during the Mirror Universe PvE.

The other thing is when i kill every ship around the rift, and i immediately start to close it, then a last torpedo comes out of the enemy ship's explosion and hits me... Interrupted!

The list goes on... and on...

The second you're killed, your torpedoes vanish...but theirs? Oh, theirs can get you from the dead.

All through the episodes too...you're supposed to disable this, scan that and you just keep getting stopped and forced to restart :-(
  • Options
    solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    Don't let them hear you, or they will make closing the rifts interruptible too.

That would be funny in another lifetime.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Imagine it like this: Wesley Crusher is operating the console to close te rift. Ship takes damage. Everyone goes tumbling around the bridge. Wesley says he has to start all over. Shut up, Wesley.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    tucker84 wrote: »
    The other thing is when i kill every ship around the rift, and i immediately start to close it, then a last torpedo comes out of the enemy ship's explosion and hits me... Interrupted!.

And in Borg Disco it starts a plasma fire too.
  • Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Imagine it like this: Wesley Crusher is operating the console to close te rift. Ship takes damage. Everyone goes tumbling around the bridge. Wesley says he has to start all over. Shut up, Wesley.

This must be it XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I especially hate those rogue torpedoes hitting you 5-6 seconds after you've destroyed an enemy group. It's so very annoying!
  • Options
    guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah it's a really stupid, and above all, frustrating mechanic.

It needs to increase the time, not interrupt it.

Something like +1second per hit. But damage over time effects don't do this (so no plasma fire bull****)

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.