test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Separate Trait Pool For Space & Ground Capt Traits

warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
This is a request for the implementation of separate trait pool for captain traits. This is for "Quality of Life" kind of request because it is extremely tedious to remove your space traits to stuff in ground traits and vice versa, every time you go between Ground and Space missions and instances.

Have it like the Rep Ground and Space Traits portion, where you could have your Captain Traits already set to where you need it for both Ground and Space. That way you could fluidly go between the 2 types of play and not hold everything up to optimize your character. 9 trait slots for ground, 9 for space, and be done with it!

As it stands now, it's just very tedious.
XzRTofz.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes please, having to switch them around all the time is tedious at best.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If it remains as the current number of traits that would be good, I just wouldn't want such a move to end up being "Four plus four" or something... I've bought traits off exchange on the basis of eight (now nine) slots!
  • zysalianzysalian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Agreed. Having to switch traits to focus on ground/space combat is a tiresome hassle and takes away from the versatility of being able to choose between different traits.
    To make the idea appeal to business sense of Cryptic (and thus make it more appealing to implement), why not sell such "trait loadout" slots for a few hundred Zen or similar ?
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yes, please. Separate ground and space trait pools would be an excellent quality of life improvement.
  • huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I fully agree. You have to switch now to stand any hope of doing the advanced or elite queues, so this does nothing to create tradeoffs, just an inconvenience.

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 120 seconds.

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 35 seconds.
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Oh god yes. A massive inconvenience and oversight this is.
  • heckgoblinheckgoblin Member Posts: 685
    edited November 2014
    You have my axe.
    I AM WAR.
  • guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just going to emphasis a previous post from @janus1975.

4 (or5) space traits and 4 (or5) ground traits is not acceptable.

It needs to be:
    9 space traits
    9 ground traits

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    guilli88 wrote: »
    Just going to emphasis a previous post from @janus1975.

4 (or5) space traits and 4 (or5) ground traits is not acceptable.

It needs to be:
    9 space traits
    9 ground traits

Quite agree. I think I'll add that into the original post :cool:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I would agree with this only if the 9 traits were separated into at least 8 of each. Currently, a player can slot up to 9 space or ground, in whatever combination that player wants (I personally have 6 space and 3 ground).

However, knowing how most game designers (including Cryptic) work, they would not separate into 8 of each, they would make it 4 and 4, which I don't think any of you want.

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Here is the problem.

When they implemented the whole system they envisioned some balance between ground and space for the sake of missions. That is not the current game's reality.

1) Picking space and ground skills should be independent of each other.
    2) Picking ground and space traits should also be independent of each other.

We now have ship traits which have no equivalent ground traits, so separating them at this point should be fine, and would make more players try ground PvE maps.
  • pyrogxmk3pyrogxmk3 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Of course, they'd separate it by going "okay you get 4 of each", so the result would be a massive nerf.

Rather, how about we try to obtain a "traits loadout" so we can just save two schemes (which BY SHEER COINCIDENCE all of us would make all-ground and all-space)?