Welcome to a Special Edition of the New Month Long Writer's Challenge!
Today we start the one month run of the sixty-eighth Literary Challenge: STO Halloween
We will be running this event from the 10/01 to the 10/31.
You may enter 1 story for this topic over the course of the net month.
This month, our topic will be a single storyline...
Star Trek Online Halloween
The ancient tradition of Terran Fall Harvest Celebrations, Spirit Worship, and the practice of 'Trick or Treat' has long been studied by allies of the Federation. With our favorite holiday fast approaching, we want to see what great stories you can come up with that celebrate the concept of Halloween, either from a human perspective, or from that of any of the species in STO. Do the Klingons or Romulans have similar cultural traditions? Do the Bajorans? The Caitians? The Orions? The Talaxians? Now is your chance to invent something special just in time for the holiday.
This is the writer's thread -- only entries should be made here.
The Discussion Thread for all three topics can be found HERE
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE
The Basic Rules:
A few other important reminders:
- Each Challenge will run for 4 weeks. You may enter at any time during this open period.
- There are no right or wrong entries.
- Please keep discussion about the entries in the appropriate Discussion Thread.
Have fun Captains!
- Please obey the TOS rules and policies of our Forum with each entry.
- Anything overtly sexual or "adult" will be deleted. You have been warned. This is not a slash forum.
- Each poster can have one entry per topic. Feel free to edit your post to fix typos or add/ remove content as you see fit during the next month.
- After four weeks time, the thread will be locked and unstickied, as we move on to the next challenge.
- We'll have two threads: One to post the entries in and one to discuss the entries. **Cross-linking between these two threads is acceptable for these challenges ONLY!!**