test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To those complaining about the XP nerf...

sirsitsalotsirsitsalot Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
Commander Riker has something he wants to say to you.

Look... I know how frustrating this sort of thing is. But seriously, just chill. And before anyone accuses me of being a Cryptic toady, I suggest you read more of what I have to say. I've got more than one bone to pick with them over many decisions they've made for this game, but seriously, what they did, regardless of how they did it, needed to be done.

I mean come on. There were people leveling to 60 within just hours of DR going live. HOURS.

That's just ridiculous, even for powergaming. The fact that it could be done, whether they were able to fix it while it was on Tribble or not, was never intended.

Cryptic's problem is that they have absolutely no tact when it comes to implementing corrections like this. They go on a rampage like a bull in a china shop, and send everything to hell in a hand basket. I don't think they should have taken anything away from people. It was their mistake that opened the door for it. They should have just owned up to it, then made it so it couldn't continue to happen.

Or if they absolutely HAD to take stuff away from players because of this, then they should have sent an in-game message to everyone, stating what was about to happen and why. They may not like bringing an exploit to people's attention, but the fact that any unintended gain would be reversed would render it a moot point.

But no... Every time Cryptic releases something that should be satisfying to the player base, they always have to pull some stunt that drives a wedge further between community members and ends up pissing off a significant cross-section of the community, in some cases badly enough to make people ragequit. And it is usually not so much WHAT they do, as it is HOW they do it.

/GUMP
"There can be no meeting of the minds between two parties
if both parties are not willing to meet in the middle."
-Ambassador Samuel J. Stone
Post edited by sirsitsalot on

Comments

• cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Man, people leveled to 50 in hours as well. Oh, then there's the group that wants the DOff system in Gateway (which would mean you would even have to log into the game?!).

not meaning to take away from the recent corporate decisions, "xp", and therefore leveling, is something they could have looked at other games to see what works better.
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    still call u a cryptic

what they've done this time is different

and s-h-i-t-storm over em is legal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I stop reeding when you send me to shut up. If you do not respect other opinions, the I dont care about yours.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I understand they want slow players from leveling...but why take it on XP? better idea would have been to create "specialization points" to a half or whatever fraction they want to slow down progression of XP beyond 60 in a similar pattern to what they did with the 20 schools of R&D.
    DUwNP.gif

• zero2362zero2362 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Really. So its ok for you to voice your opinion but the rest of us arnt allowed to voice ours. I don't give a damn what your opinion is if this is the attitude you have.
    343rguu.jpg

• carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You play the game your way,I'll play the game my way....and if you have a problem with that *flips the bird*
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • wudwaenwudwaen Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I always felt that we were able to level way too fast as it was. And I did my RA1-VA leveling entirely in the DOFF system with my character sitting behind a desk in the Starfleet Academy office.

Odd. I have always felt levels were so pass
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. ~ Cecil Beaton
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, if XP is the marker of progression in a game, then Cryptic could have kept the values as they were per mob, but increased the amount of xp needed per level. That makes more sense to me, and I was expecting it for the 51-60 levels.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I kinda like the way they have set up the paced missions with your character level status, I am in no rush to get to lv60 and no rush to blast through the story missions, I have even found that you can gain some extra delta marks on the 4 part patrol missions by playing 1 part each day over 4 days you get 4x the daily bonus marks, theres not many missions in sto that set up so you can make them take 4 days to complete, even better they don't have to be consecutive days either.
    I have just finished the 3rd delta story mission "Friends in Unlikely Places" on my fed and just started it on my kdf and rom, all my characters are around about lv55 and that is a fine place to be for how long the expansion has been live.

of course everyone's not the same as me and some just want to have levelled up to 60, filed all the rep, complete the missions, finished all the captains specializations and ship mastery all within the first day.

I prefer to take my time and enjoy the content at a more leisurely pace.
    I know I will get there eventually and all these things will be done but its just possible that I may enjoy the journey a little more then others.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Sometimes, "Shut up!" Is a justifyable statement.

Sorry, not in this case, and in more ways then one.

On a personal level , you have complained many a time and I don't recall you being told by a fellow poster to shut it ... , nor would I suppose that you'd appreciate it very much if you were .

On a factual level , one Cryptic authored mission (Mirror Invasion , the original one) blows your argument out of the water .

That mission was not only never claimed by Cryptic to be broken , it provided the opportunity to sidestep regular content -- in short , it did all the things that by the new DR logic is bad .

Cryptic are trying to reinvent their game, their game experience .
    And instead of coming out and telling us up front about it ... ( "it" being the real reasons behind the XP slowdown , the neefs to dil , the turning away from the philosophy of "the game begins at endgame" -- which is why they rushed us there until now) well , until that happens , we are just gonna keep calling it like it is ... , and what it is is simple :

1). Cryptic didn't think things through before they put out DR .

2) Now they are scrambling to fix things to their benefit .

3) Some things are unfixable , because the power creep is so crazy it passed the stratosphere and is on it's way to Mars .

Now do yourself a favor and don't antagonize folks who have already been kicked in the privates several times by Cryptic since DR made it to the scene .

You do not have the magic words to make it go away .
    Nor can you bring back XP or skill points or STF's or awards that make things worth while .
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ill say this Cryptic has always stated a balance between time played for equal rewards , the problem with all the changes in DR is that the rewards do not equal the time playing missions from Dil to EXP .like what they said before when they changed the stf rewards and the foundry rewards .

what happened to the formula they used to gear what was worth the investigated reports wrapper? that formula was based on time accrued from there own content, which before DR i thought was reasonable, now they changed it to the point that none of the rewards make sense on the time played .
    which has alot of players feel like there wasting time on doing anything in game for the rewards arent justified .
    besides all the bugs since launch , laggy patrols"episodes" , Loadouts messing up AGAIN , R&D bugs . im sorry but spending reasources to get items to loose a main stat on a console to having items disappear off your toolbar after every map transition should be a higher priority fix then worrying about power leveling "exploits " .some of these things should never have left Tribble and made it to the live server .
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    stoutes wrote: »

That made my day ;)
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As of now still broken...please FIX it for Pete's sake!!!
    DUwNP.gif

• frakrfrakr Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I always felt that we were able to level way too fast as it was.

There is a reason for the fast-track from 0 to 50. The sooner you reach level 50, the sooner you will potentially be spending money on fancy Tier 5 endgame stuff from C-Store.

With the level expansion, they were pretty clever, though. By allowing us to use all the new Mk 14 gear and T6 ships at level 50 (which, to me, would normally make absolutely no sense from a gaming experience point of view), they can control the pace it takes to get to 60 by any means they see fit.