test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Invasion Event

Comments

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    About the shotgun: shouldn't slugs do more damage than scattershot and not lose power over range?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So I just did the Event a couple times, and noticed that you can't get Delta Marks as a reward. WTF Cryptic!?
  • phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No option for delta marks, and it isn't giving daily bonus marks either :(.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014

Daily bonus boxes are showing up fine for me. But there is no option for Delta Marks.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No Delta marks and I spend over 5 minutes each time in cut scenes and just sitting waiting for the next stage to spawn. It's been a year and you still couldn't fix this? Pathetic. I certainly know what I won't be wasting my time doing. I very happy that Cryptic does not work in a vital service industry. If you guys worked with me citizens would be rapidly dropping dead while you sat around talking about what color trucks to buy.
  • furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    does the shotgun really pump out shells? please oh please...
  • raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Well, I assume this is functioning as intended. PWE/Cryptic still wants us to do the new DR content. So we can only get Delta marks doing the new DR content. So, that is understandable.

I think the shotgun will be nice, and I hope we can get it on multiple account toons after our mains have finished running it 14 times. ; )

Chris
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
  • mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    raifin1701 wrote: »
    Well, I assume this is functioning as intended. PWE/Cryptic still wants us to do the new DR content. So we can only get Delta marks doing the new DR content. So, that is understandable.

The Known Issues part of the 10/30 patch notes says:
    * The Multiple Choice Mark Packages, such as the one listed as a reward for the Mirror Invasion Event, do not list Delta Marks as a choice.
    * This is only missing text as Delta Marks are a choice once the pack is opened.

So if they aren't actually giving Delta Marks that would be a bug...
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Awesome!

NO DELTA MARKS REWARD!
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    * The Multiple Choice Mark Packages, such as the one listed as a reward for the Mirror Invasion Event, do not list Delta Marks as a choice.
    * This is only missing text as Delta Marks are a choice once the pack is opened.

so by this note from patch notes they should be there correct??
    JtaDmwW.png
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

Nope, no selection for Delta Marks.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The shotgun looks like a Krogan shotgun and the Bluegills are the Reapers :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Nope, no selection for Delta Marks.

yeh got that but what im saying is they shud be there for players to get so bug?? or intended??
    JtaDmwW.png
  • rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would say, bug. They ARE supposed to be there, but they aren't. That definitely sounds like a bug to me.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • huntingdon1701huntingdon1701 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What a waste of 5 minutes. No delta marks, and no chance of getting anywhere near completion. I shall not be playing it again unless there is an improved version put up.
  • brle1950brle1950 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Just drop the sniping and attitude already. We've seen enough whining and ******** to believe that the forum is filled with enough spoiled little rich girls to keep a stadium filled with lolicons occupied until the turn of the century.

The only thing I did was asking a simple and somewhat legit question especially after Delta launch. If you aren't in the position to answer this question, then please don't troll and call names. It isn't exactly what the ToS defines as legal, is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yup, this event is exactly as ****** as I remember it being. Team aggro management is 100% worthless because Terrans spam AOE FAW to interrupt rift closures on zero-threat players.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • devildog246devildog246 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Stupid noob here. I just started playing recently. My Captain is only level 31. I take it there is nothing in this event relevant to me, correct?

Second stupid noob question. What level should I try to get to in partake in the winter event (get the free ship I've read about)?

Thanks in advance
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You need to be level 50 to do the Mirror event.

As far as the Winter event goes, I believe anyone level 11 and up can do that. Including getting the ships.

Things may change from previous years, but they tend to keep the Summer and Winter events as open as possible.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • devildog246devildog246 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iamynaught wrote: »
    You need to be level 50 to do the Mirror event.

As far as the Winter event goes, I believe anyone level 11 and up can do that. Including getting the ships.

Things may change from previous years, but they tend to keep the Summer and Winter events as open as possible.

Thanks for the quick answer :) just gonna keep on leveling and look forward to the Winter event. I read a lot of negativity here on the forums, but so far this is a really fun MMO.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We recently had some... differences of opinions with how the playerbase saw things and how the Devs saw things. Tempers flared and some things were said that didn't sit well. Needless to say, there are those that tend to hold grudges, but I *think* for the most part, folks are pretty nice around here.

Not to say that even the nice folks can't have a bad day now and then.

Just keep truckin' along and enjoy yourself.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

A 'Known Issue' is something that they know is broken.

Though on careful reading, it sounds like that applies to the mark box you get at the end, not necessarily the choice of marks you get from completing it...

I'm inclined to believe it's a bug but we'll see? :confused:
  • demonwolf1975demonwolf1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Stupid noob here. I just started playing recently. My Captain is only level 31. I take it there is nothing in this event relevant to me, correct?

Second stupid noob question. What level should I try to get to in partake in the winter event (get the free ship I've read about)?

Thanks in advance

you can do the winter event on any toon lv 11 and up but has for the ship its a T5 ship so if you can get it you cant use it tell your lv. 50+
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for bringing back the MU event! This has always been one of my favorite PvE queue missions to run. 6 characters in though, something really needs to be changed. Normal is way too easy, even with the worst of PuG's. Advanced though, is a bit on the too tough side with a bunch that has no idea what they are doing. I am still finding groups of people who don't close the rifts or bother to kill the enemies from the rifts. This makes the Advanced instance a failure in most cases.

I like a challenge but my definition of a challenge seems to differ from what the dev team have in mind. Insane amounts of HP is not what I call a challenge. Better strategies, enemies that single out a target to kill, chasing targets, and using powers intelligently is what I call a challenge. In PvE queue missions, thee needs to be some sort of considering that the team possibly hasn't played together before and that it could be multiple players first run for the mission. Advanced needs to be a little more forgiving for that reason. I can understand Elite not being PuG friendly but Advanced definitely shouldn't be scaled to the point where it can easily be failed with 5 players that have never played together before.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited October 2014

So they know it's a problem and didn't bother fixing it before the event even started. Unbelievable! Cryptic always amaze me with how pathetic and lazy they are.
  • vilmalithvilmalith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes, another event new players can't participate in!
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Have the devs actually played mirror advanced?
    I think not.

When it literally takes 3-5 minutes to kill a SINGLE enemy, and you can't interact with anything while being attacked the mission is unplayable.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Question: In Advanced, is it mandatory to keep the station alive, or is it only mandatory to get the defenses to level 5?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Question: In Advanced, is it mandatory to keep the station alive, or is it only mandatory to get the defenses to level 5?

If station falls to 0, you fail.
    It also doesn't allow you to choose Delta marks at the end of the run.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Advanced is just too much. All them ships coming through and the number of portals that need to be closed are too plentiful. Getting rid of a simple frigate is now a pain.

My ship isn't really what I'd call weak and it hasn't been blown up.. but at some point 20+ ships zooming around you becomes very overwhelming.

I don't dare tackle a Typhoon at this stage either.

I don't understand why we can close rifts in Borg Disconnect while shields being struck and not in Mirror Universe. Are our deflector dishes in some kind of temporal flux when it comes to Undine Rifts or something?

Even if it was possible to close the rifts without interruption, it'll be a hell of a challenge to begin with.
    giphy.gif
This discussion has been closed.