test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Invasion Event

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Prepare for the Mirror Universe event and face the dreaded Terran Empire! Using your wits, you can overcome the hordes of Mirror Universe invaders earning rewards galore including the new Zefram Cochrane Shotgun!

Check out the event here: www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9002213

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hope the gun is made out of actual bones from Zefram Cochrane, I have a thing for nostalgia ! :D
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Erm.. it says 'Zephrame Cochrane Shotgun!1!1!!one details below...'

Only, there are no details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Shotgun? Awesome. :)

Is the missing delta marks option a copy/paste mistake, or are they really not an option?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    and 35 Marks of Your Choice (Fleet, Romulan, Nukara, Omega, or Dyson) through a secondary Event Reputation Project that will become available after the main Project is completed.

No option for DR rep marks?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do Klingons give a hoot who zephram cochrane is ?

...suppose the shotgun has unlimited ammo too.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Do Klingons give a hoot who zephram cochrane is ?

...suppose the shotgun has unlimited ammo too.

Bandolier costume piece for extra shells. :D
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    oh didnt notice that.. LOL

no delta marks = big no from me.

WTF do i need Fleet marks for anyway?

UNLESS... the event grants a decent amount of XP (skill points) but i very much doubt that..

In fact... I know that it won't give XP for the following reason.

If the event scales to 60, then it will be un-puggable and full of fail, just like all the advanced queues are at the moment.

If the even doesnt scale to 50 and stays at 50 then there will be NO XP to be had here because of the last patch that F@*KED XP for fighting stuff at a lower level....

why don't you learn to play your game or at the very least learn how the game works before making ANY more changes or any MORE 'content'?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Oh HELL YEAH!!! Hit me with the booooooong! :P
    Awesome, this is just what I wanted, you might as well read my mind here Cryptic.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So a Pulse Wave weapon instead of a DOFF?

weak sauce.

Also mobs at L50... so folks at L55 or higher wont get any xp?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    No option for DR rep marks?
    yeah I noticed that too, it didn't list Delta or Undine marks.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Delta marks noticeably left off of the list and no details on the shotgun, TBH I expected such
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    WTF do i need Fleet marks for anyway?

Fleet marks are the only marks worth anything once you get all the rep gear you want and have a swimming pool full of unrefined dilithium ore.

Undine and Delta marks probably aren't on there because they just copied and pasted that section from the last time this event ran. I'd be surprised if they're not offered.
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Undine and Delta marks probably aren't on there because they just copied and pasted that section from the last time this event ran. I'd be surprised if they're not offered.

Most likely true, but quite sloppy which is what I have come to expect from them
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • mainmarine20mainmarine20 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have last year's Mirror Invasion still queued with 7/14 Multidimensional Transporter's filled. Will I be able to continue filling this out and also queue this year's Invasion and get both?
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    I predict this going horribly wrong, considering the current state of the game when it comes to PvE with pugs. Maybe you guys should focus on fixing the issues before releasing an event.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Omg.. I hope that the shotgun do not ignore shields or is going to be the official dead of the GPVP.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • amosmoses1amosmoses1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If that shotgun is a kinetic pulsewave I will squee all the way to the elachi stf.
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    First thought: "ARGH, mirror hell is back."

I think I pass on this round.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shotgun? cool, will probably be handy in bug hunt, and perhaps work like that the shield pening slug throwing rifle you can craft. sniper and shot bun is the best weapons combo imo, now you can one of each in slug thrower form!

cant pass up all that dil and fleet marks, an extra 250 of my choice for delta rep is exactly what i'll need too.

with XP being so scarce, and with how many npcs this map tends to feature, this will probably be a great place to farm XP from wile it lasts, just like the old days

given all the current circumstances, i must say im looking forward to this
  • christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shotgun? cool, will probably be handy in bug hunt, and perhaps work like that the shield pening slug throwing rifle you can craft. sniper and shot bun is the best weapons combo imo, now you can one of each in slug thrower form!

cant pass up all that dil and fleet marks, an extra 250 of my choice for delta rep is exactly what i'll need too.

with XP being so scarce, and with how many npcs this map tends to feature, this will probably be a great place to farm XP from wile it lasts, just like the old days

given all the current circumstances, i must say im looking forward to this

FINALLY!!!!! a positive response. I know for one my fleet will be teaming for this all dang day for the whole event.....50k dilithium on 10 toons=yummy
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • daka86daka86 Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think this will be fun whit the shotgun.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Despite the typos, the fact that the advanced and elite versions will be inevitably unpuggable, and the lack of details, I am excited.

Looks like I'm going to be refining dil all through Christmas...
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Despite the typos, the fact that the advanced and elite versions will be inevitably unpuggable, and the lack of details, I am excited.

Looks like I'm going to be refining dil all through Christmas...

no no no Fonzie, there is our trip to Aspen waiting. you know, in this cozy time-sharing cabin.

Eyyyyyy!

(for god's sake where does the time out come from?)
  • casper32433casper32433 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am excited for this event to launch, I just hope people can remember how to play it. I remember the last time it was around pugging was a nightmare 90% of the time. No one would bother to close the rifts and map would get overrun with terran ships. Hopefully they will have learned their lesson, but not going to hold my breath. Hope that they don't TRIBBLE up the NPC's like they have the advanced stf's are now, they did make things a little better when they reduced the advanced and normal hp's but still needs a little more tweeking imo, not a huge drop but enough that lower dps people have a chance to complete it.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Most likely true, but quite sloppy which is what I have come to expect from them

Oh yeah, definitely. A little slip up now and then is fine, but I swear this happens every time an event reruns.
  • aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Shotgun should be useful against the Borg since it's not an energy weapon. I am going out Picard Style!
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Way to deflect the current "rage" of the state of the game: Release something new and shiny for people to be amazed by, hoping they might forget the mistakes already made.

My, how quickly some people forget.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Needs modifying to show what level queue it is. Is it standard level 50 so we stand a chance or scaling so most PUG's will fail? Also no details about the shotgun other than we get a picture. As an additional comment the queue would look far more attractive if it awarded decent xp instead of the rubbish being given out now.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
This discussion has been closed.